Foles reportedly refused trade back to Philly

Procus

Nick Foles can do what he likes as far as I'm concerned that game he pulled out in the SB is etched in my mind, he went toe to toe with the best that ever did it and won in a shoot out.

I still think the team did him dirty the year after and contributed to Wentz issues in the process, no surprise he doesn't want the circus that would be Nick Foles backing up Jalen Hurts.

If I saw Nick Foles Tomorrow I'd shake his hand and buy him all the alcohol he could drink, with a smile on my face.

• Like 2

There's no advantage for him in coming back here.  All it would do is ruin his legacy when he doesn't play well, which is exactly what would happen.  He's a hero here and he's smart enough to know that he doesn't want to F that up.

• Like 2

Whether true or not, no need to disparage the guy who helped bring this team this ... 

Foles.JPG

• Like 8

If I was Foles I wouldn't come back to Philly either. We messed him over twice in his career not believing in him as a starter.

He will forever be my favorite Philly QB as he was the only one to complete the damn job. That Magical run outweighs over 20 years of players that have come and go for me personally. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

All I know is I have a Nick Foles Super Bowl LII jersey hanging in my closet. Anything after that is just background noise. 

I still have a garcia in my closet. It still doesn't want to come out. 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Talking shi*... Unsure... but the dude stinks. This goes back to my LUCKY theory in the other thread. He caught lightning in a bottle. he's not a good QB and to be honest even as a backup I wouldnt want him. 

You need to be some level of good QB to win a SB and out duel Tom Brady.

He has been very unlucky in his career with a mix of Injures and being put on some very..very..bad teams. The only 2 times he looked good was 2 Games at KC and with Eagles. Every other team he was placed on had no real hope or shot.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

All I know is I have a Nick Foles Super Bowl LII jersey hanging in my closet. Anything after that is just background noise. 

Me too

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Talking shi*... Unsure... but the dude stinks. This goes back to my LUCKY theory in the other thread. He caught lightning in a bottle. he's not a good QB and to be honest even as a backup I wouldnt want him. 

2 hours ago, Sturm said:

You need to be some level of good QB to win a SB and out duel Tom Brady.

He has been very unlucky in his career with a mix of Injures and being put on some very..very..bad teams. The only 2 times he looked good was 2 Games at KC and with Eagles. Every other team he was placed on had no real hope or shot.

Simple fact is that Foles needs a good O-Line and enough weapons and he is capable of elite play. 2013 - 27 TDs to 2 Interceptions. 2017 Super Bowl run. 2018 taking a dead and buried Eagles team to the playoffs, knocking off the Rams (eventual NFC Champs) and the Bears off away and almost knocking off the Saints.

Foles is bad when he's not in the right situation and seems to struggle to stay healthy/with the pressures of being "the guy". 

But at the very least he's one of the best back ups in the league. He is good - just needs the right situation.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

I still have a garcia in my closet. It still doesn't want to come out. 

I don't buy 'current player' jerseys, but for years I always said that I'd buy the jersey of the QB who won us a Super Bowl. Even if that had been Vick, I'd have a Vick jersey hanging in my closet, and I really didn't care for him. 

As for Foles and him coming back or not coming back, I wouldn't be pissed either way. It's hard to 'recapture' the magic, so coming back likely wouldn't produce the same results as 2017 and 2018. So just let his team legacy be what it is and don't tarnish it. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Simple fact is that Foles needs a good O-Line and enough weapons and he is capable of elite play. 2013 - 27 TDs to 2 Interceptions. 2017 Super Bowl run. 2018 taking a dead and buried Eagles team to the playoffs, knocking off the Rams (eventual NFC Champs) and the Bears off away and almost knocking off the Saints.

Foles is bad when he's not in the right situation and seems to struggle to stay healthy/with the pressures of being "the guy". 

But at the very least he's one of the best back ups in the league. He is good - just needs the right situation.

That's a very good summation of Nick Foles' career to date. Wentz wanted out, Ertz wants out and Foles wants no part of coming back. Says something about Lurie/Roseman?

• Like 1

On 5/31/2021 at 12:22 AM, Diehardfan said:

I just watched the Super Bowl again and I don't care either way. I'll be grateful for him the rest of my life. 

this

40 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

That's a very good summation of Nick Foles' career to date. Wentz wanted out, Ertz wants out and Foles wants no part of coming back. Says something about Lurie/Roseman?

Hmm - I'm not Roseman's biggest fan, but I think there are very specific circumstances regarding all 3.

1) Wentz couldn't deal with the drafting of competition and it had the opposite effect on him to Rodgers. Made the situation pretty untenable.

2) Ertz is pretty simple - they didn't offer him a good long term contract because they had drafted his replacement. Sad, but ultimately the right call by the Eagles.

3) Foles - more complex and we don't know for sure what happened. Were the Eagles truly interested? (seems a good way of undermining Hurts). If they were Foles could have had many reasons why he didn't want to go back. Didn't want to tarnish legacy. Was annoyed at being traded twice. Felt he didn't have genuine chance to compete. We don't know.

Roseman in particular has a number of faults, but I don't get the feeling that the Eagles are one of these places that nobody wants to go/stay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Roseman in particular has a number of faults, but I don't get the feeling that the Eagles are one of these places that nobody wants to go/stay.

People have signed in Houston when the rep there is super bad.  Players are making personal decisions mostly financial. It very rarely has much to do with the personality of the owner or GM 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2021 at 9:19 AM, Bacarty2 said:

The only QB to play his ass off and win the playoffs AND the Super Bowl. Calm yourself- he is a legend here.

On 6/1/2021 at 4:46 PM, pgcd3 said:

People have signed in Houston when the rep there is super bad.  Players are making personal decisions mostly financial. It very rarely has much to do with the personality of the owner or GM 

No doubt financial is the primary motivating factor - as it should be, but I have to believe that team makeup is a big factor as well.

On 6/1/2021 at 8:04 AM, time2rock said:

Whether true or not, no need to disparage the guy who helped bring this team this ... 

Foles.JPG

100^^^^

This was the pinnacle of his career.  Nothing he could conceivably do in the future can touch it.   

You can't go home again. 

• Like 1

Foles is clutch. He may not be the best QB but he has the potential to reach heights and hit streaks in the clutch that Tom Brady couldn't match. When the chips are down I'd still take Foles every time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2021 at 7:11 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Nick Foles can do what he likes as far as I'm concerned that game he pulled out in the SB is etched in my mind, he went toe to toe with the best that ever did it and won in a shoot out.

I still think the team did him dirty the year after and contributed to Wentz issues in the process, no surprise he doesn't want the circus that would be Nick Foles backing up Jalen Hurts.

If I saw Nick Foles Tomorrow I'd shake his hand and buy him all the alcohol he could drink, with a smile on my face.

How did the team "do him dirty"?  By not extending his contract?  By paying him millions of dollars?

5 hours ago, Vileborg said:

Foles is clutch. He may not be the best QB but he has the potential to reach heights and hit streaks in the clutch that Tom Brady couldn't match. When the chips are down I'd still take Foles every time.

Let's be real, the read option offense built by Frank, Flipp and Dougy was taylormade for Fole's skill set. Combine that with a bunch of veterans at the peak of there careers all jelled at the perfect time. It was great no doubt about it, lightning in a bottle for sure...but majority of those players including Foles have not and will not ever play at that level again.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CheesesteakNBeer said:

Let's be real, the read option offense built by Frank, Flipp and Dougy was taylormade for Fole's skill set. Combine that with a bunch of veterans at the peak of there careers all jelled at the perfect time. It was great no doubt about it, lightning in a bottle for sure...but majority of those players including Foles have not and will not ever play at that level again.

Well the first time Foles was in a Read Option or Zone Read set he threw 27 touchdowns and had only 2 interceptions, took the Eagles to the playoffs, and went to the pro bowl. I guess he caught lighting twice then. The truth is both times Foles had his runs the Eagles responded by fawning after a different guy who winded up being a soft chump both times. Despite the success Foles has proven to have in Philly the Eagles have never truly committed to him in any way. 

• Like 3

On 6/1/2021 at 1:46 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I think this is why Foles doesn't want to come back. He capped off a perfect Eagles season and did something no one else has done in the franchise's history. I wouldn't want to come back and besmirch that legacy either. Plus why go to a team where you know you are going to be a backup at best. At least at a place like Denver or Carolina you have a legit shot at winning the starting job.

• Like 1

Is Foles going into the Hall of Fame?

He’s certainly had an interesting career so far. He’s got gear in canton, he holds nfl records, and he’s won a SB

What say you 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Is Foles going into the Hall of Fame?

He’s certainly had an interesting career so far. He’s got gear in canton, he holds nfl records, and he’s won a SB

What say you 

The Eagles Hall of Fame, definitely. The Pro Football Hall of Fame? No, he hasn't had a HOF career. At least not so far. If he goes on to win a couple more Super Bowls (as a starter), you never know. But if his career ends with his numbers/accomplishments being about where they are right now, no.