Foles reportedly refused trade back to Philly

Procus

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The Eagles Hall of Fame, definitely. The Pro Football Hall of Fame? No, he hasn't had a HOF career. At least not so far. If he goes on to win a couple more Super Bowls (as a starter), you never know. But if his career ends with his numbers/accomplishments being about where they are right now, no. 

There are players that have never won a SB that are in. He also has a record that only 8 players in history have

21 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

There are players that have never won a SB that are in. He also has a record that only 8 players in history have

FAR too streaky. I don't know if there is another NFL player with Nick's highs and lows.

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Yeah, there are, but I'd have to look at their careers vs. Nicks to form an opinion on that. 

I'm probably one of the biggest Foles fans on this board, so I'd love it for him to get in. I just don't see it happening, though. His only real success was with the Eagles. Elsewhere, he hasn't fared very well. 

I just think that he'd need another ring (as a starter), or two, to get in though. Or another 5 to 10 years as a starter with good numbers. 

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Is Foles going into the Hall of Fame?

He’s certainly had an interesting career so far. He’s got gear in canton, he holds nfl records, and he’s won a SB

What say you 

He’s been in the league for 9 years and only started 8 or more games in a season twice.

8 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

He’s certainly had an interesting career so far. He’s got gear in canton, he holds nfl records, and he’s won a SB

What say you 

I'll put the chances of that at about roughly

• Like 1

Not really surprising to me. It states the pretty obvious I think. He probably felt Howie was too involved and Doug was told what personnel to use. He wanted nothing to do with that and I dont blame him.

It will be interesting to see what Chicago does. Clearly they don’t want Foles or they wouldn’t be trying to trade him at all. I don’t think there will be many teams banging down the door trying to pick up Foles regardless. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

It will be interesting to see what Chicago does. Clearly they don’t want Foles or they wouldn’t be trying to trade him at all. I don’t think there will be many teams banging down the door trying to pick up Foles regardless. 

I think they end up just keeping him on the roster for this season as a very expensive 3rd QB and then cut him after this season.  He will probably play game at some point too since he is like Ryan Fitzpatrick where whatever team he is on there always ends up being injuries or something occurring that forces him into the lineup.  

On 6/5/2021 at 3:50 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, there are, but I'd have to look at their careers vs. Nicks to form an opinion on that. 

I'm probably one of the biggest Foles fans on this board, so I'd love it for him to get in. I just don't see it happening, though. His only real success was with the Eagles. Elsewhere, he hasn't fared very well. 

I just think that he'd need another ring (as a starter), or two, to get in though. Or another 5 to 10 years as a starter with good numbers. 

He would need to have a hell of a career starting this season. He has played 9 seasons and missed way too much time. Even another SB or two wouldn't do it. He won't have the statistics unless he has a chance to play as a starter for a long time and actually remain injury free and play at a high level. Kurt Warner is the comp for his chance to get in. And that is 20k passing yards and 120 TD away.

Wentz has more passing yards and TD's than Foles already. Foles' best season statistically is average or below average compared to most passing seasons. I'd like to see it happen, but he would need to play at least 6 seasons at an extremely high level, injury free, and win a couple SB's. Have a career a bit like Warner.

Foles has this year and next with around $14mil guaranteed. If he wants to stay put, so be it. He's a family man, so less moving is good.

Eagles have obviously moved on. Why come back to a team a third time? He can only diminish his image in Philly if he comes back here. 

I am interested to see what happens next with Foles in Chicago. And, I wonder if he gets a deal after the Chicago contract. 

I think he has made $74mil to date with $14mil more due over next 2 years. He is set, doesn't need to work.

Maybe he gets traded this year to a franchise desperate for a QB, after the injury bug hits.

Salary gurus can correct my numbers. I am no expert at salary stuff.

On 6/5/2021 at 2:38 PM, Mike030270 said:

What say you 

no

He's already in Canton for 7 TDs in a game and his Super Bowl MVP. I thought his cleets were sent for the 27/2 season but I can't find anything that lists them on display.

On 6/5/2021 at 4:15 PM, Mike030270 said:

The current Eagles backup QB has the same number of Super Bowl wins, Super Bowl MVP awards and 76 more wins as a starting QB than Foles.  Is Joe Flacco a candidate as well?

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

The current Eagles backup QB has the same number of Super Bowl wins, Super Bowl MVP awards and 76 more wins as a starting QB than Foles.  Is Joe Flacco a candidate as well?

Don't know. Didn't Ravens have a really good defense during that SB run?

It'll be interesting to see what QBs get in from these past couple decades

Peyton, Rodgers, Brady, Brees are locks

What about Ben, Rivers, and Eli

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

And about 25,000 more passing yards and 140 more touchdowns

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Don't know. Didn't Ravens have a really good defense during that SB run?

It'll be interesting to see what QBs get in from these past couple decades

Peyton, Rodgers, Brady, Brees are locks

What about Ben, Rivers, and Eli

Manning is already in but considering there are only a couple of dozen QBs in the history of the league in the HOF guys like Rivers and Eli are on the way outside.  Not sure about Ben.

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

And about 25,000 more passing yards and 140 more touchdowns

And for the record, not knocking Foles in the slightest but people here can't be rational about him.  

31 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Manning is already in but considering there are only a couple of dozen QBs in the history of the league in the HOF guys like Rivers and Eli are on the way outside.  Not sure about Ben.

And for the record, not knocking Foles in the slightest but people here can't be rational about him.  

Ben is a lock IMO. Eli isn't a lock for 1st ballot but, don't see any reason he doesn't get in at some point

52 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Ben is a lock. Eli will likely get in for engineering two 2 SB wins. Rivers is on the bubble, like McNabb.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Ben is a lock IMO. Eli isn't a lock for 1st ballot but, don't see any reason he doesn't get in at some point

4 minutes ago, Devaster said:

Ben is a lock. Eli will likely get in for engineering two 2 SB wins. Rivers is on the bubble, like McNabb.

Ben is a paradox. He's the second best QB in Steeler's history and won two Super Bowls but the serious sexual assault allegations hurt his case.  He's also never been a first team All Pro or MVP.  As for Eli, his case is pretty strong but the one knock is his 117-117  record as a starter.

Here's another one: Russell Wilson.

36 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Ben is a paradox. He's the second best QB in Steeler's history and won two Super Bowls but the serious sexual assault allegations hurt his case.  He's also never been a first team All Pro or MVP.  As for Eli, his case is pretty strong but the one knock is his 117-117  record as a starter.

True about Ben. I just think 2 super bowls and pretty good numbers for the team he plays for gets him in no problem. 

Eli to me has the stats plus the longevity and 2 super bowls and his name pretty much gets him in. 

Rivers to me is the really difficult one to gage he has been pretty damn good and I would say better then both Ben and Eli as far as stats go and didn't need dominate defenses to carry him the first few years. Then again his stats weren't outrageous either and he hasn't accomplished jack sheet in the post season. 

Russell Wilson could be a tricky one when it's all said and done too. He has time to add to his resume though. 

42 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

I doubt the sexual assault allegations hurt Bens chances. Ray Lewis got in

Wilson is an interesting one. Had one of the best defenses in history but hasn't won a SB since then. Though he also hasn't had an Oline in years and is often running for his life so 🤷‍♂️

Wilson will have a good chance as long as he can maintain his level of play over longevity. No one even brings up Ben's old allegations any more except for the rare few posts I see on message boards. Those have no chance of impacting his chances. Ben is likely a 1st ballot HoFamer as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I doubt the sexual assault allegations hurt Bens chances. Ray Lewis got in

Wilson is an interesting one. Had one of the best defenses in history but hasn't won a SB since then. Though he also hasn't had an Oline in years and is often running for his life so 🤷‍♂️

He has had the same amount of sacks from the start of his career till today. His line wasn't crap his entire career. They actually traded some lineman to get him weapons at one point. Can't have the best at both positions when he is taking up a good portion of the cap. 

Mobile QBs like himself tend to get sacked more it's just part of it. Lineman can't hold blocks forever and they don't have eyes in the back of their heads to know where the QB is at all times. So that leads to QBs like Wilson to run into sacks. 

13 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

Eli gets in for the rings, SB MVP's and longivety, he didn't ride a great defense or stellar running game to a ring he led the team and set the NFL record for passing yards in a post season, I don't think overall record comes high on the consideration, Jurgensen and Namath both have losing records and they got in, Warren Moon has no rings and a 102-101 record and got in on gaudy numbers and longivety.