EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

Here is Week 16 of last year with Hurts

Jalen Hurts Week 16 Pass Chart

Could it just be possible that the gameplan dictated on whether someone throws in the middle or not? That maybe they did not want to test Fred Warner last week?

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Here is Week 16 of last year with Hurts

Jalen Hurts Week 16 Pass Chart

Could it just be possible that the gameplan dictated on whether someone throws in the middle or not? That maybe they did not want to test Fred Warner last week?

This is the clear outlier. 

Week 14: 3 throws (1 being like 5 yards behind the LOS)

Week 15: 1 throw

Week 16: 5 throws

Week 17: 1 throw

Week 1: 0 throws

Week 2: 0 throws

I can buy Fred Warner if it was one week, but there's a pattern here.

15 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

which is kind of my point, DG ranks in the middle of what the Eagles got for talent  in the 1st rd, there are more below, than above him. So I cant complain with the value they got from that draft pick. We can debate and say I would of rather we had drafted ____    But with the fact they haven't drafted all that well in the 1st rd, I'll take a player the caliber of DG in the 1st. 

Neither here nor there... Goedert was a 2nd round pick.  

But, the selection didn't happen in a vacuum either.  It happened within the context of whom they already had on the roster, and what holes they were dealing with.  They chose to trade up to get him, rather than just taking what was there on the board.   It changes the evaluation a bit.  

4 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Neither here nor there... Goedert was a 2nd round pick.  

But, the selection didn't happen in a vacuum either.  It happened within the context of whom they already had on the roster, and what holes they were dealing with.  They chose to trade up to get him, rather than just taking what was there on the board.   It changes the evaluation a bit.  

Not really material in my eyes. moving on

1 minute ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Is that because of all the RPO's and scrambling QBs we have in the league now? 

35 minutes ago, mattwill said:

The first part of that (the 0-2) if it keeps going like that is good for the trade value because the pick gets earlier and earlier regardless of which round it is in.

I was speaking from a Colts’ perspective 

28 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Tannenhill a bajillion😄.

Surprised Murray as a shorter guy is the leader with 8.

Idk. I’d wager that Tannehill would be the leader with a bajillion

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You can get this at your local grocery store...or in your case Dollar Store

Is anyone moderating the for sale boards?

You get emotional too quickly. Calm down

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

RPO's are definitely apart of it. I think the league is just tightening up on it. Eagles would get away with this a lot of times in 2017

8 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Not really material in my eyes. moving on

Not material to discuss whether it is smart use of resources to select a TE with your top pick in the draft when you already have a top TE on the roster?  The resources available to an NFL team is rather finite.  So, it matters.

Last year it was Lawrence that won the battle vs Lane because he was injured. Curious if he’ll lose again because his ankle still isn’t 100%

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

RPO's are definitely apart of it. I think the league is just tightening up on it. Eagles would get away with this a lot of times in 2017

Lineman probably hate it lol. They are trying to set a pocket with no clue what the QB is doing back there. I'm sure they have a clock in their heads as well that once they don't see the play go beyond them they assume the QB has broken the pocket or it has handed off. 

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Last year it was Lawrence that won the battle vs Lane because he was injured. Curious if he’ll lose again because his ankle still isn’t 100%

Lawrence broke his foot a week ago

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Irony😉

What irony means, why it is misused and why it may fall out of usage

Or I could have simply meant it as a compliment and not a jab

Like I said you get too emotional

Lawrence broke his foot a week ago

Didn’t know. Well at least the right side should be good then

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

Well considering that Lawrence isn't playing I'd say Lane got this. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Lineman probably hate it lol. They are trying to set a pocket with no clue what the QB is doing back there. I'm sure they have a clock in their heads as well that once they don't see the play go beyond them they assume the QB has broken the pocket or it has handed off. 

Linemen typically run block on them, so they just are going downfield and not really setting a pocket. The QB is the one that has to have the clock in his head to get rid of it before the linemen are too far downfield to avoid getting the penalty called. 

Guest justrelax
9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Good thought, about RPOs in particular.

Linemen typically run block on them, so they just are going downfield and not really setting a pocket. The QB is the one that has to have the clock in his head to get rid of it before the linemen are too far downfield to avoid getting the penalty called. 

Ahh ok, I didn't know the exact job of the lineman on those. I'm still stuck on old timer type sheet lol

I know when dealing with a normal drop back pass they have those struggles with not knowing where the QB is or on screens they release to early cause the ball.should.of been out by a certain time. 

@LeanMeanGM

I just can't predict a Cowboys win even though I think it's likely

Eagles: 20

Cowboys: 17

(inevitably wrong) Bonus Prediction: Tony Pollard and Kenneth Gainwell combine for yards from scrimmage than Ezekiel Elliott and Miles Sanders

Guest justrelax
5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That’s a little off. They run block on an RPO.

Archived