Rethinking Eagles win total?

Hawkeye

I'm taking the over at 7 wins. Hopefully the Eagles do better but I don't expect much this season.

7-10 for me.   They will be better, but so will the NFC East.    Dallas is loaded on paper (yet to prove it).   Washington will be better with Fitz and that defense.    I think the Giants will struggle along with us at the bottom.

10 minutes ago, Pliny said:

7-10 for me.   They will be better, but so will the NFC East.    Dallas is loaded on paper (yet to prove it).   Washington will be better with Fitz and that defense.    I think the Giants will struggle along with us at the bottom.

Dallas is loaded but a lot may be determined by how healthy Dak is. 

57 minutes ago, Pliny said:

They are loaded at receiver, Zeke and the Oline isn't what they used to be and we don't know what Dak will be coming off of injury. Their defense is still horrible minus the linebackers. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They are loaded at receiver, Zeke and the Oline isn't what they used to be and we don't know what Dak will be coming off of injury. Their defense is still horrible minus the linebackers. 

I agree that their OLine will take a small step back for them this year.   Like the Eagles, they have a lot of older guys up front that are injury prone.   And, Zeke is slowing down. Pollard is pretty dangerous though and scares me more than Zeke now.   The TE Jarwin is pretty good.  He was out last year also.  The offense is going to be hard to stop if Dak regains his form.

On D, getting Dan Quinn to run things should help.    And yeah, they are loaded at LB.     Lawrence and Gregory are pretty damn good DE (Gregory has his head straight these days).  They appear weak at DT and that secondary is really a question mark.    I Think that Diggs can be a pretty good CB.   With those DE and LB's, Quinn should be able to generate some pressure.  I think their D will be much better this season.   If they can be middle of the road, they are a playoff team IMO.    I really HATE saying that.

5 minutes ago, Pliny said:

If they can be middle of the road, they are a playoff team IMO.    I really HATE saying that

So do I that's why I don't and I down play their stupid team lol. However, until they actually do something with this so called loaded team I will continue to say they suck lol. 

Eagles start 3-0.

Win the division at 10-7.

Giants fans find a reason to cry about not making the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Pliny said:

I agree that their OLine will take a small step back for them this year.   Like the Eagles, they have a lot of older guys up front that are injury prone.   And, Zeke is slowing down. Pollard is pretty dangerous though and scares me more than Zeke now.   The TE Jarwin is pretty good.  He was out last year also.  The offense is going to be hard to stop if Dak regains his form.

On D, getting Dan Quinn to run things should help.    And yeah, they are loaded at LB.     Lawrence and Gregory are pretty damn good DE (Gregory has his head straight these days).  They appear weak at DT and that secondary is really a question mark.    I Think that Diggs can be a pretty good CB.   With those DE and LB's, Quinn should be able to generate some pressure.  I think their D will be much better this season.   If they can be middle of the road, they are a playoff team IMO.    I really HATE saying that.

If their Oline and Dak can stay healthy, their offense should be a beast. Their defense should also play better. LBs obviously their strongest/deepest position on defense, but their CBs should be better than last year. I think their areas of strength can do just enough to keep them in games while their offense wins games.

"The good news is that when he’s on the field, (Tyron) Smith is still a solid option, grading between 76.0 and 82.0 in his past three full seasons, it’s just a matter of staying healthy, as he hasn’t played a full campaign since 2015. ... On the right side, La'el Collins returns after missing all of 2020 due to hip surgery. Collins broke out with an 86.4 overall grade in 2019, the fifth-best mark among tackles. ... Zack Martin is as good as it gets at right guard ... Left guard Connor Williams finished with the No. 17 grade among guards last season ... The biggest question mark on Dallas' offensive line outside of health is at center, where the team has struggled ...''

I think the Giants will be better. Oline should be improved which will help Jones. Not to mention the improved WRs and Barkley coming back healthy. Defensively, they have some of the best CBs in the division. But I'm not sure if they can get pressure from the outside.

WFT has the strongest overall defense in the East, and I think Fitz has enough magic to help them fight off Dallas for the title. They have some good young talent at the skill positions and have a good Oline. I think they repeat as NFC east champs.

17 hours ago, kentwo said:

If their Oline and Dak can stay healthy, their offense should be a beast. Their defense should also play better. LBs obviously their strongest/deepest position on defense, but their CBs should be better than last year. I think their areas of strength can do just enough to keep them in games while their offense wins games.

"The good news is that when he’s on the field, (Tyron) Smith is still a solid option, grading between 76.0 and 82.0 in his past three full seasons, it’s just a matter of staying healthy, as he hasn’t played a full campaign since 2015. ... On the right side, La'el Collins returns after missing all of 2020 due to hip surgery. Collins broke out with an 86.4 overall grade in 2019, the fifth-best mark among tackles. ... Zack Martin is as good as it gets at right guard ... Left guard Connor Williams finished with the No. 17 grade among guards last season ... The biggest question mark on Dallas' offensive line outside of health is at center, where the team has struggled ...''

I think the Giants will be better. Oline should be improved which will help Jones. Not to mention the improved WRs and Barkley coming back healthy. Defensively, they have some of the best CBs in the division. But I'm not sure if they can get pressure from the outside.

WFT has the strongest overall defense in the East, and I think Fitz has enough magic to help them fight off Dallas for the title. They have some good young talent at the skill positions and have a good Oline. I think they repeat as NFC east champs.

I am still not sold on the Giants OL and Daniel Jones.   Personally, I think the Giants will be in the market for another QB after this season.

3.. 5 at best. This roster is lacking talent and while you can't read much into the preseason, the team looked sloppy when trying to execute basic fundamentals. I hope I'm wrong, but I think this Eagles season is going to be historically bad. 

I don't think anybody can figure out what the eagles will look like due to so many changes.......Wentz/Pederson/Schwartz gone and Hurts/Sirianni/Gannon here......not to mention the guys coming back from injury, mailata's development, the young LBs and the signings of Anthony Harris and Steven Nelson.  

Mailata, Dickerson/Seumalo, Kelce, Brooks and Johnson is a monster offensive line......IF they stay healthy.

Nobody knows how fast the offense comes together in Sirianni's scheme.....or if Hurts can play at a high level. But they have increased speed and talent at the skill positions.

The defensive line looks like a monster and they added talent at LB and solidified the defensive backfield.  

That kind of uncertainty always lead to low win totals......so many things have to jell and develop at game speed,......usually it takes 6-8 games for these kinds of changes to really start to show production and consistency.

However.....momentum can create confidence and make the adjustment faster.  If the eagles can come out of the gate and win, say, the first 3 games including at Dallas, the confidence will be sky high......

I think the defense will be better than anybody expects and creates the attitude this team will need.  

But, as always, injuries could derail any progress the eagles have made......

The Atlanta game could be a really big indicator of just how the eagles season will go.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gannan said:

3.. 5 at best. This roster is lacking talent and while you can't read much into the preseason, the team looked sloppy when trying to execute basic fundamentals. I hope I'm wrong, but I think this Eagles season is going to be historically bad. 

Maybe but I don't take anything away from the preseason games.  Hurts got what, 7 attempts?  The rest of the starters, if they played at all, got maybe a dozen snaps.  This team is really a mystery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

Maybe but I don't take anything away from the preseason games.  Hurts got what, 7 attempts?  The rest of the starters, if they played at all, got maybe a dozen snaps.  This team is really a mystery. 

The starters will probably be ok. They have nothing behind them. Like every year, there will be a lot of injuries. We are all going to cringe when the backup o lineman have to play. 

Per the Inquirer's David Murphy: Tony Romo of all people thinks the Eagles could be a 10 or 11 win team this year.

"I think the Eagles are going to be a surprise team,” the former Cowboys quarterback and current CBS analyst said in a conference call last week. "If you go in and think they’re really not ready, they could shock a lot of people and go 10-6 or 11-5 very quickly.”

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/eagles-surprise-team-2021-season-outlook-tony-romo-jalen-hurts-20210908.html

• Like 1

7-10 wins is possible, so is 5 or 6, but given the upgrade in talent on the roster, and the removal of a HC who plays a player like Peters over a Mailata or a Alshon over anyone else, the new coach will play who deserves to play,  that alone should be worth a game or two. So I'll take the over and go with 7-10 wins. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2021 at 10:17 AM, Robj80 said:

I have the same prediction every year but this year I'm finally going to change it. Instead of 16-0 I'm going 17-0 this year. 

Cool I live in the real world, though. 

They’re an overall below average team, but they play in a below average division and are playing an easier schedule. Most of their tougher games are at home, and basically late in the season they don’t even have to get on a plane. Still this all will come down to the coach and quarterback. 

I had them at 6 before the offseason, now that we have got through the offseason with none of the starting OL injured I'll say 7 lol

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

That's a book of jokes, right? (Kidding)

get on board brother!!!! 11 wins here we come!!!!

Gainwell 600+ yrds receiving out of the backfield. 1000+ from scrimmage.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MeccaDon123 said:

get on board brother!!!! 11 wins here we come!!!!

Gainwell 600+ yrds receiving out of the backfield. 1000+ from scrimmage.

I hope you are way right and i am way wrong! 👍🏻

• Like 1

So, anybody want to take the over now?  Falcons probably aren’t very good but Hurts showed he can pass somewhat.  That’s a good sign.

9 minutes ago, Miami said:

So, anybody want to take the over now?  Falcons probably aren’t very good but Hurts showed he can pass somewhat.  That’s a good sign.

I think this team can finish with a winning record but I've said they could all off season. I'm not ready to get carried away after one week but I do think this team is going to be better than a lot of the league think they are going to be. This team has some talent and yet people are overlooking that. 

• Like 1