Brooks Injured Again

Talonblood

Are we really going to start panicking over a mid-week injury report describing a vet that was a limited participant? Spoiler Alert! Fletcher Cox is a fixture on that list every week once the season begins. 

• Like 4

I was concerned too - but he is an All Pro veteran coming off an achilles injury, so it would make sense that the training staff would baby him.

• Like 4

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/brandon-brooks-knee-injury-falcons-achilles-eagles-20210908.html?utm_source=t.co&utm_campaign=edit_social_share_twitter_traffic&utm_medium=social&utm_content=&utm_term=&int_promo=

The starting right guard apparently didn’t suffer the injury at practice. The Eagles are likely managing his repetitions with the season opener Sunday at the Atlanta Falcons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Are we really going to start panicking over a mid-week injury report describing a vet that was a limited participant? Spoiler Alert! Fletcher Cox is a fixture on that list every week once the season begins. 

It's not panic, spy bird face- it's that this mother is hurt 24/7 every year. He cannot stay healthy, period.

17 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

It's not panic, spy bird face- it's that this mother is hurt 24/7 every year. He cannot stay healthy, period.

Agreed, at this point I expect him to be out for the season at some point. If it's not physical he is out for mental sheet. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

To quote Ricky Gervais: " It's the last time-I don't care".......

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Agreed, at this point I expect him to be out for the season at some point. If it's not physical he is out for mental sheet. 

He's an All Pro when he's playing.  Without Brooks, the Eagles don't win a ring in 2017.  The guy's a beast and not easily replaced.

4 minutes ago, Procus said:

He's an All Pro when he's playing.  Without Brooks, the Eagles don't win a ring in 2017.  The guy's a beast and not easily replaced.

Yeah when he's playing we are now 4 years removed from 2017 soon to be 5. Time to move on from what these guys did in 2017. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yeah when he's playing we are now 4 years removed from 2017 soon to be 5. Time to move on from what these guys did in 2017. 

No way with Brooks.  You just don't "move on" from a generational talent like him.  I don't think you grasp how much he brings to the team when he's on the field.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greenakers2 said:

To quote Ricky Gervais: " It's the last time-I don't care".......

giphy.gif.d79fdc32f9a67fa10b05d526b964e40e.gif

3 minutes ago, Procus said:

Because he IS funny.

Yeeeeaaaah.... no.

WZIe.gif

For those who are dismissive of Brooks, read on and learn:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/all-pro-snub-brandon-brooks-named-best-o-lineman-nfl-pff

Earlier this month, Jason Kelce called Brandon Brooks "the best offensive lineman in the NFL.”

Turns out, ProFootballFocus agrees.

On Thursday, PFF named Brooks the winner of its annual Bruce Matthews Award, given to the best offensive lineman in the NFL. The Eagles were also named the best overall offensive line in the league. 

It’s an honor Brooks deserves after he was egregiously snubbed by voters for the Associated Press All-Pro team earlier this month. It was an absolute joke that Brooks wasn’t even named to the second team. No disrespect to Zack Martin or Marshal Yanda but Brooks was better than both of them this year. 

There’s no doubt that Brooks is the best right guard in the NFL. PFF thinks he’s the best overall OL in the league too. 

Here’s what they said about him:

"Brooks has been a perennially underrated player throughout his NFL career, whether it was playing in Houston or Philadelphia. Aside from a rookie season in which he played just 173 snaps, he has earned overall PFF grades of at least 74.0 every season since. Four of those six seasons before this one saw him top 80.0 overall, but this year he took his game to another level, earning an overall grade of 92.9. For years we have been making the case that he deserves Pro Bowl, and then All-Pro, recognition, and now he deserves to be acknowledged as the best offensive linemen in the game.”

While opinions are split on ProFootballFocus, their evaluations for offensive linemen are incredibly valuable. PFF has been able to give stats to a position that was previously stat-less. No, they don’t necessarily know assignments or the exact designs of plays, but they grade each and every play and that detailed analysis can take some of the human element out of giving these awards. 

When the All-Pro voters made their selections, they picked two guys at right guard in Martin and Yanda who have a longer history of playing at an elite level. PFF doesn’t care about that. They did their game-by-game, play-by-play evaluations and came to the conclusion that no other offensive lineman was better than Brooks this season. 

According to PFF, Brooks gave up just one sack and and 19 pressures on 647 pass snaps. That’s pretty impressive. But it’s even more impressive that Brooks was that dominant eight months after suffering a torn Achilles. 

For the start of next season, Brooks will be coming off a shoulder surgery, but there’s no doubt he should be able to return to his dominant form in 2020. 

The Eagles know what they have in Brooks. They signed the three-time Pro Bowler to a four-year extension during the season that made him the highest-paid guard in the NFL and will keep him in Philadelphia through 2024.

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

People are stuck in 2017. It’s given them unreal expectations on many of these players. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Panic stations. Everyone run around, flail your arms and pray to the heavens for a miracle. 

On a team that’s been blue tent bound like every season since 2016 we shouldn’t take injuries lightly. Injuries (and Wentz absolutely stinking up the joint) were a major part of the 2020 season falling apart. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

On a team that’s been blue tent bound like every season since 2016 we shouldn’t take injuries lightly. Injuries (and Wentz absolutely stinking up the joint) were a major part of the 2020 season falling apart. 

Oh I agree with you. We can't take injuries lightly but we've got to hope that things are going to start trending back to the norm.

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I agree with you. We can't take injuries lightly but we've got to hope that things are going to start trending back to the norm.

We got spoiled under Chip. We were for the most part a healthy team when he was a coach, but as soon as Doug became coach it just seemed like the team could never stay healthy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

People are stuck in 2017. It’s given them unreal expectations on many of these players. 

Then I get hit with posts about how great he is. I'm fully aware of how great Brooks is he transforms that whole side of the line with his play. I'm aware of the impact he has in the game and the reason I know that more then ever is because he is always hurt and it screws the whole freaking line up. 

Not one wants to move on it's sad really. This super bowl was a gift and a curse. I think it made everyone brain dead. Including the front office

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Then I get hit with posts about how great he is. I'm fully aware of how great Brooks is he transforms that whole side of the line with his play. I'm aware of the impact he has in the game and the reason I know that more then ever is because he is always hurt and it screws the whole freaking line up. 

Not one wants to move on it's sad really. This super bowl was a gift and a curse. I think it made everyone brain dead. Including the front office

The Eagles understand how great he is, but they also understand that him sitting on the sidelines injured does nothing to help them either and that why there were rumors of them shopping him. The best ability in football is availability. 

Until last season, Brooks had missed a total of 6 regular season games (due to injury or anxiety) since he's been a starter in the league. Obviously, last year he missed the whole season but was practicing with the team at the end. People are acting like he's hurt more often than he plays. Last year was the first time an injury caused him to miss multiple games. Can we please stop acting like he misses every season?

Again, this whole limited practice thing isn't even noteworthy, since it's a common practice for vets that don't need extra work. 

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Until last season, Brooks had missed a total of 6 regular season games (due to injury or anxiety) since he's been a starter in the league. Obviously, last year he missed the whole season but was practicing with the team at the end. People are acting like he's hurt more often than he plays. Last year was the first time an injury caused him to miss multiple games. Can we please stop acting like he misses every season?

Again, this whole limited practice thing isn't even noteworthy, since it's a common practice for vets that don't need extra work. 

Feels like people can't wait to use the usual phrases about guys getting hurt.. 

It's so unusual to be healthy for this team, especially the QB. :whistle:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

We got spoiled under Chip. We were for the most part a healthy team when he was a coach, but as soon as Doug became coach it just seemed like the team could never stay healthy. 

it's because we swapped the smoothies for bowls of ice cream.