Rethinking Eagles win total?

Hawkeye

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Absolutely! If either of those drives end in TDs then things could have been different. Of course that's all what ifs and who really knows but yeah I agree bud. Thankfully it went out way and from there on it was just utter dominance. What I like is that he's happy to give to some yards to the run to protect the over the top stuff. 

what's the fastest way to get to Sunday?? start drinking now?? oh I already did... maybe Quaaludes? are those still a thing?

On 9/14/2021 at 6:15 AM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

No change from me.  I still see the Eagles as a 6 win team...maybe 7, if they stay healthy.

Last week, I held firm at 6, but I think that looks like a stretch now.  This is not a good team.

7 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Last week, I held firm at 6, but I think that looks like a stretch now.  This is not a good team.

I'm holding at 7

On 9/12/2021 at 5:39 PM, NOTW said:

I'm gonna make a bold prediction. 

They will win at least 1 game. Book it!

I still stand by this. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eaglegenius said:

5 tough games coming up. Doesn't look promising...

True.  Rough stretch.  But today was winnable.  Made a few mistakes and our play calling could have been a little better too.  Still think .500 is doable.

I have them at 7 and 10 like I did before the season started. I believe they will be an improved team, as they appear to be showing, but their schedule is brutal and they’re simply not ready at this stage of the rebuild. 
They have some nice young talent and a young coaching staff who’ll shine at times, but they will also show their inexperience other times. This is a 2 to 3 year project, but it’s cool watching this team grow and get better even though we aren’t there yet. 

4 hours ago, Southparkeagles said:

I have them at 7 and 10 like I did before the season started. I believe they will be an improved team, as they appear to be showing, but their schedule is brutal and they’re simply not ready at this stage of the rebuild. 
They have some nice young talent and a young coaching staff who’ll shine at times, but they will also show their inexperience other times. This is a 2 to 3 year project, but it’s cool watching this team grow and get better even though we aren’t there yet. 

Thing is... I agree I think this team is between 7 and 9 wins. After last week I was very much in the higher side, after yesterday I'm back to the lower side and I expect this is going to go back and forth all year. But if we have such a tough schedule then I'm not sure how we get to 7 wins?

I'm not saying next week is make or break but... If they lose next week and then lose to KC we are 1-3 in blink of an eye. Then they face Carolina before facing Tampa. That could easily become 1-5! At that point things likely start to unravel. They've got to win next week. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Think 6 will be about right and it could be 7 with the Chargers. Can't pick that one yet.

Cowboys L

Chiefs L

Panthers L

Bucs L

Raiders L

Lions W

Chargers ?

Broncos W

Saints L

NYG W

Jets W

WFT L

NYG L

WFT W

Cowboys L

Gets them a crappy draft pick in the 11-13 range. If they do lose the next 5 I hope they lose out and get a top 3 pick. They need a real QB.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Miami said:

True.  Rough stretch.  But today was winnable.  Made a few mistakes and our play calling could have been a little better too.  Still think .500 is doable.

Who are they going to tie? 

5 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Who are they going to tie? 

I’ll say both NYG, one of WFT and DAL, and Lions and Broncos.  That’s seven so we need at least one of the rest.  A little weird this year since there are 17 games.

Will also say that Siri had a bad game this week and will learn from his mistakes.  Next time he will make better decisions and give Hurts more of the playbook to work with.  Gave SF too much respect defensively and it cost him.

1 hour ago, Miami said:

I’ll say both NYG, one of WFT and DAL, and Lions and Broncos.  That’s seven so we need at least one of the rest.  A little weird this year since there are 17 games.

Will also say that Siri had a bad game this week and will learn from his mistakes.  Next time he will make better decisions and give Hurts more of the playbook to work with.  Gave SF too much respect defensively and it cost him.

Yes, Siri knew it. He didn't make excuses. He stood by some of his decisions but, also acknowledged that some of his calls were bad. Sign of a guy that got humbled from last week's high and knows he has to get back to work. 

After the next 5 tough games are 10 that are potentially winnable. Hope lives.

Sirianni has coached one good game and one that raises questions. Like who uses up all their time-outs 4 minutes into the 3rd qtr?
And is he channeling Doug? Enough with going on 4th unless it's crucial or a gimme against a weak team. Going on 4th and 3 mid-field
against a good defense is like poking a finger in the mouth of a bear. And the Philly Special? Did Doug leave his playbook behind?

Let's hope Sirianni's as smart as we all hope he is, and willing to burn the midnight oil to get it done.

• 2 months later...

60 days later...

Over 6.5 wins looks like a solid play.  5 in hand with 6 to play: home and away against the Giants and WFT,  up the turnpike to play the Jets (which will be overrun with Eagles fans and is practically a home game) and the home season ender vs. Dallas.  The Eagles will be favorites in at least 5 of those - they're 3/3.5 point favorites over the Giants already. If they continue to play the way they are they could win 9-10 games this season. Big "if" but with their schedule you could make the case. 

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

60 days later...

Over 6.5 wins looks like a solid play.  5 in hand with 6 to play: home and away against the Giants and WFT,  up the turnpike to play the Jets (which will be overrun with Eagles fans and is practically a home game) and the home season ender vs. Dallas.  The Eagles will be favorites in at least 5 of those - they're 3/3.5 point favorites over the Giants already. If they continue to play the way they are they could win 9-10 games this season. Big "if" but with their schedule you could make the case. 

I had 7 wins but now seems like a pretty safe bet we will surpass that.  We are riding a hot streak behind the league's 2nd best rushing offense (behind only Cleveland) and do not need to board a plane for the remainder of the season for away games.  On top of that we have the easiest SOS of all 32 teams to close out the season.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I had 7 wins but now seems like a pretty safe bet we will surpass that.  We are riding a hot streak behind the league's 2nd best rushing offense (behind only Cleveland) and do not need to board a plane for the remainder of the season for away games.  On top of that we have the easiest SOS of all 32 teams to close out the season.  

If they keep playing like this they'll go on the road for the playoffs.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

If they keep playing like this they'll go on the road for the playoffs.  

True.  I should have stated, " ... for the remainder of the regular season".  

But still not counting any chickens ...

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

True.  I should have stated, " ... for the remainder of the regular season".  

But still not counting any chickens ...

Well who knows. There is still time for the annual Cowboy implosion. They do have a terrible coach..

On 9/12/2021 at 5:39 PM, NOTW said:

I'm gonna make a bold prediction. 

They will win at least 1 game. Book it!

The team has really shown me something lately.  I can now confidently update my prediction that they will win at least 5 games.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The team has really shown me something lately.  I can now confidently update my prediction that they will win at least 5 games.  

Oh come on now... You can do better than that I know you can. Go on predict 6! Go on do it.