The Movie Thread

Agent23

Figured I’d kick start our general movie/film discussion thread here with the announcement of two more Tommy Cruise bangers!!!

3E37F566-0BA2-4146-8196-949FA6BAB31D.png

Well can't wait for the movie theaters to open up!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Passepartout said:

Well can't wait for the movie theaters to open up!

Same. They are my favorite escape. 

1917 was good. Not sure about how historically accurate though. There were a few stupid moments though. Not the best war movie but it was decent

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge

It was good. The action was nice. Only problem

Spoiler

It was just scorpions viewpoint of the 1995 Mortal Kombat movie

I was hoping it was going to be something completely different

The fighting was still awesome though. If you're a fan then it'll be a good watch

When/where is this mortal mom at movie? Is it animated? 

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Figured I’d kick start our general movie/film discussion thread here with the announcement of two more Tommy Cruise bangers!!!

3E37F566-0BA2-4146-8196-949FA6BAB31D.png

Awesome.  Fallout was freakin awesome, and I hope this tiny little lunatic continues to make these badass movies into his 80s.  

31 minutes ago, hputenis said:

Awesome.  Fallout was freakin awesome, and I hope this tiny little lunatic continues to make these badass movies into his 80s.  

I’m still bummed Top Gun 2 is delayed. But Fallout was another brilliant double down on the MI zaniness

• Like 1

I just saw Us for the 2nd time.  Can someone explain to me what the F happens?  I can't wrap my brain around whatever the plot is.  Does every single human being on the planet have an exact replica/clone that lives in the tunnels?  

On 4/25/2020 at 10:25 PM, Mike030270 said:

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge

It was good. The action was nice. Only problem

Reveal hidden contents

It was just scorpions viewpoint of the 1995 Mortal Kombat movie

I was hoping it was going to be something completely different

The fighting was still awesome though. If you're a fan then it'll be a good watch

are spoiler tags really necessary for a Mortal Kombat sequel. 

Watched Leprechaun in the Hood and spoiler

it was awful 

10 hours ago, homerpat said:

are spoiler tags really necessary for a Mortal Kombat sequel. 

Watched Leprechaun in the Hood and spoiler

it was awful 

It's a movie

Finally got around to Creed 2. It was good but starting to feel paint by numbers at this point. 

Trolls too: World Tour - We've been putting it off, finally got around to renting it for the kids.  My recommendation, keep putting it off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/26/2020 at 4:24 PM, hputenis said:

I just saw Us for the 2nd time.  Can someone explain to me what the F happens?  I can't wrap my brain around whatever the plot is.  Does every single human being on the planet have an exact replica/clone that lives in the tunnels?  

Basically yes and the main character the girl with the family she is actually the clone her real self was taken into.the tunnels as a kid

• Like 2

Sad day 

3AC396A6-5EE0-4294-B8E5-4C243D44DEFB.png

It’s going to be rough for awhile with entertainment. One positive is with success of Trolls at home we may have better streaming options for new releases. 

10 hours ago, homerpat said:

It’s going to be rough for awhile with entertainment. One positive is with success of Trolls at home we may have better streaming options for new releases. 

Hopefully cheaper then 20 bucks to rent a movie that's nuts

11 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Hopefully cheaper then 20 bucks to rent a movie that's nuts

But still super cheap compared to going to a theater. Especially if you have a wife and kids to take. 

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

But still super cheap compared to going to a theater. Especially if you have a wife and kids to take. 

True but I'm not getting the movie experience for 6 dollars more then a ticket to a movie costs. I'll probably get one of them if something comes out worth paying that for. I'm the only one watching it so it's expensive to me lol

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

True but I'm not getting the movie experience for 6 dollars more then a ticket to a movie costs. I'll probably get one of them if something comes out worth paying that for. I'm the only one watching it so it's expensive to me lol

I hear you. I love the theater experience. Get my bunch a crunch from Walmart for a dollar instead of like $6 at the theater, get a large fountain drink at the theater and been getting the soft pretzels with cheese cause the movie times have been 11am. Oh yea I go by myself on a weekday, preferably a Wednesday. 

2 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

I hear you. I love the theater experience. Get my bunch a crunch from Walmart for a dollar instead of like $6 at the theater, get a large fountain drink at the theater and been getting the soft pretzels with cheese cause the movie times have been 11am. Oh yea I go by myself on a weekday, preferably a Wednesday. 

I'll grab a bag of twizzlers and then get nachos and a bucket of sprite at the theater lol. The one theater I used to go to had a great set up they had an Arby's when they had the 5/$5 roast beef and a Philly soft pretzel stand in the mall with it.

Middle of summer a bunch of friends and I would be walking in the theater with winter coats on in the summer stuffed with pretzels and roast beef sandwiches. You can eat that sheet at home but, that was so much more fun a lot of good memories. 

That theater was not doing to well last time I checked sadly it probably won't survive this. 

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2020 at 8:02 PM, Agent23 said:

Sad day 

3AC396A6-5EE0-4294-B8E5-4C243D44DEFB.png

Not surprised they are making a Saw spinoff

Hopefully John Wick 4 has more scenes of him being a badass than some co-star taking screen time

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Not surprised they are making a Saw spinoff

Hopefully John Wick 4 has more scenes of him being a badass than some co-star taking screen time

The Saw spin-off has Chris Rock and Sam Jackson in it :lol: