The Sirianni Hot Seat

Captain F

2 hours ago, What The F said:

Discuss all things that will end his tenure.  

Refusal to run the ball?  Playcalling?  

Time's yours. 

He's in over his head.....bigtime!!

Beat Dallas?  Are you kidding me??  Any coach worth a damn does not do anything to fire up their opponent.

• Thanks 2

9% run plays is the 4th lowest in 15 years, and 35 penalties in their first 3 games is an NFL record.   Devonta Smith running slants tonight?  
Siriani is trending, but it’s down, not up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, What The F said:

He called 3 run plays tonight.  

3. Run. Plays.  

I mean we can talk about 3 games not being enough and most of our recent coaches have had games where they've given up on the run too early, but Jesus the running game last night is inexcusable and deeply worrying, refusing to call a few runs to keep the defense honest when the passing game is clearly struggling is like failing coaching 101. 

• Like 2

One thing I am absolutely adamant on, regardless of any roster issues, if Sirianni can't improve on this level of gameplanning by seasons end, it would be criminally negligent to let Howie spend three high first rounders next draft, because there's no way a GM can survive this many coaches, this many draft misfires and the godawful cap management any further, eventually the buck has to stop with Howie or Lurie admits he's happy to just make money out of the franchise and doesn't much care if it wins or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1st year Head Coaches tend to struggle some, even if they've been a HC before.

1st time Head Coaches tend to struggle a great deal in year 1, especially if they have a young staff.

Truly learning from one's mistakes, like the clown level run/pass ration last night, is critical to a HC's development. The proof of that development is in never repeating that same mistake. 

We'll see.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, What The F said:

Probably.  But that will not stop daily, weekly, monthly,  criticism. 

Nor should it, when you do stupid crap. Wearing T shirts to antagonize other teams and give them more fuel against your team. Not establishing a balanced offense and relying on gimmicks. Talking about Rock, paper, scissors as a football strategy?!???!? I would much rather have a coach, who promises his very best, and win or lose shows that he tries to give it his all.

7 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

1st year Head Coaches tend to struggle some, even if they've been a HC before.

1st time Head Coaches tend to struggle a great deal in year 1, especially if they have a young staff.

And to be fair he's been given a rough schedule to start the year. I know a lot of fans thought the schedule worked out as it gets easier but I'd rather the other way around. I'd rather get off to a good start, get some confidence and then see. Instead they've now got to face KC on a short week after a beating by their most hated rivals. Not good. 

• Like 1

I’m sure he at least gets 2 seasons. Lurie is not usually so quick to fire someone. But he looks complete lost and over matched. It’s pretty much what most of us expected.

7 hours ago, Birdman said:

crazier things have happened, but with KC coming off that tough loss...this team is going to get throttled. 

Yep. Mahomes may throw  5 TD passes 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

One thing I am absolutely adamant on, regardless of any roster issues, if Sirianni can't improve on this level of gameplanning by seasons end, it would be criminally negligent to let Howie spend three high first rounders next draft, because there's no way a GM can survive this many coaches, this many draft misfires and the godawful cap management any further, eventually the buck has to stop with Howie or Lurie admits he's happy to just make money out of the franchise and doesn't much care if it wins or not.

If they tank this season, Howie is gone.   Even Lurie has his limits.

We need a real QB first before we can judge him.  Sorry but I feel like the offense is limited with Hurts.  He can make plays as a runner but he sucks as a passer.

• Like 1

His "Dog Mentality" catchphrase makes me want to vomit. It means nothing when it come to winning football games.

• Thanks 1

in the post game press conference, it sounded like Siri wishes he had Dak as his QB, or wanted to ask him out on a date.  Stop gushing over Cowboy scum Siri!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

Fans who didn't expect a bad season :roll:

I did but then Atlanta gave me some false hope. 

40 minutes ago, Chester Copperpot said:

in the post game press conference, it sounded like Siri wishes he had Dak as his QB, or wanted to ask him out on a date.  Stop gushing over Cowboy scum Siri!

The whole night was a Dak suck fest from everyone. Like he was the only one ever to break his leg. Was gross. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I did but then Atlanta gave me some false hope. 

The whole night was a Dak suck fest from everyone. Like he was the only one ever to break his leg. Was gross. 

I was hoping that POS would break it again.

1 hour ago, jolsonal said:

His "Dog Mentality" catchphrase makes me want to vomit.

All his catch phrase stuff is silly.  But, we sure are attacking injured reserve.

Well, at this rate, the Eagles are looking at two high picks in the first round - and likely the second round. 

I think the jury is still out on our new coaching staff. This is there first season with a team that need a lot of work. Hopefully we see some improvement as the season progresses, but it will probably take a few years before the coaches get the team they want.

5 minutes ago, West_Philly said:

I think the jury is still out on our new coaching staff. This is there first season with a team that need a lot of work. Hopefully we see some improvement as the season progresses, but it will probably take a few years before the coaches get the team they want.

Coaches won't get a few years if this is how things are going to playout.