The Movie Thread

Agent23

17 minutes ago, hputenis said:
  Hide contents

When she gave that stupid monologue/speech about the tortoise and the rabbit, I wanted to lock her in the trunk and throw away the key.  

I was kind of thinking the same thing, but I guess I don't understand why.  The only violent/horror movies I want comedy in are either directed by Tarantino or star Bruce Campbell.  Despite all that and my spoiler, it was still a fun movie.  

That monologue speech was definitely effing stupid

About the only options we’ll have for a while, right? 

9 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I read that Jurassic Park was doing just as good now as it did when it was first released lol

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I read that Jurassic Park was doing just as good now as it did when it was first released lol

Are theaters open in some places already?!

12 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Poor Bloodshot being the only reason they have to say "some” instead of "all”

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Poor Bloodshot being the only reason they have to say "some” instead of "all”

Yea I have no idea why that's in that group

Rewatched "V for Vendetta" earlier for the first time in a while and holy hell is that movie relevant with everything that's going on right now. Must watch/re-watch. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

Rewatched "V for Vendetta" earlier for the first time in a while and holy hell is that movie relevant with everything that's going on right now. Must watch/re-watch. 

It's on Netflix now. Thought about re-watching it

24 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

It's on Netflix now. Thought about re-watching it

I felt like I was watching 2020 the movie. Great film. 

• Like 2

On 6/24/2020 at 1:39 AM, Agent23 said:

These are the movies that I can see in that pic that they're showing again here. 

Bloodshot - Still kinda tempted to see it but reviews are awful 

Dark Knight - Was thinking of seeing it but all sessions are early

Dark Knight Rises - Didn't like it the first time around 

Inside Out

I went and saw the original Ghostbusters tonight. I was -6 when that was released and I hadn't seen it since I was a kid so it was like watching a new old movie. The effects actually hold up pretty well which was surprising.

They're also showing Jumanji, Ford vs Ferrari, Knives Out, 1917, Jojo Rabbit, Bohemian Rhapsody, Bad Boys, Birds of Prey, Parasite, Sonic, Invisible Man, The Gentleman and 10 Things I Hate About You at the one I normally go to. Of that list I haven't seen Bohemian Rhapsody and Birds of Prey. I have 0 interest in Birds of Prey but might go watch Bohemian Rhapsody 

I just watched the bug scene from Peter Jackson's "King Kong" again.  If that scene doesn't scar you for life, you're either an entomologist or a serial killer.  There's no in between.  

• Like 2

Sisters Brothers bombed at the theater but I liked it.  Cowboy flick starring Joaquim Pheonix, Jake Gyllenhall, John C Reiley.

6 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Sisters Brothers bombed at the theater but I liked it.  Cowboy flick starring Joaquim Pheonix, Jake Gyllenhall, John C Reiley.

Was that the one with the alchemist ? Chickie & I saw it last year, was ok.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mat said:

These are the movies that I can see in that pic that they're showing again here. 

Bloodshot - Still kinda tempted to see it but reviews are awful 

Dark Knight - Was thinking of seeing it but all sessions are early

Dark Knight Rises - Didn't like it the first time around 

Inside Out

I went and saw the original Ghostbusters tonight. I was -6 when that was released and I hadn't seen it since I was a kid so it was like watching a new old movie. The effects actually hold up pretty well which was surprising.

They're also showing Jumanji, Ford vs Ferrari, Knives Out, 1917, Jojo Rabbit, Bohemian Rhapsody, Bad Boys, Birds of Prey, Parasite, Sonic, Invisible Man, The Gentleman and 10 Things I Hate About You at the one I normally go to. Of that list I haven't seen Bohemian Rhapsody and Birds of Prey. I have 0 interest in Birds of Prey but might go watch Bohemian Rhapsody 

I would probably hit up 10 Things to see if I could score some chicks! 

11 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I would probably hit up 10 Things to see if I could score some chicks! 

It doesn't matter, we're going into lockdown for 6 weeks again in 24 hours :lol:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I've never actually watched one of these, but I love these movies so much I thought I'd take a look.  That was hilarious.  🤣

3 minutes ago, hputenis said:

I've never actually watched one of these, but I love these movies so much I thought I'd take a look.  That was hilarious.  🤣

Most of them are really good.  

4 hours ago, hputenis said:

he's so good at this I started off with spawn (which I've have not seen & have no interest in seeing) and have been hooked ever since. a lot of his other short skits are hilarious too.

https://youtu.be/ki3AlTCwnI8

Edit: wrong series . Thought you were talking about Pitch Meeting..

5 hours ago, NOTW said:

This. I am in their nonexistent fan club. Was fun when they had Russo brothers in to watch winter soldier 

1 hour ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

he's so good at this I started off with spawn (which I've have not seen & have no interest in seeing) and have been hooked ever since. a lot of his other short skits are hilarious too.

https://youtu.be/ki3AlTCwnI8

Edit: wrong series . Thought you were talking about Pitch Meeting..

I like Pitch Meetings too.

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

I watch cinema sins where they point out every damn flaw and plot hole then instantly realize that every movie I've ever watched was crap lol.