The Movie Thread

Agent23

On 5/2/2020 at 10:47 AM, homerpat said:

It’s going to be rough for awhile with entertainment. One positive is with success of Trolls at home we may have better streaming options for new releases. 

Universal says they're going to release more directly to streaming, but the theater owners are fighting it with everything they have.  Other studios will probably wait to see how that shakes out.

5 hours ago, Agent23 said:

The Saw spin-off has Chris Rock and Sam Jackson in it :lol:

Sounds like a spoof. Do not want to see

I definitely still enjoy the movie theater experience. The candy, the popcorn, the previews, idk there's just something to it. Even at the premium price, when its an exciting new movie its definitely a fun night out with some friends.

• Like 1

Re-watching Sinister on Netflix.  One of my favorite horror movies.  

Spoiler

When they show the deaths of all the families, that **** really creeps me out.  When that demon turns his head on the computer screen, I almost wet my pants.  

On 5/7/2020 at 8:42 PM, BirdsFanBill said:

I definitely still enjoy the movie theater experience. The candy, the popcorn, the previews, idk there's just something to it. Even at the premium price, when its an exciting new movie its definitely a fun night out with some friends.

Also, some movies are just better on the bigger screen. Dunkirk, Gravity, interstellar, inception, Dr. Strange, 1917. The effects, the cinematography is made better by the larger screen that allows a much more immersive experience.  Dr. Strange was great in theaters, but it becomes a middle of the pack MCU film at home where you can’t appreciate the effects. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

Also, some movies are just better on the bigger screen. Dunkirk, Gravity, interstellar, inception, Dr. Strange, 1917. The effects, the cinematography is made better by the larger screen that allows a much more immersive experience.  Dr. Strange was great in theaters, but it becomes a middle of the pack MCU film at home where you can’t appreciate the effects. 

I am not buying the movie theater is dead line at all.  People will flock right back to them once it is safe.  How many tickets does Star Wars sell despite not making a great film in over 30 years?  Yes some theaters will go bankrupt.  Yes drive ins are poised to make a comeback.  But this is something way more ingrained into the culture than cruise ships.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

I am not buying the movie theater is dead line at all.  People will flock right back to them once it is safe.  How many tickets does Star Wars sell despite not making a great film in over 30 years?  Yes some theaters will go bankrupt.  Yes drive ins are poised to make a comeback.  But this is something way more ingrained into the culture than cruise ships.

Agreed. Movies will absolutely make a comeback. It’ll take time, probably won’t fully ramp until after a vaccine is available.  Until then, theaters will probably need to go the 25-50% capacity route with enough time to disinfect and clean between showings.  But ultimately your only talking about a 2 hour experience so The risk, cost and reward are all more favorable. Cruises, however, won’t have that luxury, as you are stuck in confined setting for multiple days. 

Bad Boys 3

How the hell did this story make it through to the production? Damn that was crap.

Bad Boys 2>Bad Boys 1>Bad Boys 3

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Bad Boys 3

How the hell did this story make it through to the production? Damn that was crap.

Bad Boys 2>Bad Boys 1>Bad Boys 3

Agreed, I was excited for it to. I bought the digital right away then watched it..... Ugh what a sheet show

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Agreed, I was excited for it to. I bought the digital right away then watched it..... Ugh what a sheet show

I'm amazed it made the money it did. Also amazed about the reviews. I could definitely believe if someone said the reviews were bought

Re-watching "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood."  This movie is absolutely phenomenal.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I'm amazed it made the money it did. Also amazed about the reviews. I could definitely believe if someone said the reviews were bought

Well Will Smith is still a big draw. Especially when it's a return of one of his most popular roles. 

I'm a huge will Smith fan and like all his stuff and for me to say it was awful means something lol

Watched Yesterday on Sat...Was neat. Cool idea, Danny Boyle is great, I still think the Beatles are vastly overrated. Almost as much as Red Hot Chili Peppers.

1 hour ago, jrsu37 said:

Watched Yesterday on Sat...Was neat. Cool idea, Danny Boyle is great, I still think the Beatles are vastly overrated. Almost as much as Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I was unfortunate enough to watch them live a few years back.  Flea is fun to watch but it's a terrible band.

• Like 1

Hong Kong is using The Dark Knight trilogy to lure people back to the movies

Crazy how long it's been. Those are still one of the best comic book movie franchises IMO

On 5/10/2020 at 5:07 PM, hputenis said:

Re-watching Sinister on Netflix.  One of my favorite horror movies.  

Hide contents

When they show the deaths of all the families, that **** really creeps me out.  When that demon turns his head on the computer screen, I almost wet my pants.  

Def a solid underrated horror movie. If I recall, Sinister 2 was a disaster though. Think that was one of the handful of movies I turned off early on/halfway through.

Ethan Hawke was making the podcast rounds a few months back and he talked about Sinister on one of them, and how he never wanted to be in horror movies bc he thought they were corny/just didn't understand them.  Then did Sinister and it changed his whole perspective on horror. Wish I could recall what pod specifically it was, but it's def one of Conan, Bill Simmons, Michael Rosenbaum or Justin Long. 

• Like 1

I don't care if I have to wear a hazmat suit and sign a waiver to watch Dune in IMAX.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I don't care if I have to wear a hazmat suit and sign a waiver to watch Dune in IMAX.

F'in a bro...I've been following this one since inception. I don't know if I've ever been this excited in anticipation for a movie.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jrsu37 said:

F'in a bro...I've been following this one since inception. I don't know if I've ever been this excited in anticipation for a movie.

Imma say right now.  I don't think there has been a better actor in HISTORY to play Paul than Timothy Chalamet at the exact age he is now.  And I don't think there has been a better actress in HISTORY to play Chani than Zendaya at the exact age she is right now.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Imma say right now.  I don't think there has been a better actor in HISTORY to play Paul than Timothy Chalamet at the exact age he is now.  And I don't think there has been a better actress in HISTORY to play Chani than Zendaya at the exact age she is right now.  

Is this movie still on track to come out this year, or has it been delayed?  

Just now, hputenis said:

Is this movie still on track to come out this year, or has it been delayed?  

They delayed it...til Christmas!🤩

Everyone involved with this...Denis Villeneuve, Hans Zimmer doing the score, David Peterson from GOT doing the languages, the entire cast seems just, perfect. 

I don't see any possible way this movie isn't an all-time great. Now it may under perform at the box office due to it being long and artsy and deliberate, but it's going to be amazing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrsu37 said:

I never knew there was a previous until recently but you know I'm fully aware of what that cast and crew are up to!

I enjoy both of them so much that I'm probably in on anything they make regardless of the genre. 

• Like 2

finally watched joker...i think i was the last one.  anyway, it was well done, imo. joaquin phoenix is a talented actor & did a very good job.  dc movies are dark as hell...not that this one was a super hero movie...it wasn't.  but dc has a way of taking the fun out of comic book movies. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

finally watched joker...i think i was the last one.  anyway, it was well done, imo. joaquin phoenix is a talented actor & did a very good job.  dc movies are dark as hell...not that this one was a super hero movie...it wasn't.  but dc has a way of taking the fun out of comic book movies. 

I liked this movie more than most.  I would not wanna meet him in person after seeing this movie.  He played that role a little too well.