Brooks Injured Again

Talonblood

On 9/9/2021 at 1:01 PM, manz2821 said:

Its Wentz. I'm hoping he has taken his injury juju to the colts.  and based on the injuries they suffered so far it seems like it has worked..... I expect a fully healthy season 🙂

Don't fool yourself ... it's still McNabb's fault.

• Haha 2

On 9/9/2021 at 10:09 AM, NOTW said:

And Lane Johnson - another great player, but aging with injury troubles - has missed 25 games in the last 5 seasons. 

15 games due to injury (13 of which were due to the ankle injury that didn't heal correctly on its own that he tried to play through last year, but has since been corrected surgically) and 10 games due to a suspension. Anybody that believes this is the definition of injury-prone is just paranoid. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 1:24 PM, toolg said:

The "new Jason Peters"? I'll take that. Between 2012, when Peters tore his Achilles, and 2017, when he tore up his knee, Peters played virtually every game, was a Pro Bowler each season, All-Pro in 2013. It was after 2017 when Peters got old (35+) and gimpy, and played more sporadically.

If Brooks is out playing on the field Sunday, I'm not worried. If he's the new Peters, he's set to be All-Pro.

Just for the sake of clarity, the last time Jason Peters was an 'All-Pro' was 2013.   The last time he was a Pro Bowler was 2016.   And the Eagles even brought him back in 2020... 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Just for the sake of clarity, the last time Jason Peters was an 'All-Pro' was 2013.   The last time he was a Pro Bowler was 2016.   And the Eagles even brought him back in 2020... 

In 2013, Jason Peters was 31 years old and had just missed an entire season due to an Achilles injury. Imagine if we called him old and damaged then?

Brooks is 32, and missed all of 2020 due to an Achilles injury. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Brooks is expected to play tomorrow. 

Cool. I just hope the guy can stay on the field. Eagles need him.

15 hours ago, thepaintedman said:

Glad we wasted time on discussing this...

If you really like wasting time head over to the Carson Wentz topic!

• Haha 2

The Eagles, at this point, have to ride with Brooks and Johnson.  They have decent depth on the offensive line and Dickerson should be ready in a couple weeks too.

Nothing they can do now.....but they're loading up draft picks for 2022 and they'll address the O-line in that draft.

But with the Eagles injury history, after each play, I look around to see if anybody isn't getting up.....

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

The Eagles, at this point, have to ride with Brooks and Johnson.  They have decent depth on the offensive line and Dickerson should be ready in a couple weeks too.

I think they'll be fine. I know these guys have missed time but I think they are probably just managing those players who have missed time. 

I think these long injury reports are going to be the new norm. It seems the new coaching staff is trying to keep guys available for Sunday as much as possible. Lots of rest for players. I saw on the 9ers forum someone posted up saying Eagles has 14 players on the injured list and they were all excited. 

Our injury report being 10 names long every week of the season because we have so many old farts who need days off to rest up.

Good player but can't stay on the field anymore.  All the talent in the world means nothing if you can't stay on the field.

2 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Good player but can't stay on the field anymore.  All the talent in the world means nothing if you can't stay on the field.

He played week 1. He'll play week 2. Most of the guys on this list are vets that are likely just getting some extra rest to stay fresh. 

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

He played week 1. He'll play week 2. Most of the guys on this list are vets that are likely just getting some extra rest to stay fresh. 

Yes that list was updated all of those players practiced fully or limited as of yesterday.that puts them on track to play Sunday depending on today's practice participation. I believe all limited must do at least a full today though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Brooks left the game injured.

Doesn't count if it ends his season. Cause he only missed 6 games otherwise

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Can we panic now?

I haven't heard the details, but being out with a chest injury would typically mean torn pec, which would mean done for the season. 

7 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

I haven't heard the details, but being out with a chest injury would typically mean torn pec, which would mean done for the season. 

Maybe his heart was broken? and he headed into the locker room to cry.

• Haha 1