***OFFICIAL 202(1) Olympics Thread***

Agent23

2 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

The best female gymnast in the world bravely overcomes her mental health issues to win bronze, while her chinese counterpart wins gold to avoid her family being banished into poverty

Didn't she also win bronze on the beam in Rio?  Beam isn't really her best event...

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

Didn't she also win bronze on the beam in Rio?  Beam isn't really her best event...

Oh interesting, yet she decided she could compete there but not in her best events

I remember when we used to celebrate athletic achievement and not feel good stories based on excuses

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

The best female gymnast in the world bravely overcomes her mental health issues to win bronze, while her chinese counterpart wins gold to avoid her family being banished into poverty

rooting for china over the united states of america isn't very patriotic, mike. 👎

• Like 1

Just now, mr_hunt said:

rooting for china over the united states of america isn't very patriotic, mike. 👎

I was rooting for Biles until she quit

Just thought it was interesting that her "twisties" were selective.   That excuse was the biggest crock of ish Ive ever heard

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Communists :nonono:

2 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

I was rooting for Biles until she quit

Just thought it was interesting that her "twisties" were selective.   That excuse was the biggest crock of ish Ive ever heard

i'd think the beam is the least dangerous of the exercises & maybe that's why she was okay with that event...but i'm not an expert. 

anyway, rooting for china over the united states is one way to go, i suppose. were you also happy when the u.s. women's soccer team lost?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine Caeleb Dressel just pulling into a flip turn and being like "nope" and getting out of the water and walking off while the other swimmers are finishing the race

All he'd have to say is "mental health" and all the pathetic non-sports fans would shower him with praise for his pretend victory

2 minutes ago, VanHammersly said:

Communists :nonono:

One thing we know about communists is how empathetic they are when their state-sponsored athletes fail.   No pressure at all there for the 16 year old girl who beat Biles.  Her family will now receive their month's rations

Just now, Mike31mt said:

Imagine Caeleb Dressel just pulling into a flip turn and being like "nope" and getting out of the water and walking off while the other swimmers are finishing the race

All he'd have to say is "mental health" and all the pathetic non-sports fans would shower him with praise for his pretend victory

One thing we know about communists is how empathetic they are when their state-sponsored athletes fail.   No pressure at all there for the 16 year old girl who beat Biles.  Her family will now receive their month's rations

Communists, Mike :nonono:

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

i'd think the beam is the least dangerous of the exercises & maybe that's why she was okay with that event...but i'm not an expert. 

anyway, rooting for china over the united states is one way to go, i suppose. were you also happy when the u.s. women's soccer team lost?  

When did I ever say Im rooting for China?

I always root for US.  It's just that I root for the athletes who are competing because Im an actual fan of sports and not a simp

West Virginia Mike was rooting for Biles until she faced some adversity.  Then he started rooting for the commies instead.

1 minute ago, Dave Moss said:

West Virginia Mike was rooting for Biles until she faced some adversity.  Then he started rooting for the commies instead.

200.gif.a2398c860daff8a8a6e8f60fb974cc08.gif

4 minutes ago, Mike31mt said:

When did I ever say Im rooting for China?

I always root for US.  It's just that I root for the athletes who are competing because Im an actual fan of sports and not a simp

5igzkh.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

She quit when she faced adversity.  She didnt give anyone the chance to root for her because she knew she could quit and get just as much applause

The Participation Trophy generation has come home to roost.  We're just here to have fun everyone!!

did mike just celebrate another gold medal for china?  

when did you decide to go full communist, mike?  when did that happen? 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mike31mt said:

Yaaay we participated!   

ca_raven_saunders.jpg

That's the women's shot put winners.  I know because my friend and I were going out and I stopped at her place while she had the Olympics on and this was the event that was being shown and at first (watching the Gold medal winner from China) I thought it was the men I was watching.  Total difference from the women's discus Gold medal winner.

As far as Biles goes, it seems like she just lost her ish and couldn't compete.  When athletes from other sports get the 'yips', like a hitter in MLB going through a long slump at the plate or getting "Steve Sax Syndrome" in the field, they don't get all this love from the media and the masses.  Or a FG kicker just seemingly forgetting how to kick between the posts (knock on wood for our guy).  An NHL goalie just being awful for a long stretch as another example.  These guys get booed and crucified, usually.  In these circumstances people usually don't want to hear about 'mental health' unless the player in question has suffered a known incident that would be a legit excuse for not having their head in the game.

Biles has been on the big stage before and performed at an elite level.  This wasn't her first time at the rodeo and she was heavily favoured to win Gold.  So what was different for her this time?  Did she just randomly lose it at the worst possible time or is there some other factor or influence that set it off?  This would be like Brady missing timing routes and hearing footsteps during the SB.  When's the last time you saw someone who is supposed to be the GOAT just lose it in the biggest moment?  Plenty of players have had off/bad games on the big stage.  This was more than just being off for Biles.  She either just totally collapsed or something the public doesn't know about affected her.

USA didn't even make the finals in the 4X100 relay

D7TF-Crouser.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&resize=1200%2C675

USA won Gold and Silver in the shot put

Carli Lloyd, Megan Rapinoe combine for four goals as USWNT wins Olympic bronze medal

AAMY3Cd.img?h=372&w=628&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=t

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Carli Lloyd, Megan Rapinoe combine for four goals as USWNT wins Olympic bronze medal

AAMY3Cd.img?h=372&w=628&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=t