Brooks Injured Again

Talonblood

On 9/20/2021 at 2:51 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well he stepped in yesterday so let's see what this kid has. 

He gave up 5 pressures so not a good start, but he’s also coming off a major injury and probably didn’t get a lot of practice time. So after a week of practice let’s see what he can do against  Cowboys. 

• Like 1

I'm usually as optimistic as anybody here, but having Brooks go down is a huge loss for the offense and the team. 

3 minutes ago, Procus said:

I'm usually as optimistic as anybody here, but having Brooks go down is a huge loss for the offense and the team. 

Gives the Hurts crowd all the excuses they will need for his poor play though.

25 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Yeah, cutting Djax in his prime was a great move as well.

The best

• Haha 1

Shocker. 

JFC.  One of the best players in the game at his position. Too bad he can not stay healthy. Him and Lane together were fun to watch.

6 hours ago, Procus said:

Dickerson is a bit of an unknown since he just fully recovered. Even though we've been working Herbig at C through TC and preseason, he played excellent at RG in the 2nd half of last season. I'm extremely confident in Herbig if he gets the nod. Dickerson should improve as he gains experience (if they decide to keep going with him).

• Like 1

So it’s a strain.

The way Brooks usually deals with injuries, it now is a real possibility that he is back at it after the required 3 weeks.

Maybe we catch a break for once.

11 hours ago, downundermike said:

Gives the Hurts crowd all the excuses they will need for his poor play though.

'Siri show me a textbook example of projection by Carson Wentz fans'

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Dickerson is a bit of an unknown since he just fully recovered. Even though we've been working Herbig at C through TC and preseason, he played excellent at RG in the 2nd half of last season. I'm extremely confident in Herbig if he gets the nod. Dickerson should improve as he gains experience (if they decide to keep going with him).

Herbig was no better than a tackle dummy first game up against WFT last year but like you say improved throughout the year, Dickerson is a level better than Herbig to start with so I'd hope they stick with him and he shows the same trajectory.

I've got a feeling that guy Dead Cap is going to be amongst our top paid players again next year.

Brooks has been hurt almost every year, it's just two of those years he got hurt at end of the season instead of the beginning. Time to UNLOAD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Brooks has been hurt almost every year, it's just two of those years he got hurt at end of the season instead of the beginning. Time to UNLOAD

Gonna have to wait a few years for that, or eat cap hit further hurting their overall cap to get rid of him.

Brooks.PNG

17 hours ago, Infam said:

So it’s a strain.

The way Brooks usually deals with injuries, it now is a real possibility that he is back at it after the required 3 weeks.

Maybe we catch a break for once.

...and then promptly gets injured again.... :ph34r:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NOTW said:

Gonna have to wait a few years for that, or eat cap hit further hurting their overall cap to get rid of him.

Brooks.PNG

Could be a post-June 1 cut.

• Like 1