The Sirianni Hot Seat

Captain F

5 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

We need a real QB first before we can judge him.  Sorry but I feel like the offense is limited with Hurts.  He can make plays as a runner but he sucks as a passer.

So Siri knows Hurts sucks as a passer, then proceeds to call a game plan that has the QB throw on every play but 3 for the entire 60 minutes?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

So Siri knows Hurts sucks as a passer, then proceeds to call a game plan that has the QB throw on every play but 3 for the entire 60 minutes?  

Yeah I agree.  I said before Siri needs to commit to running more.  But if he had a QB that can, you know, be accurate, things would have looked alot different last night.  Maybe we still lose but it would be alot closer.

I'm wondering if the short practices Siri touted during the off-season has led to more penalties. Maybe the players loosened the reins on their discipline a bit or maybe being sharper and more organized in longer practices would've cleaned up things like 12-men on the field.

We do know that the shorter practices hasn't helped to prevent injuries as the team has been hit hard with big injury losses.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mortimer said:

If they tank this season, Howie is gone.   Even Lurie has his limits.

don't be sure....It seems that Howie is almost a malignant narcissist..and one thing that they can do is deflect blame and rally sympathy at the same time...to the point where even the truth gets distorted and people start to believe the lies....and ultimately someone else gets the scape-goat mark...

Yeah, yeah. Reid started 0-4 year his first season, then was 2-7 at one point. How about giving the guy an actual chance?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

don't be sure....It seems that Howie is almost a malignant narcissist..and one thing that they can do is deflect blame and rally sympathy at the same time...to the point where even the truth gets distorted and people start to believe the lies....and ultimately someone else gets the scape-goat mark...

Yup, Howie already fired his scape goat to get through this season untouched. Firing Doug Pederson was to telling the world that he was the issue for the decline in this team. So now Howie gets to work his " magic" with a new coach. 

Firing Doug gave Howie another 2 years at least. 

• Like 1

The fastest way Siri's butt is out the door at the end of 2021, assuming a bad season, is if a coveted hot coaching candidate on the F.O. radar becomes available.

22 hours ago, Mortimer said:

If they tank this season, Howie is gone.   Even Lurie has his limits.

What you're not getting is that Howie is really just an extension of Lurie.  Howie is Lurie's way of being a GM without being a GM.  Chip Kelly's failure to grasp this was his undoing in Philly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flyerdog said:

I'm not sure of anything.  Just a feeling that if they are really bad this year, he finally pulls the plug on Howie. 

Every first time head coach is on the hot seat to prove themselves.  Most new head coaches fail.  

With all the changes we just have to see how things are at the end of the season.  Will they give up or persevere?  Will he lose the locker room or will they keep working hard?  Do they show improvement or getting worse?  Lots of season to go.

3 hours ago, Mortimer said:

I'm not sure of anything.  Just a feeling that if they are really bad this year, he finally pulls the plug on Howie. 

and it could happen...never say never...as I recall Joe Banner and Lurie are/were child hood friends...and Lurie canned him...so anything IS possible

4 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

and it could happen...never say never...as I recall Joe Banner and Lurie are/were child hood friends...and Lurie canned him...so anything IS possible

The director of operations for.the company I worked for fired his own mother lol. That wasn't a billion dollar company it was barely a million dollar company. So if someone can do that then Lurie can fire Howie lol. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Every first time head coach is on the hot seat to prove themselves.  Most new head coaches fail.  

With all the changes we just have to see how things are at the end of the season.  Will they give up or persevere?  Will he lose the locker room or will they keep working hard?  Do they show improvement or getting worse?  Lots of season to go.

How do you think that RB room feels right about now?... That room might already be lost. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The director of operations for.the company I worked for fired his own mother lol. That wasn't a billion dollar company it was barely a million dollar company. So if someone can do that then Lurie can fire Howie lol. 

oh DAMN!!! that's cold...guess that guy can kiss any "home cooked" meals goodbye!!!

question: Is Sirianni calling the plays or the OC?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, What The F said:

How do you think that RB room feels right about now?... That room might already be lost. 

I didn't see if Sanders did a post game PC, but Hurts was pretty obviously upset they didn't run as much.  

On 9/28/2021 at 5:51 PM, PoconoDon said:

Hey Siri...What's a run game?

Siri - "I can't answer that right now."

I found some more information on the web for you:

1. Picking up a girl (in some contexts guy, see 1a.) with the intent of using her for sex. Or in other words, using your game to run (on) a girl. It can also mean cheating on someone. 

2. In a general context, running game means cheating or otherwise playing someone for a fool.
1a. 50 cent (Ya Don't Love Me) - Tryna run game on me you punk ****, I know you don't love me. 
1b. Jhene (Dog) - Tryin run game on me you're a dog - thinkin you could cheat on me 
1c. Ciara (Pick Up the Phone) - run game on a rookie cuz I'm too sharp for that why, don't you pick up the phone? 

2. Wu-tang (Shame on a ****) - Shame on a ****, who try to run game on a ****...To the young youth, ya wanna get gun? Shoot!...Punk! You playing me, chump, you get DUMPED
  • Haha 1

On 9/28/2021 at 4:16 PM, time2rock said:

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if the directive to go pass heavy is coming from upstairs. Howie/Lurie want to know what they have in Hurts, so they want him throwing the ball plenty. 

It’s too bad because I legitimately believe that Sanders could be a 1200-1400 yard runner I’d he actually got a decent number of touches. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2021 at 9:48 PM, What The F said:

Discuss all things that will end his tenure.  

Refusal to run the ball?  Playcalling?  

Time's yours. 

Can’t be in the hot seat for calling the owner’s play sheet. This has the signs of Lurie’s meddling all over it. Lurie is pulling analytics from his ass and forcing Sirianni to be his b i tch.

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if the directive to go pass heavy is coming from upstairs. Howie/Lurie want to know what they have in Hurts, so they want him throwing the ball plenty. 

It’s too bad because I legitimately believe that Sanders could be a 1200-1400 yard runner I’d he actually got a decent number of touches. 

So Lurie/Howie are going to influence a pass heavy attack because they’re more interested in seeing Hurts prove himself as a passer, even though going super pass heavy puts him in a position to fail and doesn’t allow the new staff to truly implement their scheme?  That they would be pushing him to try to be successful even though in the worst possible circumstances and put the rest of the team in a position to fail as a result doesn’t make sense.  Not saying it can’t be true … if there is any truth to it we Eagles fans are so screwed … we’ll never see another championship with the two of them sitting at the top here.  

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

So Lurie/Howie are going to influence a pass heavy attack because they’re more interested in seeing Hurts prove himself as a passer, even though going super pass heavy puts him in a position to fail and doesn’t allow the new staff to truly implement their scheme?  That they would be pushing him to try to be successful even though in the worst possible circumstances and put the rest of the team in a position to fail as a result doesn’t make sense.  Not saying it can’t be true … if there is any truth to it we Eagles fans are so screwed … we’ll never see another championship with the two of them sitting at the top here.  

56957920.jpg

On 9/28/2021 at 3:16 PM, time2rock said:

Maybe Siri did this to evaluate Hurts and/or to show the powers that be (Lurie, Howie etc) that Hurts is not the answer

20 hours ago, West_Philly said:

Maybe Siri did this to evaluate Hurts and/or to show the powers that be (Lurie, Howie etc) that Hurts is not the answer

that would be interesting....I know Siri came from the Colts....maybe he will lobby Lurie to trade for a Colts QB.... 😁

• Haha 3

I recall reading somewhere that Sanders was a bit nicked up last week.

Still - whatever happened to Boston Scott?  Has he even taken  a snap this year?

• Thanks 1