Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, jsb235 said:

A pretty good mock draft here.

2021 NFL mock draft: Eagles land a haul of good players | RSN (nbcsports.com)

Pitts, Stokes, Amari Rodgers and Jordan Smith (DE) are the first four picks, which all seem solid. Rodgers is a guy I like and Smith has really good bend, so he is a guy worth drafting in the third.

His fifth rounders seem unrealistic as I think they will be gone by that time. The rest seem fine. I like his developmental qb he takes in the sixth. KJ Costello had a big year at Stanford in 2018 before getting hurt the next season and then transferring to a system that didn't fit his style. He is clearly a guy worth taking a flyer on. 

I’d absolutely love if our draft turned out anything like that.  I’d have to wonder who locked Howie in the closet and made the picks.  

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Adoree signing with NY missed opportunity by the Eagles. 

Wasn’t trying to be a negative Nancy but I didn’t think he’d leave NY without a deal.  

Just now, time2rock said:

Wasn’t trying to be a negative Nancy but I didn’t think he’d leave NY without a deal.  

I was messing not to concerned with it sucks but is what it is. NY city alone is a great selling point to start with. And Adoree played the situation right set up the meeting with Philly you know that likely drove the price up

9 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I’d absolutely love if our draft turned out anything like that.  I’d have to wonder who locked Howie in the closet and made the picks.  

Me

I am hoping the Eagles target Kevin King, a corner from the Packers. He's big and was badly used last year in a single high safety defense that left him in man a lot. In our zone scheme that we will most likely run, he could have a big year, and we could throw a three year deal at him now and he would probably bite.

And there is always Rasul, who would also be perfect for our new scheme. But who knows if he wants to come back.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm fine with a pocket passer that can move around in the pocket. First we need a pocket lol

That was my point. There are Chase Young type freaks out there. Your QB better have some athletism.

12 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Similar to the mock I have been posting for 3 weeks now lol

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I had sparks when my tranny went out. The "sparks" were pine riding guys who hadn't played before in alot of spots, especially the tank game. When your QB sucks rocks,ANY new guy is a "spark"  SO Wentz was 3-8 and Hurts was 1-4,so percentage wise Wentz was better

Nobody asked about you and the tranny

6 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That was my point. There are Chase Young type freaks out there. Your QB better have some athletism.

IDK I look a the HOF'ers( Montana,Manning,Favre, Young etc). Mostly all are pocket passers. The life span of a running QB is quite a bit less. 

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sparks are sparks bud HAHAHA .Some sparks aren't so good

24 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

There are a bunch of women making accusations against him.

Guilty or not it makes him hard to pick up unless he's cleared.

He was naked getting a massage and his P touched her hand. That’s what I heard. Not sure that’s a lock you up for five years issue for a guy with a supreme lawyer.

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

IDK I look a the HOF'ers( Montana,Manning,Favre, Young etc). Mostly all are pocket passers. The life span of a running QB is quite a bit less. 

Sparks are sparks bud HAHAHA 

That was a different day. Nowadays too many absolute freak athletes playing on the Dline. Not to mention LBs.

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That was a different day. Nowadays too many absolute freak athletes playing on the Dline. Not to mention LBs.

SO there are no freak O line guys???? Pretty amazing. Call Sewell, tell him to quit because he is outclassed by the D line freaks

16 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I was messing not to concerned with it sucks but is what it is. NY city alone is a great selling point to start with. And Adoree played the situation right set up the meeting with Philly you know that likely drove the price up

That was my initial thought when it was announced he’d be visiting, that his agent did that only to put pressure on NY to not let him leave without a deal.  

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Tranny is a banned word now

12 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He was naked getting a massage and his P touched her hand. That’s what I heard. Not sure that’s a lock you up for five years issue for a guy with a supreme lawyer.

There are 6 or 7 accusers now

Rich young guys have to be careful

3 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

So what is it this week, transmissionite? 

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO there are no freak O line guys???? Pretty amazing. Call Sewell, tell him to quit because he is outclassed by the D line freaks

By Chase Young, Bosa and the like? He is!

5 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

He’s doing it with rich young guys now too...,what a perv

5 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Like the "anti asian" BS.  Know why? There are mostly asians at massage parlors. I had to go for my back/neck/shoulders (not for hoochie coochie) and the whole place was asians lol(because they are actually trained for this)

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

By Chase Young, Bosa and the like? He is!

He’s doing it with rich young guys now too...,what a perv

Well crap, lets just give up now. Call Wyatt and all those guys. Go get me Fran Tarkenton

40 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Like the "anti asian" BS.  Know why? There are mostly asians at massage parlors. I had to go for my back/neck/shoulders (not for hoochie coochie) and the whole place was asians lol(because they are actually trained for this)

It's ok if you admit it was a happy ending parlor LMAO

The heck with that operation though!

11 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

It's ok if you admit it was a happy ending parlor LMAO

The heck with that operation though!

Not my style bro

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Not my style bro

Me neither!!!

Just feeling extra jocular today.  Only slept 4 hr. 

9 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

And I’d say slay does have an impact again we can go round and round. I agree with the concept of BPA not sure what you don’t understand on that. But to say he doesn’t have an impact on your board is the biggest BS ever lmao. 
I think 1000000% there could and possibly will be a CB that is by far the highest rated guy for us possibly round 2 or 3 and we should go that route no effect but same principle as before two positions equally graded I give edge to the guy that can help me now.

Cant get any clearer than this I don’t think 

No I understand.  And in a normal year I an with you 100%  I am just looking at the current situation.   This draft to me ... all about finding players that can stick long term.   Slay, Graham, Harris, Brooks, McCloud... they don't impact my decisions at all if it's me.  But again, winning in 2021 is not on my list of concerns when I am drafting this year.  So I'm not looking at the 2021 roster other than the possibility of having young unknowns at each position.   

I know exactly what you are saying.   You can call BS if you like. I'm just giving you my thoughts at this exact time for this exact draft.  It's not how I would address it each year.  Just ths particular year.   The old dudes who I think have a good chance of not being here in 2022 or 2023... have zero effect if I were the one making the decision.  It's just my opinion, I already understood we disagree on this.  

I just hope we don't look back and say... " man we were thinking about drafting this 25 year old 3 time all pro, but we already had Harris, Slay, McCloud, Graham...etc. so we went elsewhere.     Like it's great that we decided not to resign Greg Jackson in 1996... if they were on the fence between Dawkins and some other dude, and the deciding factor was we needed a safety. I'd Iike to think that having Jackson one more year wouldn't have changed that pick. As I hope the same this particular year.  

9 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I’m not taking a guy I’d clearly rate higher and putting him lower on my list because of Slay or Harris or Brooks etc. But two guys EQUAL!!!!! I take the position I think helps the team more and those guys effect that 

example grades out of a 100(I’m pretty sure this isn’t how you grade players but oh well lol) 

S- got a 68

CB got a 68 

LB got a 68

They graded equally my final list LB is going above both CB and S(if we signed Jackson). Why LB has the best chance to help the team right away and be a future asset. 

Im not taking a S I have a 75 on and selecting a 68 grade LB just because of Harris or McLeod or Wallace etc. none of them effect my grade 

What makes a guy a 68 ?  His bench press, his height/ weight.  Did you interview him?  Did he take a test and score a 68?    Is that 68 a snapshot of exactly now?  Do you look at potential down the road, if so, how does that effect the player's grade?   How was Mailata graded?  Was it from doing drills?  Did his height automatically bump him 5 points in the grade?   What if a guy was low in bodyweight, but was a little younger and played at a small school without the best training facility?    Does a younger player automatically get extra points because he could potentially play longer and have more room to grow, both things that do not show up as a tangible thing that can be graded?   

This is what I am saying,  at the end, the 68 or 69 or 67 or whatever # you use... too many variables that could change.  Too many things that are different at each position.   You have to look at how you think this player can develop and the reasons why you think that.   At the end,it should come down to " I prefer having this guy on my team over that guy"    in the building,on the practice field, in the hotels ... representing my team.    In 2021 draft,  for a 4 win team, I hope older dudes on a 1 year deal don't effect this decision... due to something like " if this guy bench pressed 1 more rep he goes from 68 to 69.  Or if this guy had one more interception or TD in college he would have been a point higher.   Or if this guy was 6 months younger,  he would get an extra point.   Or if his shuttle time was 2 tenths of a second faster etc.  If that little stuff is the difference between a tenth of a point # grade and the reason a player is exactly the same grade as one in which we have an old dude on a one year deal... and that breaks the tie.  Idk if that leads to a successful system of selecting players.

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So see you ARE drafting for NOW,for the future lol

?????  

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO, if Moherig is at  37 and we needed another position filled you would take Moehrig over say a CB or LB that weighted out the same? I covered S for a year in FA, so now I can wait until later for a more developmental guy. It doesn't mean I gave up on the position does it?. So if you took Moehrig over another spot you need to fill, you need to be Howies right hand man. SO yeah,for me the S signings affected my draft because now if faced with 2 similars,I take the other one since S is not a need AT THIS MOMENT. That doesn't mean I don't pick up a later guy .If the "other guy" I chose pans out then I can look at adding a top S in the NEXT draft. it's a fluid process,but your FA's absolutely affect your draft board. If I had 3 guys ,a S, a CB and a WR at the same level,I put a line through S right now

Really... how long have we been on this board... do you think I know Moehrig? Really?  

Archived