Jordan Mailata signs 4 year, $64 million deal

GroundAttack

24 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

I like Mailata a lot but that deal is outrageous.

It is high - puts him around the 10th highest paid LT in football. Happy for him but wish it was alittle less give that he hasn’t started a season. 

1 minute ago, eggs said:

It is high - puts him around the 10th highest paid LT in football. Happy for him but wish it was alittle less give that he hasn’t started a season. 

6 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Do you know anything about football ?? That deal is a bargain. 

He is the 15th highest paid tackle by yearly average, and when the meat of his contract kicks in after new guys get their deals, he will not even be top 25-30.

56 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

Not compared to what we gave JP last year and got in return. 

1 hour ago, JP HOF said:

It's a steal for a guy who will enter his prime over the course of this contract and has all of the potential to become a 1st team All Pro LT in the very near future.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

Good job, FO.

And no team wants Dillard. He will just be a backup on the Birds until he is cut/released. Reminds me of the Fireman Danny Watkins draft pick. Ugh.

It seems to me like the only chance Dillard has - at least with the Eagles - is to learn another position as well. If he could back up LT, RT and maybe guard he might be worth keeping around.  If not, I'm not sure how much demand there is for a backup OL that only plays one position.  McDonalds is hiring I guess.

• Like 1

I am happy about it.

Mailata looked amazing for quite a while, I was hoping we extend him quickly.

Feels like a good deal, pretty sure we’d have payed a lot more next year.

It feels a little high for me given he's had injury issues and has only started 10 games. 

But that being said, love him as a player and person and love what Stoutland has done with him.

Hope he becomes an all-pro for a long time.

4 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

It feels a little high for me given he's had injury issues and has only started 10 games. 

But that being said, love him as a player and person and love what Stoutland has done with him.

Hope he becomes an all-pro for a long time.

I think those injury issues his first 2 years was to stash him on IR to hang on to him considering he never played a down but had high upside they weren't going to risk him on the practice squad. 

People are reading into that to much and I'm not sure why some aren't understanding why they did that. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I think those injury issues his first 2 years was to stash him on IR to hang on to him considering he never played a down but had high upside they weren't going to risk him on the practice squad. 

People are reading into that to much and I'm not sure why some aren't understanding why they did that. 

I know they didn't need to IR him and did that for the stash, but I did think he had some genuine injury issues with his back etc. But hopefully it really was nothing serious.

Just now, ManchesterEagle said:

I know they didn't need to IR him and did that for the stash, but I did think he had some genuine injury issues with his back etc. But hopefully it really was nothing serious.

I agree, I think one of those was an actual injury but, I don't think it was real serious. Just a good excuse to stash him since they had to activate others because of all the other injuries

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes if we are gonna give credit to Stoutland for Mailata then we have to give criticism for Dillard. They are both talented but, one had a different mindset then the other to compete and get better. Stoutland can't control the mindset of players. 

I’ll agree with that that.

• Like 1

Just now, Casey @ Bat said:

I’ll agree with that that.

Don't get me wrong stoutland is outstanding but, as far as this situation goes that was all about the 2 players mental state then it was harnessing their talent. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Don't get me wrong stoutland is outstanding but, as far as this situation goes that was all about the 2 players mental state then it was harnessing their talent. 

Stoutland is still here for his 3rd Head Coach. It shows how well he’s done (for the most part), but his profession so no one is above criticism. Hopefully, he can help make Dillard a competent backup.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Great news! And when he out plays this contract and asks for more in a year everyone will piss and moan about him not playing out his contract

I don't think so on the basis he comes from a different culture.

And there are incentives in that contract for him to make up to $80M.  If he performs to a very high level he is going to hit different incentives to make more.  I don't see a situation where in a year he is holding out for more money.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mihailo said:

I don't think so on the basis he comes from a different culture.

I don't either but, I'm going to be cautious the way contracts has bitten us in the ass one to many times in the last 20 yrs. 

He still has an agent he has to pay that is part of this culture

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't either but, I'm going to be cautious the way contracts has bitten us in the ass one to many times in the last 20 yrs. 

He still has an agent he has to pay that is part of this culture

Yeah, that is a fair point, I wasn't thinking about the agent. As himself he doesn't come across as the type to put up a hissy fit, or lower their level of play for a better contract. 

5 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

And there are incentives in that contract for him to make up to $80M.  If he performs to a very high level he is going to hit different incentives to make more.  I don't see a situation where in a year he is holding out for more money.  

In which case he would deserve the incentives, win win.

3 minutes ago, mihailo said:

Yeah, that is a fair point, I wasn't thinking about the agent. As himself he doesn't come across as the type to put up a hissy fit, or lower their level of play for a better contract. 

In which case he would deserve the incentives, win win.

I agree as far as Jordan himself goes. I love the signing just not going to be to excited just yet

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Casey @ Bat said:

Stoutland is still here for his 3rd Head Coach. It shows how well he’s done (for the most part), but his profession so no one is above criticism. Hopefully, he can help make Dillard a competent backup.

That would be all on Dillard. If there is anything there I am certain Stoutland will get it out of him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Couch Potato said:

Congratulations to him , that's life changing money for a guy like him.

Pretty sure that’s life changing money for 93% of the population. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

JFC you guys will complain about anything.

I'm sure that dope still thinks Peters should still be starting