Brooks Injured Again

Talonblood

13 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I haven't heard the details, but being out with a chest injury would typically mean torn pec, which would mean done for the season. 

That is a big stretch.  There's a huge difference between a strain and a tear.

17 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I haven't heard the details, but being out with a chest injury would typically mean torn pec, which would mean done for the season. 

Can you post more tweets of him lifting weights in the offseason?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Procus said:

That is a big stretch.  There's a huge difference between a strain and a tear.

I doubt many players leave the game and are ruled "out" with a strain. Not saying it's not possible, but these things usually end up being the full tear. 

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I'm sure I can post some rehab tweets during this season ... unfortunately. 

Just now, NOTW said:

I just want to know if he is out for the rest of the season if it counts as having injury problems. Cause this would be multiple injuries to his legs and muscles in his chest/arms. .. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I just want to know if he is out for the rest of the season if it counts as having injury problems. Cause this would be multiple injuries to his legs and muscles in his chest/arms. .. 

Look, if you just exclude missing an entire season, 2 season ending injuries, leaving multiple games with injuries and missing practices he's barely missed any time at all!  

:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Look, if you just exclude missing an entire season, 2 season ending injuries, leaving multiple games with injuries and missing practices he's barely missed any time at all!  

:lol:

What about the anxiety tho? Did those games count or no? Lol

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

What about the anxiety tho? Did those games count or no? Lol

They count as missing games. As a proponent of mental health especially for men, I wouldn't criticize him for it. 

And Brooks is a beast of a player. My only issue is Howie extending him for such a long term.

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

While I realize what you're doing here, but the answer is yes. You are referring to a previous post where it was pointed out that last year was the first time he missed an entire season and before that, he only missed a combined 6 games. Since a couple of his previous injuries happened in the final game of their respective seasons, people were implying that he missed several seasons because of "season ending" injuries. Obviously, the clarification was twisted on purpose or just went over your head.

Regardless, missing the remainder of the season would be a huge concern for his health moving forward. That would mean he would have missed all or most of the last 2 seasons. Players rarely return form that to be reliable starters late in their careers. 

They count as missing games. As a proponent of mental health especially for men, I wouldn't criticize him for it. 

And Brooks is a beast of a player. My only issue is Howie extending him for such a long term.

Eat the dead money and move on. According to @downundermikeit'll be 15 mil

Just now, NOTW said:

I know, I suffer from mental illness as well. I was just going with the theme. 

At the time though Brooks was on top of the league as the best guard in the league he deserved that contract. Unfortunately he fell apart after. I even said yeah everyone is happy now then the minute he gets hurt people will piss and moan that Howie signed him long term. Well that happened

This is my fear for guys like sweat and Mailata both have injury history more so then Brooks had at the time. 

We just suck with injuries anymore

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

While I realize what you're doing here, but the answer is yes. You are referring to a previous post where it was pointed out that last year was the first time he missed an entire season and before that, he only missed a combined 6 games. Since a couple of his previous injuries happened in the final game of their respective seasons, people were implying that he missed several seasons because of "season ending" injuries. Obviously, the clarification was twisted on purpose or just went over your head.

Regardless, missing the remainder of the season would be a huge concern for his health moving forward. That would mean he would have missed all or most of the last 2 seasons. Players rarely return form that to be reliable starters late in their careers. 

Just because he tore his first Achilles at the end of the season it still is a season ending injury then he did it again. So he already had 2 season ending injuries to bounce back from before today. 

I know, I suffer from mental illness as well. I was just going with the theme. 

At the time though Brooks was on top of the league as the best guard in the league he deserved that contract. Unfortunately he fell apart after. I even said yeah everyone is happy now then the minute he gets hurt people will piss and moan that Howie signed him long term. Well that happened

This is my fear for guys like sweat and Mailata both have injury history more so then Brooks had at the time. 

We just suck with injuries anymore

A "cap genius guru" should give shorter term deals to aging veterans, let them prove they can stay healthy. He back loads or kicks can down the road and the team has a bigger cap hit trying to release them. He's keeping guys under contract way longer than he should. Jeffrey, Jackson, Johnson, Brooks, Graham, Cox...at least with Peters they were shorter term deals.

Partly because he fails so badly in the draft they don't have talent to replace them.

• Like 2

Just because he tore his first Achilles at the end of the season it still is a season ending injury then he did it again. So he already had 2 season ending injuries to bounce back from before today. 

One could just as easily argue that he would have played in that Washington game last year had we been in contention still for a playoff spot. He was fully recovered at that point and was nearly ready the week before. So the injury wasn't really "season ending" it was only "season beginning" for the pointless sake of semantics. 

Just now, NOTW said:

Partly because he fails so badly in the draft they don't have talent to replace them.

And this is the issue that we come back to time and time again. If he drafted better he wouldn't need to keep extending some of these guys.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And this is the issue that we come back to time and time again. If he drafted better he wouldn't need to keep extending some of these guys.

If he drafted better, wouldn't he need to extend some of those guys? Or is the plan just to a have  a team full of rookie contracts at all times?

A "cap genius guru" should give shorter term deals to aging veterans, let them prove they can stay healthy. He back loads or kicks can down the road and the team has a bigger cap hit trying to release them. He's keeping guys under contract way longer than he should. Jeffrey, Jackson, Johnson, Brooks, Graham, Cox...at least with Peters they were shorter term deals.

Nevermind I keep thinking that extension was just before he tore his Achilles going into the off season. It was actually during that off season. 

So yeah you are correct that was a bad signing even though Howie was praised for it at the time because Brooks came back from it so fast. 

I for the record said it was a bad idea and people will be beotching when he gets hurt again. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

If he drafted better, wouldn't he need to extend some of those guys? Or is the plan just to a have  a team full of rookie contracts at all times?

But you want to extend the young guys. You want to keep them around. Extending older guys leads to you still paying for them even once they are off the roster. 

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Straw man, no one said only rookie contracts.

You lock up players in their prime, but players that are getting too old but still productive you extend shorter term with incentives for playing time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But you want to extend the young guys. You want to keep them around. Extending older guys leads to you still paying for them even once they are off the roster. 

It seems people will complain either way:

14 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Just now, NOTW said:

Straw man, no one said only rookie contracts.

You lock up players in their prime, but players that are getting too old but still productive you extend shorter term with incentives for playing time. 

See the post I quoted above.

Ideally, every decision you make would work out. Most players aren't interested in team friendly deals unfortunately. But if you know any stud players that are, give them Howie's card, please.

2 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

See the post I quoted above.

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

no one said only rookie contracts.