Rethinking Eagles win total?

Hawkeye

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think this team can finish with a winning record but I've said they could all off season. I'm not ready to get carried away after one week but I do think this team is going to be better than a lot of the league think they are going to be. This team has some talent and yet people are overlooking that. 

If the Eagles play like this, going to be a fun season.  Hurts hopefully will develop as a passer (already an elite runner) and Siri can keep mixing up the plays.  That was a sweet play to Reagor.  

7 hours ago, Miami said:

If the Eagles play like this, going to be a fun season.  Hurts hopefully will develop as a passer (already an elite runner) and Siri can keep mixing up the plays.  That was a sweet play to Reagor.  

Yeah I think so. There's going to be growing pains that's inevitable and there's going to be difficult weeks but yesterday was a very good start. 

20 hours ago, Talonblood said:

I went from 6 to 8 for now. But it was only Atlanta, so....

In the grand scheme of it many people kind of expected this one to be a win, but I don’t think anyone realistically expected the team to play as well as they did. Even with that there was a lot of mistakes they made too which means they have the potential to be even better. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

In the grand scheme of it many people kind of expected this one to be a win, but I don’t think anyone realistically expected the team to play as well as they did. Even with that there was a lot of mistakes they made too which means they have the potential to be even better. 

And that's it. I think we knew the Falcons weren't very good. I think we knew that we could absolutely win but that it may be a tight game between two teams who aren't very good. What we actually got was one team who were, as expected, not very good and one team who looked really good on the day. It wasn't just about the W, it was about how they performed. 

• Like 1

No change from me.  I still see the Eagles as a 6 win team...maybe 7, if they stay healthy.

9 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

No change from me.  I still see the Eagles as a 6 win team...maybe 7, if they stay healthy.

Yeah I still think their range is between 6 and 10 wins. If things go well they could get to 10. After week one I certainly have a little bit more belief that they can get there but that's still their range to me. 

On 9/14/2021 at 5:29 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And that's it. I think we knew the Falcons weren't very good. I think we knew that we could absolutely win but that it may be a tight game between two teams who aren't very good. What we actually got was one team who were, as expected, not very good and one team who looked really good on the day. It wasn't just about the W, it was about how they performed. 

the last couple of years, aside from the injuries, the coaching staff was a big reason the team was in decline. really no ingenuity in the game planning or play calling. Really since Frank Reich left. In comes a coach who worked under Reich and look what you saw on Sunday. great game plan, great in-game adjustments, catering the scheme to the strengths of his players, which is so refreshing after the last few years or Doug with his head buried in a chart calling games that seemed to have no rhyme or reason offensively. No reason this team can't compete and win this division. Solid all over the offense ( OL, TE's, WR's, backs). Defense solid if not spectacular. the whole thing hinges on Hurts and the coaching staff and they aquitted themselves quite well in week one, regardles of the opponent. 

On 9/14/2021 at 10:12 AM, birdman#12 said:

10-7

As long as they stay healthy.....

that's my number after looking at the schedule again. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Moe Greene said:

the whole thing hinges on Hurts and the coaching staff and they aquitted themselves quite well in week one, regardles of the opponent. 

And that's why I'm not ready to say this team can contend. Because that's 2 big ifs despite what they did in Week one. I'm not saying they can't contend to win the division and go to the play offs but it all hinges on 2 big ifs.

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And that's why I'm not ready to say this team can contend. Because that's 2 big ifs despite what they did in Week one. I'm not saying they can't contend to win the division and go to the play offs but it all hinges on 2 big ifs.

Agreed. I just felt like it was so different than the last few years. I felt like i was watching a game plan that made sense. Sirianni was in complete control and adjusted as the game went on. I think that will carry over. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moe Greene said:

Agreed. I just felt like it was so different than the last few years. I felt like i was watching a game plan that made sense. Sirianni was in complete control and adjusted as the game went on. I think that will carry over. 

There didn't seem to be to many calls where I was like what the hell is this guy doing? Where with Doug we were doing that weekly and once a quarter 3-4 years into his career. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Moe Greene said:

Oh I 100% agree with you. They came out with a game plan and they executed it on offense. On defense their game plan didn't completely work at first but they turned it around after 2 drives. That was impressive too.

11 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I 100% agree with you. They came out with a game plan and they executed it on offense. On defense their game plan didn't completely work at first but they turned it around after 2 drives. That was impressive too.

Even though they got ran on in the first 2 drives that doesn't mean that the defensive game plan didn't work. They still stopped them from getting into the end zone that is the defense working. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Even though they got ran on in the first 2 drives that doesn't mean that the defensive game plan didn't work. They still stopped them from getting into the end zone that is the defense working. 

I mean yes sure... They didn't give up a TD so yes technically their game plan worked. But they then made tweaks to also stuff the run and after that played lights out. So clearly Gannon wasn't completely satisfied.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean yes sure... They didn't give up a TD so yes technically their game plan worked. But they then made tweaks to also stuff the run and after that played lights out. So clearly Gannon wasn't completely satisfied.

Well yeah I know. I'm just saying they made some adjustments. I doubt he just took his game plan and threw it out the window over 2 drives that still ended in a stop. Of course the whole plan isn't going to work throughout the entire game 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Well yeah I know. I'm just saying they made some adjustments. I doubt he just took his game plan and threw it out the window over 2 drives that still ended in a stop. Of course the whole plan isn't going to work throughout the entire game 

I'm not trying to suggest he did throw his entire game plan out the window. I'm just giving him praise for adjusting after two drives that could be considered as not the best in terms of what they gave up in yards.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not trying to suggest he did throw his entire game plan out the window. I'm just giving him praise for adjusting after two drives that could be considered as not the best in terms of what they gave up in yards.

Agreed, don't get me wrong I was like damn this isn't going well after that first drive... Then the second drive happened and got the stop again. I was actually saying, ok we're fine this guy will figure it out

• Like 1

Agreed, don't get me wrong I was like damn this isn't going well after that first drive... Then the second drive happened and got the stop again. I was actually saying, ok we're fine this guy will figure it out

I mean yeah absolutely they did well to hold the Falcons to just 2 FGs on those first 2 drives. I just love that Gannon then made a tweak and then it was lights out. To me that's the sign of a really good coach. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean yeah absolutely they did well to hold the Falcons to just 2 FGs on those first 2 drives. I just love that Gannon then made a tweak and then it was lights out. To me that's the sign of a really good coach. 

Absolutely, I'm glad they did get the stops though because who knows with being a new coach it could of snowballed on him if those ended up being touchdowns. Getting those stops probably gave him some confidence sticking with what he was doing and making adjustments where he was struggling. 

I think he was determined to make sure they didn't get beat over top and didn't put the effort with his players on stopping the run initially. 

• Like 1

I think I had them at 6 wins.

I will bump that up BIG TIME to................8.

God I hate saying this, but IF the O and D Lines stay healthy, IF..........could be a fun season.

1 minute ago, LacesOut said:

I think I had them at 6 wins.

I will bump that up BIG TIME to................8.

I'm sticking with 7 but once they get to 7 wins I'm going 8! Lol

• Haha 1

Absolutely, I'm glad they did get the stops though because who knows with being a new coach it could of snowballed on him if those ended up being touchdowns. Getting those stops probably gave him some confidence sticking with what he was doing and making adjustments where he was struggling. 

I think he was determined to make sure they didn't get beat over top and didn't put the effort with his players on stopping the run initially. 

Absolutely! If either of those drives end in TDs then things could have been different. Of course that's all what ifs and who really knows but yeah I agree bud. Thankfully it went out way and from there on it was just utter dominance. What I like is that he's happy to give to some yards to the run to protect the over the top stuff. 

• Like 1