The Sirianni Hot Seat

Captain F

On 9/29/2021 at 5:29 PM, nipples said:

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if the directive to go pass heavy is coming from upstairs. Howie/Lurie want to know what they have in Hurts, so they want him throwing the ball plenty. 

It’s too bad because I legitimately believe that Sanders could be a 1200-1400 yard runner I’d he actually got a decent number of touches. 

Our offensive line is falling apart. We should run the ball. But my expectations for this whole season is kaput.(Dead)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Procus said:

I recall reading somewhere that Sanders was a bit nicked up last week.

He got butt splinters from being confined to the bench.

No excuses for Siri. He shows a better game plan, or he still does off the wall sh_it. I'll turn on him if he doesn't show improvement in the next 4, 5 weeks. 🤣

"Less thinking equals more talent take over." - Sirianni

Where can I buy this shirt?

He’s going to end up doing nothing but run plays against Chiefs even if it doesn’t work out now lol

On 9/29/2021 at 5:29 PM, nipples said:

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if the directive to go pass heavy is coming from upstairs. Howie/Lurie want to know what they have in Hurts, so they want him throwing the ball plenty. 

It’s too bad because I legitimately believe that Sanders could be a 1200-1400 yard runner I’d he actually got a decent number of touches. 

Thats a bingo

On 9/29/2021 at 8:29 PM, nipples said:

All three RBs need more touches. Hurts needs to use them more (and stop hogging the runs himself),
and Sirianni needs to use them better.

Sanders is great when he catches a screen pass and has room to take off but he gets stuffed on just about every hand-off or lateral.
He's a speedster and somewhat slippery but he's not a real bruiser. Handing him the ball in the backfield is almost certainly a wasted down.

Gainwell is their toughest and most versatile RB. If there has to be a hand-off, I'd trust him the most.

Scott seems to have been ghosted. I'd much rather see him in the mix than see Hurts be our rushing leader.
As a MOBILE QB evading tackles Hurts is very impressive but as a RUNNING QB taking hit after hit he's going
to end up an NFL footnote like RG3. Possibly before he ever reaches his full potential.

After years of watching McNabb and Wentz, it's clear that after a QB takes a hard hit his passing accuracy goes
down on his next play or two, either due to being rattled mentally or pain that affects his throws. Again, that
translates into WASTED DOWNS, which this team cannot afford.

These are the subtle things that have been plaguing the birds for years.

17 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

A 1-16 season might be enough.

Nah. Giants are trash, they’ll beat them at least once and possible sweep. 

10 runs this week..  Thats a 200% increase from Week 3!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, What The F said:

10 runs this week..  Thats a 200% increase from Week 3!!

Trending in the right direction then.

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2021 at 4:31 PM, opa-opa said:

He's not trying to win, and the directive is coming from upstairs.

That is BS .

On 10/3/2021 at 6:32 PM, eaglegenius said:

All three RBs need more touches. Hurts needs to use them more (and stop hogging the runs himself),
and Sirianni needs to use them better.

What they need is a variety of RB types, for the most part Sanders = Gainwell, they need a downhill runner when the running is tough, forget abut the oooh and aaaah RBs, get a bruiser, then you'll have a oooh, and aaah, and a bamm!!

Sirianni is not a one year coach. He doesn’t rock the boat and he does exactly what he’s told to do by management. He’s getting at least two seasons. Funny everyone said after the Eagles won the Super Bowl everyone would be okay if they never won again, but the SB honeymoon has clearly worn off now. 😂

On 10/1/2021 at 5:24 PM, Traveler Vic said:

Our offensive line is falling apart. We should run the ball. But my expectations for this whole season is kaput.(Dead)

Don.t give up the season just yet .🙂

I don’t believe Sirianni is on the hot seat at all. In fact I believe when they hired him they expected him to do exactly what he’s doing. Besides this team has already said they’re retooling/rebuilding so they’re plans are bigger than just this season. I think he gets at least two seasons. Regardless of the win/loss totals for 2021 I think Sirianni is the coach come September 2022.

If they have that dooosh Chip Kelly (almost) 3 years, you can expect Sirianni will get the same unless the wheels completely fall off and we end up a 2-3 win team this year and next (which I don’t see happening).  

On 10/3/2021 at 4:31 PM, opa-opa said:

He's not trying to win, and the directive is coming from upstairs.

I truly doubt lurie is attending games to watch his team lose.

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If they have that dooosh Chip Kelly (almost) 3 years, you can expect Sirianni will get the same unless the wheels completely fall off and we end up a 2-3 win team this year and next (which I don’t see happening).  

There’s no way they get swept by the Giants, so that’s a third win at a minimum. I also don’t see Washington sweeping. 

Just now, EagleMatt said:

I truly doubt lurie is attending games to watch his team lose.

I can’t remember his exact phrasing but he basically acknowledged in his end of season press conference last year that it was going to be a rebuild. 

On 10/5/2021 at 8:51 PM, EagleVA said:

What they need is a variety of RB types, for the most part Sanders = Gainwell, they need a downhill runner when the running is tough, forget abut the oooh and aaaah RBs, get a bruiser, then you'll have a oooh, and aaah, and a bamm!!

Sanders and Gainwell are pretty different. 

On 10/5/2021 at 8:51 PM, EagleVA said:

I thought we had Howard?