The Movie Thread

Agent23

8 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I watch cinema sins where they point out every damn flaw and plot hole then instantly realize that every movie I've ever watched was crap lol. 

that's why i like Pitch Meeting and Everything good about series. Pitch Meeting points out fallacies in the movie making process but doesn't sound cynical, rather just some bad decision making. Everything Good About series is a guy that just loves movies and will find a silver lining somewhere in the film. 

10 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I watch cinema sins where they point out every damn flaw and plot hole then instantly realize that every movie I've ever watched was crap lol. 

they just did Shawshank :lol:

Only movie I've seen them start off with NEGATIVE five sins because its so damn good :roll: 

10 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Those get really, really nitpicky and too long.  

2 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

that's why i like Pitch Meeting and Everything good about series. Pitch Meeting points out fallacies in the movie making process but doesn't sound cynical, rather just some bad decision making. Everything Good About series is a guy that just loves movies and will find a silver lining somewhere in the film. 

The Game of Thrones season 8 pitch meeting was the first I saw and it absolutely nailed it.

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Those get really, really nitpicky and too long.  

The Game of Thrones season 8 pitch meeting was the first I saw and it absolutely nailed it.

They do but, I like to watch them for fun and see stuff that I may have missed. Sometimes they give sins to be funny too. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

they just did Shawshank :lol:

Only movie I've seen them start off with NEGATIVE five sins because its so damn good :roll: 

I love the guy that does them because he will most times admit to a movie being really good and just give sins for the hell of it lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Haters not hatters, and who are these mythical people you're arguing with?

There was some thread probably a solid 5+ years ago now where people were discussing best/most rewatchable comedies, and I listed WC, to which virtually every other board member basically said the film isn’t even deserving of like a top-50 comedies designation. I think Aftermath is the one who most regularly throws a random metion/jab to when they occurred. 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Is Bad Boys For Life worth renting? 

It’s a bit ridiculous at times, in the absurd versus the good way, but I found it very entertaining regardless and lots of humorous moments throughout. 

On 7/18/2020 at 2:45 PM, Agent23 said:

There was some thread probably a solid 5+ years ago now where people were discussing best/most rewatchable comedies, and I listed WC, to which virtually every other board member basically said the film isn’t even deserving of like a top-50 comedies designation. I think Aftermath is the one who most regularly throws a random metion/jab to when they occurred. 

super cool

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Wedding Crashers is great - some great quotes from that movie

thank you 

10 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Wedding Crashers is great - some great quotes from that movie

Vince was on his A game that movie.  Funny that at the time Bradley Cooper I had never heard of and he went on to become such a big star.  

Also Isla Fisher  :wub:

isla-fisher-the-wedding-crashers.jpg

• Like 3

I don’t know where else to post this but I just discovered Danny Trejo is only 5’6 and I’ll never be able to take him seriously now

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don’t know where else to post this but I just discovered Danny Trejo is only 5’6 and I’ll never be able to take him seriously now

you better, you turn into a midget if you get your ahz kicked by one. 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Vince was on his A game that movie.  Funny that at the time Bradley Cooper I had never heard of and he went on to become such a big star.  

Also Isla Fisher  :wub:

isla-fisher-the-wedding-crashers.jpg

Him wanting to showboat then getting smoked in football is great :lol: 

Was very underwhelmed by the Fire Saga preview, but wife wanted to watch. Way better than it deserved to be. Funny and relatively heartwarming. 

The Old Guard on Netflix isn't bad.  It copies from lots of movies and uses the John Wick gun-fu style but for a Netflix original it's entertaining.  It was better than the Chris Hemsworth hostage movie whatever that was called.

Plus the fat muggle kid from Harry Potter is grown up and thin and a villain in it. :lol:

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

The Old Guard on Netflix isn't bad.  It copies from lots of movies and uses the John Wick gun-fu style but for a Netflix original it's entertaining.  It was better than the Chris Hemsworth hostage movie whatever that was called.

Plus the fat muggle kid from Harry Potter is grown up and thin and a villain in it. :lol:

BLASPHEMY

(although i completely can't remember what it was called either)

On 7/18/2020 at 2:39 PM, NOTW said:

I love the bad boys movies and bought this immediately. It was ok but, definitely a cash grab type movie. Some parts were funny but, they rehash a bunch of the old jokes like all sequels do and get more lame when they show up in a 3rd film. 

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

I watched this last night I enjoyed it. I'm actually looking forward to the sequel

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I love the bad boys movies and bought this immediately. It was ok but, definitely a cash grab type movie. Some parts were funny but, they rehash a bunch of the old jokes like all sequels do and get more lame when they show up in a 3rd film. 

Part 2 was ok but Martin Lawrence was old and done then, I can't imagine now.  

23 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Part 2 was ok but Martin Lawrence was old and done then, I can't imagine now.  

More of the same. He doesn't want to do the cop thing anymore but then does anyways 

I re-watched Uncle Buck this morning.  I don't think that movie ever got enough credit.  It's absolutely hysterical.  Now I miss John Candy.  😪

On 7/18/2020 at 2:39 PM, NOTW said:

Trash

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

At Close Range.  

Penn, Penn, Walken.   Based on a true story about a gang in Lancaster in the 70’s.  Some might be familiar with the story.  Was all new to me.   Movie was good.  Penn and Walken were excellent, naturally.   Mary Stuart Masterson is in it as well.  Speaking of which, she has aged nicely.   

Never expected to see that in a sentence 😂   

Beers on Film on Twitter: "Oct 1...Happy Beer-thday #RandyQuaid ...