EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Mostly yes, mixed in with the jersey shore morons and an occasional movie. 

I can honestly say with conviction, I have not tuned to MTV to watch anything since the mid 90's when they got away from the music format. when they started the whole Real world crap is when I turned it off.

To be fair I stopped watching TV pretty much around then. Had 0 interest in watching that type of BS. I have never watched any shows, not even a single episode of shows like survival or any of the other reality based programs. I have watched a few parts of episodes or clips of shows like American Idiol or the Voice, but for the most part, none of that stuff interests me.

Again to be fair, I never watched any episodes of shows many people liked, like TWD, NCIS, SOA, the Sapranos, Housewives etc...When people start talking about that kind of stuff, my eyes glaze over. LMFAO 

7 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

LOL, you aren't kidding and so did I.  What's funny is it was another one of those YouTube suggestions so I dove in and spent time watching.  He is repetitive.  One of my guilty pleasures are all of the old 60s beach movies with Frankie Avalon and Rickles always played a goofy role on them so that's what I always associated him with.  What I enjoyed the most about watching Rickles is it proves how thin our skin has become.  He would rag on Sammie Davis and he would give it right back.  

If you ever watch Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood, there's a great scene where he takes the Asian kid to the barber and they teach him how to talk...basically ribbing on each other's ethnicity and background.  Not saying it's right but I think it shows how a lot of guys used to become close.  

Different world we live in.

In The Mule Clint had a three way. It was Hilarious. 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah, I need to step back into One Bite reviews.  I stopped back when covid hit.  I enjoyed them.  

I also watch:

Adam The Woo

Rueben the Bulldog

Worldstar fights and other random street fights.  

During the initial COVID outbreak, when he had covid himself, He did a bunch of frozen pizza's in his appartment. including local ones that viewers sent to him. Pretty funny/cool how he kept it going during that time. 

A few months ago there were some entertaining ones in Paterson NJ. 

Just the other day he gave out "Double 9.3s" in a review that included a bonus dessert review.

Lots of entertaining stuff in those vids.

He has his own brand of frozen pizza coming out on the 28th. Im definitely going to be trying it right away. 

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

I can honestly say with conviction, I have not tuned to MTV to watch anything since the mid 90's when they got away from the music format. when they started the whole Real world crap is when I turned it off.

To be fair I stopped watching TV pretty much around then. Had 0 interest in watching that type of BS. I have never watched any shows, not even a single episode of shows like survival or any of the other reality based programs. I have watched a few parts of episodes or clips of shows like American Idiol or the Voice, but for the most part, none of that stuff interests me.

Again to be fair, I never watched any episodes of shows many people liked, like TWD, NCIS, SOA, the Sapranos, Housewives etc...When people start talking about that kind of stuff, my eyes glaze over. LMFAO 

How did you feel about breaking bad or Game of Thrones?

Theres a Tiger Woods NFT drop coming up at 3:00 on draft kings marketplace. Not sure if these things are doing any good but all of my afternoon/evening work was cancelled for today so Im going to be here trying to get one.

My Youtube watch stuff is musical Like Rick Beato, Rhett Hull, DR Bob, the Trogly's guitar show, and many others in the music type stuff, or car stuff like, Riding with Alex Taylor, Finnegans Garage, DDspeed shop etc.....

17 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Rickles was good.  But he did a lot of the same bits in a lot of his routines.  My dad liked him.  I was a little young when Carson was out, but my dad always talked about him.  I fell into a rickles you tube hole a few months ago and he's pretty repetitive.  

Check out some of his last appearances on Letterman. This one with Denzel had me rolling:

1 hour ago, Ipiggles said:

it matters, but in retrospect, when I look at the value of that pick, he was worth it, when comparing it to countless other picks whose value never equates to where the pick was taken . (JJAW as example)  SO I can not complain, will not complain when we take a pick and the value is there.   Drafting is NOT the only resource for players, so I am focusing on the Value gotten with the pick, not the needs of the team at the time. 

Value is also relative to the needs of the team at the time, because if you are talking about a reserve player who gets a limited number of snaps, or  limited production... the 'value' is irrelevant in terms of what he could do on another team and what he could produce for another team.  All that really matters is what his value is here and what he produces here.  In terms of that... Goedert wasn't a great pick.  As a player, they had identified a good player and got him.  But in terms of roster building, they did not succeed, and that is the goal of the draft... building your roster for the future.  Yes, there are other avenues.  And if they had traded Ertz to pave the way for Goedert, then that changes the evaluation of the pick as well.   But, they didn't.  So, we have a #2 TE for the first four years of his contract.  Not a great use of resources when it all comes down to it.

Good player, bad pick.

Just now, Bacarty2 said:

he just did the south jersey shore and gave out some really big numbers. couple in wildhood, Avalon, Ocean City I saw and maybe Somers Point...

yeah I watched those. Ive gone to OCNJ for vacation just about every year of my life.

2 years ago he did Manko and Manko and gave a 7.3. Back then that was a really good score. Nowadays its average as he doesnt want to kill small businesses with a poor score. 

I was glad to see when he did Preps this year he gave them a slightly lower 7.1

There was some really entertaining stuff on those other jersey shore rewies like Steak em Up trying to act like its a pizza place to get a review, and the Lime Ricky.

3 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

My Youtube watch stuff is musical Like Rick Beato, Rhett Hull, DR Bob, the Trogly's guitar show, and many others in the music type stuff, or car stuff like, Riding with Alex Taylor, Finnegans Garage, DDspeed shop etc.....

Finnegans Garage is good.  If you like Alex Taylor, you might like Vice Grip Garage.  She raced with Derek a few times.  I recently got in to the Donut stuff.  Lots of good content.  Cletus McFarland is decent but I'm getting a bit tired of watching drifting and burnouts.  Show me builds and such.

55 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Total waste of a 3rd round pick

giphy.gif

If I were talented technologically, I'd be able to update that to 22 Miles per hour.  

oh well... maybe someday I'll figure that out, and some day, Taylor will reach his ultimate goal.

53 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Sticking to the YouTube talk, for the smoking/grilling guys, who do you follow?  I was just suggested to watch Smokin' & Grillin' Wit AB, no typos.  Have watched a few of his videos and some good looking meals. 

HowtoBBQRight... Malcolm Reed.

44 minutes ago, greend said:

I think Gaffigan is pretty funny 

I found a few that are pretty funny on the Dry Bar Comedy.   Jeff Allen is pretty good there.

39 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

This is my guy.  Chubby southern guy.  Can't go wrong.  

Malcom Reed.  

https://www.youtube.com/c/howtobbqright

https://howtobbqright.com/

Beat me to it.   I think he's in Alabama... not sure.  But, he knows his stuff.   You really can't go wrong with him.

I always tell my wife, when it comes to cooking shows, I never trust a skinny chef.   Malcolm eats what he makes, and you can tell he loves it.

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I found a few that are pretty funny on the Dry Bar Comedy.   Jeff Allen is pretty good there.

I'll have to check it out

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Please tell me we are requiring bobeph to wear a shirt and pants.

You think you can "require" anything of bobeph?

29 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I get what he's doing but it just feels all wrong and WAY too forced.  He's been here for what? 9 months?  He has no idea what the Dallas rivalry is all about.  If anything, he should have BG get up in front of the team and tell them what Dallas week is and how much it meant to him and how much it sucks that's the first game he'll miss.  Or you bring some retired Eagles who could tell you about it.  Don't get up there, put your silly t-shirt on and give a pep talk. 

Better yet, during mini OTA's, wait the team didn't think they were important, you have Jeff Lurie, the owner talk to the entire team about what Dallas is and how his franchise hates theirs.  It's just too much from Siranni at this point.  

Harold Carmichael... He's still on staff I believe, and is relevant as he's just been enshrined.   

But, no... do NOT let Lurie talk to the team.   Every time I see him there there is just so much cringe.

1 minute ago, twistr said:

You think you can "require" anything of bobeph?

You certainly cant require him to paint the inside of his garage.

LOL @ Lurie getting up and addressing the team for Dallas week. My god, he would just go on and on and on, droning about nothing until the team falls asleep. 

17 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Value is also relative to the needs of the team at the time, because if you are talking about a reserve player who gets a limited number of snaps, or  limited production... the 'value' is irrelevant in terms of what he could do on another team and what he could produce for another team.  All that really matters is what his value is here and what he produces here.  In terms of that... Goedert wasn't a great pick.  As a player, they had identified a good player and got him.  But in terms of roster building, they did not succeed, and that is the goal of the draft... building your roster for the future.  Yes, there are other avenues.  And if they had traded Ertz to pave the way for Goedert, then that changes the evaluation of the pick as well.   But, they didn't.  So, we have a #2 TE for the first four years of his contract.  Not a great use of resources when it all comes down to it.

Good player, bad pick.

Thats fair, but a good player/bad pick still beats a bad player/good pick  in my eyes

19 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Theres a Tiger Woods NFT drop coming up at 3:00 on draft kings marketplace. Not sure if these things are doing any good but all of my afternoon/evening work was cancelled for today so Im going to be here trying to get one.

I read wrong.  One dropped today. 

The one that I was going to go for,  for 50 bucks drops on the 28th. 

11 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

giphy.gif

If I were talented technologically, I'd be able to update that to 22 Miles per hour.  

oh well... maybe someday I'll figure that out, and some day, Taylor will reach his ultimate goal.

HowtoBBQRight... Malcolm Reed.

You’ll never forgive Taylor for essentially saying he wants to play really fast, huh?

2 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I read wrong.  One dropped today. 

The one that I was going to go for,  for 50 bucks drops on the 28th. 

Have you tried NBA top shot ?

Archived