8 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

2007 Bleacher Report has Eli 8th:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/9030-best-qbs-of-the-2007-08-season

Pro Football Focus top Quarterbacks from 2008-2010, Eli 10th:

https://www.pff.com/news/making-the-grade-quarterbacks-2008-2010

Football Outsiders 2009, Eli Ranked 10th:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/qb/2009

Business Insider has Eli ranked 9th in 2011, prior to second Super Bowl ring:

https://www.businessinsider.com/nfl-green-bay-packers-aaron-rodgers-is-best-quarterback-2011-10

Bleacher Report has him 5th for 2011, prior to the second super bowl win:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/995340-nfl-top-15-quarterbacks-of-2011-season

Athlon Sports, 2012 has Eli 4th:

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/ranking-nfls-starting-quarterbacks-2012

John Clayton, ESPN 2012 has Eli 5th:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/preview12/story/_/id/8276502/nfl-quarterback-rankings-john-clayton-reveals-2012-hierarchy-signal-callers-part-1

2015 Athlon Sports, Eli 10th:

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/2015-nfl-player-rankings-quarterbacks

2016 FOX Sports, Eli 7th:

https://www.foxsports.com/southwest/gallery/ranking-the-nfl-s-top-15-quarterbacks-012714

2017 Sporting News has Eli 9th:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/list/nfl-quarterback-qb-rankings-tom-brady-aaron-rodgers-derek-carr-russell-wilson/fp3jhqdcx32q1u6t2n1ycvt6h/24

I got those in about 10 minutes, cycling google through the different years he played well. I'm sure there's dozens more from just about every publication that didnt show up on google's first page.

I get not liking Eli Manning, but making a statement like him never being amongst the 10 best in the league... is just a stupid thing to say.

That’s fair. I’ve just watched him play lots of times and he’s just not THAT good. He had his moments. And was a better than average starter. But putting him next to Montana, Elway, Marino, eventually Brady and even his brother.. he’s just not even close to that level. He shouldn’t even be in the conversation. He has two rings. Teams win rings, too. Trent Dilfer won one. Flacco.  Nick Foles played better in his than most winning QBs. That shouldn’t be the metric. Neither should squeaking in the top ten sometimes. Eli Manning shouldn’t be in the Hall of Fame, regardless of rings. The Hall of Fame is for legends. The best of the best. Mediocre QBs win Superbowls. Eli just wasn’t a player who deserves a bust in Canton. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, blindside said:

That’s fair. I’ve just watched him play lots of times and he’s just not THAT good. He had his moments. And was a better than average starter. But putting him next to Montana, Elway, Marino, eventually Brady and even his brother.. he’s just not even close to that level. He shouldn’t even be in the conversation. He has two rings. Teams win rings, too. Trent Dilfer won one. Flacco.  Nick Foles played better in his than most winning QBs. That shouldn’t be the metric. Neither should squeaking in the top ten sometimes. Eli Manning shouldn’t be in the Hall of Fame, regardless of rings. The Hall of Fame is for legends. The best of the best. Mediocre QBs win Superbowls. Eli just wasn’t a player who deserves a bust in Canton. 

He was starting QB for a major market team for 15 years, he won two rings as MVP, is 8th all time career passing yards, holds the single season play off pass yards record. If you don't let him in, then there are other guys you need to take out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

He was starting QB for a major market team for 15 years, he won two rings as MVP, is 8th all time career passing yards, holds the single season play off pass yards record. If you don't let him in, then there are other guys you need to take out.

Retired Giant David Tyree reflects on helmet catch, Eli Manning

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blindside said:

None those players you mentioned have 2 SB rings. I agree it shouldn’t be just about that, but if it is then Eli is in rarified air. Eli won 8 consecutive playoff games, no one else outside of the GOAT conversation has ever done that. 

Eli is going to get in for stat accumulation, he’s 8th all time in passing yards. Eli threw more TDs than Frank Tarkenton and John Elway, who were second and third all-time when Eli entered the league. How weird would it be if every player 12th or higher in all time yards and TDs was in the hall of fame except the guy who is 8th? You know what other QB made it in for stat accumulation? A QB who was never top 5, usually floated around 9th or 10th best in the league? Warren Moon. He played during The Marino era, Elway era, Montana, Young, Kelly, Aikman, Cunningham, Favre, Esiason…. Moon was an occasional pro bowler and stat accumulator. But never more than top 10. Do people talk about how Warren Moon shouldn’t be in the Hall? No, because he played for long enough that his actions are NFL history.

Eli is also one of the NFL’s true Iron Men. That is a major boon and highly acclaimed by the hall of fame. From the point he was made a starter in 2004, he didn’t miss a single game for 15-odd years. All of that AND he has 2 super bowl rings. He has a few reasons he’s going to make it. All 3 QBs in the 2004 draft class were interception machines, led the league multiple times each. And all 3 will be Hall of Famers one day. It doesn’t mean the Hall is letting just anyone in, these guys did things few others had every done, including Eli. Multiple things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greend said:

Retired Giant David Tyree reflects on helmet catch, Eli Manning

that’s true but that wasn’t the winning TD pass, Eli still had to finish the drive. The drive to take a Wild card team the Length of the field to beat the greatest team in NFL history.

3 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

that’s true but that wasn’t the winning TD pass, Eli still had to finish the drive. The drive to take a Wild card team the Length of the field to beat the greatest team in NFL history.

Eli was clutch as hell in the playoffs he made some really great throws and led some great drives. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mihailo said:

I think Eli got enough praise in TATE for a lifetime? :dope-slap:

Yes lol

17 hours ago, mihailo said:

I think Eli got enough praise in TATE for a lifetime? :dope-slap:

Kind of feel that this thread should turn into a montage of Eagles hard hits on Eli resulting in fumbles/interceptions/general pain.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Kind of feel that this thread should turn into a montage of Eagles hard hits on Eli resulting in fumbles/interceptions/general pain.

Let's get the ball rolling... or bouncing in this case :towel:

OrderlyIgnorantBlueandgoldmackaw-small.g

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, mihailo said:

That's the one I really wanted! Wasn't that a rare Jerome McDougal sighting?!

13 hours ago, mihailo said:

All this gif shows is how tough Eli was considering he took that absolute obliteration and still played 200 and something games straight after. 😛

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

All this gif shows is how tough Eli was considering he took that absolute obliteration and still played 200 and something games straight after. 😛

:chair:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mihailo said:

:chair:

Lol just doing some light trolling. 

20 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lol just doing some light trolling. 

I was just playing along :thumbsup:

• Like 1

QB's going into the hall is a lot easier to predict than Wide outs, I'll be damned if I can work out the criteria that gets some guys in and others not.

On 6/30/2021 at 6:39 AM, ManchesterEagle said:

That's the one I really wanted! Wasn't that a rare Jerome McDougal sighting?!

That Jim Johnson defense made a lot of QBs play off their game in the east.

On 6/28/2021 at 4:46 AM, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I'm not a big Eli fan, but this is the best argument yet.  He was pretty good for a long time and deserves strong consideration.  I'd bet other teams' fans are more respectful of his accomplishments.

On 6/29/2021 at 10:26 PM, mihailo said:

That's probably a penalty and fine in today's NFL.

4 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

That's probably a penalty and fine in today's NFL.

Unless it happens to an Eagles QB then it's fine.

• Like 1