Jordan Mailata signs 4 year, $64 million deal

GroundAttack

4 hours ago, Couch Potato said:

Congratulations to him , that's life changing money for a guy like him.

That’s life changing money for pretty much anyone not named Jeff Bezos…

Great move!

• Like 1

This was a good move. Pricey, but we have a LT for the next few years. Let's hope he plays well and is here much longer.

Not to beat a dead horse, but we really should trade Goedert. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

This was a good move. Pricey, but we have a LT for the next few years. Let's hope he plays well and is here much longer.

Not to beat a dead horse, but we really should trade Goedert. 

Have to agree with this.  We just don't have the funds to extend him.  Better to get a pick we can use on a young cheap player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

It's a steal for a guy who will enter his prime over the course of this contract and has all of the potential to become a 1st team All Pro LT in the very near future.  

a steal?  how does it compare to the contracts of JP and Lane?

I’m sure this deal for Mailata (which I like a lot) finally puts to bed any remote (and unwelcome) chance of a trade for Watson…the cap, which might have been there a week or two ago, just isn’t there any longer…

Not sure what the Eagles do with Dillard now…get what they can for him? or just keep him for backup?

7 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

Cheaper than Lane. He had signed for 4 years $72M.

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Cheaper than Lane. He had signed for 4 years $72M.

why on earth should he be in the same stratosphere?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

I already explained this to you.

First clue you are dead wrong, @RememberTheKoy and I are in agreement.

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

Do you know anything about football ?? That deal is a bargain. 

He is the 15th highest paid tackle by yearly average, and when the meat of his contract kicks in after new guys get their deals, he will not even be top 25-30.

1 hour ago, JP HOF said:

Contracts are relative to the times they were signed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JP HOF said:

Because contracts get larger as the cap goes up.  The 2022 cap is going to be more than $35 million higher than this year and the Eagles are dumping most of their dead money this season.  It’s a middle of the road deal for a starting LT.  What’s the issue?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mihailo said:

Contracts are relative to the times they were signed.

Pfff. Why is Brandon Graham making more money than Reggie White??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, JP HOF said:

The cap is a moving target and expected to continue to increase.  Mailata is only 24 years old and has not yet hit his ceiling.

Jordan is going to spend all those millions buying Four n Twenty meat pies, Baked Beans and Toast... :D

Congrats my guy, you earned it... All the best for yours and your family's future...

9 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's awesome for him, to go from having never seen an American Football game in his life, to 4 years, $64 Million and starting LT in what, 4 years? 

It's a great story, for sure. And Philly loves hard working players like this, so all new players have to do is look over at him and emulate his work ethic to be loved here. Unlike Princess Ben Simmons- but that's another post altogether. 

If he proves he can’t handle speed rushers or goes on IR with the same back issue again, it’ll be another contract they’ll regret.  If he turns into a stud, they saved a few million per year versus the going rate.

Given the luck every team in this city has with young players, I am a bit gun shy.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

If he proves he can’t handle speed rushers or goes on IR with the same back issue again, it’ll be another contract they’ll regret.  If he turns into a stud, they saved a few million per year versus the going rate.

Given the luck every team in this city has with young players, I am a bit gun shy.

But if they waited and he plays like we expect this year, would have to add 5+ million to the average salary.

I get wanting to lock up the LT but if he flames out this is going to be another sheet contract. Hell 16 million a year is high even if hes good. Second highest paid LT in the nfl now right?

12 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I get wanting to lock up the LT but if he flames out this is going to be another sheet contract. Hell 16 million a year is high even if hes good. Second highest paid LT in the nfl now right?

It's 12th.

And only if you exclude this year of the contract and only count the new years for that annual average of 16M.

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

It's 12th.

And only if you exclude this year of the contract and only count the new years.

I’m just looking at the 4 years 64 million. Puts him at 16 million a year over that. According to sporran that puts him in second for this year. I’m trying to find all of the totals still. 

14 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

That was my concern was the early contract biting us again one way or another. All I get is confused emojis like this has never happened before with the team

The contract is fine, I have no issues with that it's the what he becomes after I'm concerned with. 

Just now, 20dawk4life said:

I’m just looking at the 4 years 64 million. Puts him at 16 million a year over that. According to sporran that puts him in second for this year. I’m trying to find all of the totals still. 

No. Even without this year it's only 12th.

That $16 million figure is also 12th-highest among all NFL offensive tackles, according to Spotrac.

Eagles reward Jordan Mailata with massive contract extension | RSN (nbcsports.com)

5 minutes ago, Infam said:

It's 12th.

And only if you exclude this year of the contract and only count the new years.

2 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Edit. Found a page with the average and it puts this contract at 7th in the nfl for LT

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/2021/left-tackle/average/