DeVonta Smith (Alabama WR) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES #10!

HazletonEagle

16 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

It could be close.  QBs and OT are always more valued positions high in the draft.  Lawrence and Fields are definitely top 5 picks. Sewell is a top 5 pick. There are many teams that need QBs, so teams might move up for a couple of the other ones as the draft gets closer.  If you were to ask me now, I would say right now you are probably right. But, as the draft gets closer, I think QBs value will go higher.

This is my exact thoughts. Chase or Smith should fall based on QB hungry teams, but my guess is Smith goes as top wr. But who are we kidding?  Howie would pass on him anyway

Just now, homerpat said:

This is my exact thoughts. Chase or Smith should fall based on QB hungry teams, but my guess is Smith goes as top wr. But who are we kidding?  Howie would pass on him anyway

Lurie sounded like he isn't committed to the QBs we currently have. So, it's not impossible that our new HC might want a QB from the draft.  The direction of this team is very unclear right now.

9 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Miami takes Smith

Only way that doesn't happen is if Houston trades Watson to the Dolphins for Tua, #3 pick and whatever else they come up with.  Something I heard today. Not sure if it was radio heads trying to come up with something to talk about or if there is serious life to it. 

Just now, TheCorpseGroom said:

Only way that doesn't happen is if Houston trades Watson to the Dolphins for Tua, #3 pick and whatever else they come up with.  Something I heard today. Not sure if it was radio heads trying to come up with something to talk about or if there is serious life to it. 

Lot of bs. How much of it is real? Who knows

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

Lot of bs. How much of it is real? Who knows

Exactly.  Guess we have a couple of months to see what happens.  Hate that the draft is late April. 

3 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

He just dislocated his finger. So, now he will drop to 6. 🤫

Hahaha.

I thought it was more like a hit to the head. 

1 minute ago, TheCorpseGroom said:

Exactly.  Guess we have a couple of months to see what happens.  Hate that the draft is late April. 

Hahaha.

I thought it was more like a hit to the head. 

Agreed. Wish it was early April still

33 minutes ago, Heavywchamp said:

Chase has never touched anyone like Smith has done this year. Smith was a stud last year as well alongside Juedy and Ruggs

Recency bias. Don’t get me wrong, Smith is great but I still think Chase is the better NFL prospect overall. 

15 minutes ago, NVeagle said:

Too fragile for the NFL.

Ronnie Lott woulda cut that finger the F off and gone back in. 

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Exactly.  Smith is a toothpick.  One big NFL hit and he will be concussion protocol for the rest of his career.

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Eagles fans as a whole are just so damn stupid 

Anymore doubters on Devonta Smith? Anyone? Good lord he's special. Screw Chase.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mattmcginley7 said:

Eagles fans as a whole are just so damn stupid 

I was being sarcastic. 

2 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Anymore doubters on Devonta Smith? Anyone? Good lord he's special. Screw Chase.

I think either would be a tremendous boost to our offense.  

3 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

The one great concern isn't his skills, it's his build

Toothpick Man Photogram Painting by Troy Thomas

Is that a BDN stick figure?  Tripod!

• Haha 2

Please Howie don't F this up. Take either Smith or Chase at 6 if one is still available. It's almost impossible to F this up.

24 minutes ago, John Blutarski said:

Please Howie don't F this up. Take either Smith or Chase at 6 if one is still available. It's almost impossible to F this up.

I don't want to draft yet another QB high (I think we need to see what we have with Wentz and Hurts ... can a new coaching staff get the best out of either?).  I don't think Sewell will be there (and honestly am glad ... he'd be a great pick but not exactly address one of our biggest positions of need).  I don't think there is a lot of separation between the projected top tier CBs Surtain or Farley (who I am not as high on as some others) compared to some in that next tier (Samuel Jr, Horn, Campbell).  So I want either Chase, Smith, or Parsons with 6 and then one of those 2nd tier CBs with 37.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I don't want to draft yet another QB high (I think we need to see what we have with Wentz and Hurts ... can a new coaching staff get the best out of either?).  I don't think Sewell will be there (and honestly am glad ... he'd be great pick but not exactly address one of our biggest positions of need).  I don't think there is a lot of separation between the projected top tier CBs Surtain or Farley (who I am not as high on as some others) compared to some in that next tier (Samuel Jr, Horn, Campbell).  So I want either Chase, Smith, or Parsons with 6 and then one of those 2nd tier CBs with 37.  

I agree. I value WR a bit higher than CB mostly due to the need for high powered offense and just how the league/rules are more in a WR favor and against CB. 

If one of these two WRs is available at 6 you take them for sure. Then with 37 go for CB or BPA defensive player.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, VeeMak said:

Is that a BDN stick figure?  Tripod!

HAHA!

Our Captain's Log is BACK!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

The one great concern isn't his skills, it's his build

Toothpick Man Photogram Painting by Troy Thomas

Exactly.  The kid is a beast but being 6'1 175 lbs scares the hell out of me.  He'll be subject to injuries and how is he going to get off a jam at the line?