Foles reportedly refused trade back to Philly

Procus

https://heavy.com/sports/chicago-bears/nick-foles-refused-trade-philadelphia-eagles/

Nick Foles Refused Trade to Surprising NFC Team: Report

• Updated May 29, 2021 at 1:26pm

Nick Foles had the chance to return to the team he won a Super Bowl with, and he apparently refused.

According to NFL insider Tyler Dunne, the Chicago Bears were looking to move on from the veteran signal-caller after his none-too-impressive 2020 campaign — and the team had a particular trade partner in mind — but Foles didn’t want to return to the Philadelphia Eagles.

"The Bears tried cleansing their hands of the Nick Foles mistake by trading Foles back to Philly. Foles didn’t want to go, one source says, so the Eagles refused to trade for a QB who wouldn’t report,” Dunne reported May 24.

Interesting — so the Eagles didn’t want Foles because he would not have reported to camp? Foles is still a beloved figure in Philadelphia after helping the team win its only Super Bowl, so it’s somewhat surprising he didn’t want to return.

Another NFL insider, Adam Caplan, reported on May 7 that the Bears had tried to trade Foles, but no one wanted him. Perhaps no one wanted him because he didn’t want to leave the Windy City. The 32-year-old vet has played for three different teams over the past three years, so it’s entirely possible he just wanted to stay put.

Others already picked up on this but just for the sake of clarity if I’d like to state the obvious: this article makes no sense.

I’m not surprised. I bet Foles isn’t feeling good about how things went down in Chicago and Jacksonville. But ultimately Foles is never healthy long enough to hold down the starting job. 

Maybe they can trade him to the Colts........:roll:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

The Eagles got rid of him twice. IMO, It would be understandable to not want to be somewhere you’re not wanted.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Devaster said:

I’m not surprised. I bet Foles isn’t feeling good about how things went down in Chicago and Jacksonville. But ultimately Foles is never healthy good long enough to hold down the starting job. 

Fixed it for you.  

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz didn’t want Chicago. Case closed. 

Not like that was some deal breaker for trading for Foles.  He's the 3rd string QB there with a large contract.  Bears would trade him for a bag of rocks if a team offered it. 

That means Foles is a whiny, petulant weak child and a bad teammate. 

:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Not like that was some deal breaker for trading for Foles.  He's the 3rd string QB there with a large contract.  Bears would trade him for a bag of rocks if a team offered it. 

Eagles probably would have just released him anyways. 

I just watched the Super Bowl again and I don't care either way. I'll be grateful for him the rest of my life. 

• Like 15

How any fan can talk shi* about the only QB with enough balls to win the only Super Bowl the Eagles ever had... says more about those fans than Foles and fans with a brain in their head.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, SB52 said:

The Eagles got rid of him twice. IMO, It would be understandable to not want to be somewhere you’re not wanted.

Technically, only once. They actually exercised the option in his contract for another season, which he voided to become a FA.

• Like 1

I’m not mad at Nick Foles. Can’t say I blame him for not wanting to come back, though I really doubt the Eagles were looking to give up draft capital to bring him here anyways. 

• Like 2

Why would he want to come back? Things are never going to be as great as they were. And in all likelihood he wasn't going to be a starter here anywhere. Then again he's not likely to be a starter anywhere in the league. 

• Like 2

Wonder if this allegedly occurred before we signed Flacco (and Joe ended up being plan B).  

• Like 2

Probably nothing to do with not wanting to come here and everything to do with not wanting to move again so soon

13 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

It probably has more to do with being given a chance to start vs being Joe Flacco.

What chance does he have to start in Chicago?  They brought in Dalton to start and then traded up in the draft to get Fields.  At least in Philadelphia Flacco is one injury away from starting.  

39 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

What chance does he have to start in Chicago?  They brought in Dalton to start and then traded up in the draft to get Fields.  At least in Philadelphia Flacco is one injury away from starting.  

Ummm ... this is why Chicago is wanting to trade him. 

As a backup, you are always an injury away from starting. But as the backup, you may not be given a chance to win the starting job. Does anybody really believe Flacco is battling for the starting role here?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Ummm ... this is why Chicago is wanting to trade him. 

As a backup, you are always an injury away from starting. But as the backup, you may not be given a chance to win the starting job. Does anybody really believe Flacco is battling for the starting role here?

Yeah that's why Chicago is trying to trade him but I don't think Foles is in a position to try to turn down trades to other teams if he is hoping for the chance to compete to start somewhere.  That's not going to happen.  That's why I don't really believe this story at all.  

All I know is I have a Nick Foles Super Bowl LII jersey hanging in my closet. Anything after that is just background noise. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1