***OFFICIAL 202(1) Olympics Thread***

Agent23

I know the women's soccer team had a 44-match loss the other day and men's basketball can't seem to beat scrub squads. There were a few softball games I saw flipping channels yesterday but it's been confusing to tell what is *actual* events and what is just the pretend events before the events. 

I am looking forward to Street Skateboarding which should be 7pm-12a Central time Saturday night. I am rooting Nyjah for gold and as much as there are other Americans on the squad, I wouldn't be upset if @Mat's boy Shane O'Neil gets on the podium. One of those most talented guys out there and his Achilles heel is going after the hardest ish no matter what. Dude could put up five 9.0s with ease and earn a podium spot but he'll lose attempting nothing by 9.3 or greater tricks every damn time.

Since I'm not overly confident in the non-Nyjah Americans, and I'm throwing support Shane's way, I'll go Manny Santiago for my third podium (Puerto Rico counts as America, right?) and if we have a bonus choice, I'd be okay with Yuto as the hometown competitor getting a medal. 

Opening ceremonies, all of the athletes are coming out, and standing in the stadium, waving to the crowd. There’s no crowd. None. Just different colored cardboard in the seats. Cardboard diversity ftw.

6 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I mean the Olympics don't go on that long so maybe they wanted to get it in while they're all together. 

I always watch the taekwondo matches.  Having been a competitor for 20 something years and having trained with the Olympic team in my younger days when I was trying to make it there, I love watching it.  The sport has changed a bit with scoring.  I think the fighters of my generation would wipe the floor with these guys and gals.  😂 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DBW said:

I always watch the taekwondo matches.  Having been a competitor for 20 something years and having trained with the Olympic team in my younger days when I was trying to make it there, I love watching it.  The sport has changed a bit with scoring.  I think the fighters of my generation would wipe the floor with these guys and gals.  😂 

Maybe you can make your return! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Maybe you can make your return! 

The mind says yes the body says F off! 😂 

30 minutes ago, DBW said:

This can’t be real 😂 

It's Tim, who is a comedian 

My preferences for finals 

1 Nyjah 

2 Jagger

3 Kelvin

4 Yuto

I'm watching the skateboarding, and every skateboarder has airpods in as they compete.  Are these guys really listening to music as they compete?

Just now, xzmattzx said:

I'm watching the skateboarding, and every skateboarder has airpods in as they compete.  Are these guys really listening to music as they compete?

Yah bruh this normal lmao. 

Wasn’t expecting Nyjah to have 4 straight bails (he’s one of the world’s most consistent as well as best under pressure) but I got the other 3 podium finishers all correct 

On 7/25/2021 at 12:39 AM, xzmattzx said:

The best was when the skater from Puerto Rico busted, and his cell phone flew out of his pocket.  Just figured that they could leave their cell phone in their bag when they were competing in the Olympics but, whatever they're comfortable with.

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

The best was when the skater from Puerto Rico busted, and his cell phone flew out of his pocket.  Just figured that they could leave their cell phone in their bag when they were competing in the Olympics but, whatever they're comfortable with.

Sometimes you need to have the right track on to fling yourself down a 10ft drop onto cement at 20mph :lol:

Are there rules against that?  Can a coach call them up on the phone and give reminders as they are competing?

I mentioned elsewhere for people to watch Lydia Jacoby, who won the gold medal in the 100 breast.

There are two other high schoolers on Team USA in swimming.  Claire Curzan is also 17, and competed in the 100 fly, and Katie Grimes is 15, and competing in the 800 free.  Grimes has to go up against Ledecky, but Jacoby had to go up against King, so who knows what happens.

Simone Biles OUT of team gymnastics competition due to a medical issue. She will be evaluated day-by-day

I can't speculate the cause. It doesn't seem like anyone is openly explaining what the injury/medical situation is.

1 hour ago, toolg said:

Simone Biles OUT of team gymnastics competition due to a medical issue. She will be evaluated day-by-day

I can't speculate the cause. It doesn't seem like anyone is openly explaining what the injury/medical situation is.

us women had to settle for the silver after biles dropped out.