Rethinking Eagles win total?

Hawkeye

We won 4 in an absolute train wreck from top to bottom and the supposed franchise QB was basically the worst QB in the league..  So that tells some of you that this team is still no better then that? That being said I'll go 7-10

• Like 2

5 or 6 my guess that was my thought back in may and hasn’t changed. 

• Like 1

1st team 11-6

Not 1st team 0-17

Combined 4-13

Like what I've seen of the starters just don't trust the depth.

12 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

We won 4 in an absolute train wreck from top to bottom and the supposed franchise QB was basically the worst QB in the league..  So that tells some of you that this team is still no better then that? That being said I'll go 7-10

Kinda the same line of thought that led me to 7-10 as well.  So hard to make any kind of prediction considering all new coaching staff implementing new schemes on both sides, basically a completely unproven/unknown starting QB, and then of course have to factor in injuries (considering we were bitten so hard past few seasons ... will that be any better this year under the new staff ... no way to tell).  

23 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

They won all their joint practices, that has to be something, right?

Siriani values the joint practices a lot more than the preseason games - the starters are resting tonight - so yeah. 

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Siriani values the joint practices a lot more than the preseason games - the starters are resting tonight - so yeah. 

I don't put this on Sirianni at all.  This is an 'organizational' decision and goes back well beyond Sirianni.

14 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They’re also under an entirely new coaching staff with completely new schemes to implement. Even if the coaches ultimately end up being successful, it takes time to implement new schemes. 

1 hour ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I don't put this on Sirianni at all.  This is an 'organizational' decision and goes back well beyond Sirianni.

Well Howie is pulling the strings, as always.  But I don't disagree with the premise that they get more out of those tough, physical but controlled joint practice sessions than they do over a practice game.  One of the advantages is they can work in more of their schemes.  Other teams don't get the video of joint practices but they do see the preseason games, which is why most teams don't do anything.

7 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Well Howie is pulling the strings, as always.  But I don't disagree with the premise that they get more out of those tough, physical but controlled joint practice sessions than they do over a practice game.  One of the advantages is they can work in more of their schemes.  Other teams don't get the video of joint practices but they do see the preseason games, which is why most teams don't do anything.

There's a difference between 'not doing anything' in terms of scheming, and not participating, in terms of just taking the night off.   Just a wasted opportunity for young players to get reps and season themselves.

And frankly, how long does the impact of not showing anything in preseason really last?  2 weeks, 4 weeks?   Maybe 6?   Inconsequential to a team trying to redefine themselves and develop the next core.

Our offensive line is good. RBs are good. WRs are decent with Smith in the line up. Hurts is much more decisive than Wentz and he is proving that he can manage the Game. Gannon will be creative and although I have some concerns about the defense, I do not see Why we should be worse than average. New system doesn't mean that we will stink! Just the opposite, opposing coaches will have less tape on us. That said .. I am thinking 8-9. Most likely we will start slowly but pick up some wins after the first several games. Over as far as Vegas is concerned.

4 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

There's a difference between 'not doing anything' in terms of scheming, and not participating, in terms of just taking the night off.   Just a wasted opportunity for young players to get reps and season themselves.

And frankly, how long does the impact of not showing anything in preseason really last?  2 weeks, 4 weeks?   Maybe 6?   Inconsequential to a team trying to redefine themselves and develop the next core.

At the end of the day they’re keeping their starters bubble wrapped until the regular season.  Everyone’s healthy. Howie wants to keep it that way even though that means fewer  reps. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

At the end of the day they’re keeping their starters bubble wrapped until the regular season.  Everyone’s healthy. Howie wants to keep it that way even though that means fewer  reps. 

Yep.  The starters should be good to go for Week 1.  Then the regular season comes and we have to hope that the limited reps don't have a lingering impact.  But, for me, I just want to see development of the young players, and every rep is gold.

Lot’s of variables. I feel like I’d have a better read on this tram if I got to see them play.

Under. All day. This is going to be a long season. But if we are going to suck, suck hard. 6 to 7 is worst case scenario. Not enough for playoffs and to high for a really high draft pick. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Lot’s of variables. I feel like I’d have a better read on this tram if I got to see them play.

I'll take the under. Young team, young QB, young HC and DC. And if they suffer injuries above the norm then they don't have a lot of depth. I still think there can be positives to come out of the year but I don't see a lot of wins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'll take the under. Young team, young QB, young HC and DC. And if they suffer injuries above the norm then they don't have a lot of depth. I still think there can be positives to come out of the year but I don't see a lot of wins.

In 2016 Eagles did 7-9, And I don't think that our team is much worse than 2016. If Vegas gives 6.5.. I would take the over. 🙂

42 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

In 2016 Eagles did 7-9, And I don't think that our team is much worse than 2016. If Vegas gives 6.5.. I would take the over. 🙂

I think overall it probably is slightly worse. HC situation is similar I guess, QB situation is similar (though I think there were high hopes for Wentz given where he was drafted etc). But the rest of the team? Not so sure. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think overall it probably is slightly worse. HC situation is similar I guess, QB situation is similar (though I think there were high hopes for Wentz given where he was drafted etc). But the rest of the team? Not so sure. 

We will see. Looking forward to the upcoming 2021 season.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 10:31 AM, Hawkeye said:

I just think they could finish 7-10 or 8-9 and contend in this semi-pro division. 

The division is much better. The Giants are improving and have Barkley back. Dallas has Dak back and Fitzmagic will help WFT. We might only win 1, maybe 2 games in the division. 

24 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

The division is much better. The Giants are improving and have Barkley back. Dallas has Dak back and Fitzmagic will help WFT. We might only win 1, maybe 2 games in the division. 

And yet all 3 teams still suck with or without those players. 

7 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

We will see. Looking forward to the upcoming 2021 season.

I'm looking forward to it with zero expectations. I just want to enjoy the year and see what happens. 

• Like 1

Well I had them all off-season at 7 wins.

Now that they added Minshew … I have them at 7.