The Sirianni Hot Seat

Captain F

I know we are only 5 games in to his tenure and I know he should be given more time. So I'm not going to suggest that they should fire him right now. But I think the time is fast coming (already) for him to give up play calling. He's really bad at it. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I know we are only 5 games in to his tenure and I know he should be given more time. So I'm not going to suggest that they should fire him right now. But I think the time is fast coming (already) for him to give up play calling. He's really bad at it. 

There is no fast coming he isn't getting fired in one year.  Nick has to dial up passes under Luries rules and so will the offensive coordinator who is also very young and has limited experience. 

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

There is no fast coming he isn't getting fired in one year.  Nick has to dial up passes under Luries rules and so will the offensive coordinator who is also very young and has limited experience. 

It is far more likely Lurie makes Sirianni make changes to his staff before he fires him.

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

It is far more likely Lurie makes Sirianni make changes to his staff before he fires him.

Yup just keep bringing In the guys that don't have a mind of their own and pass pass pass and pass some more. This franchise is effed

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yup just keep bringing In the guys that don't have a mind of their own and pass pass pass and pass some more. This franchise is effed

None of us should really be surprised by this. The Eagles gave up familiarity with Staley and the veteran presence of McDainiels for a complete unknown. 

Stephen Smith Sr nailed it in the post game commentary - Sirianni is coaching at a high school level.

And Joe Thomas echoed what I've been saying for weeks - the simple-minded hand-offs are pathetically predictable for the defense.

Sirianni is playing checkers while the other coaches play chess. And it looks like that's all he has in him.

1 minute ago, eaglegenius said:

Stephen Smith Sr nailed it in the post game commentary - Sirianni is coaching at a high school level.

And Joe Thomas echoed what I've been saying for weeks - the simple-minded hand-offs are pathetically predictable for the defense.

Sirianni is playing checkers while the other coaches play chess. And it looks like that's all he has in him.

He's a fraud. Hopefully they cut their losses and he is one and done. He can take the other fraud Gannon to the unemployment line with him.

On 10/12/2021 at 1:25 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Who are we kidding?  Lurie and Roseman are the HCs and Sirianni is part of the staff of young unqualified yes-men jumping on opportunities they wouldn't have otherwise gotten yet.  

1 minute ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Who are we kidding?  Lurie and Roseman are the HCs and Sirianni is part of the staff of young unqualified yes-men jumping on opportunities they wouldn't have otherwise gotten yet.  

At least in the past Lurie had his coaches hire veteran coaches too. They even forced Pederson to hire a bunch of guys last season too. I could see them forcing a veteran coordinator onto Sirianni or two. 

crap started going downhill when Lurie decided to start getting involved. 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

At least in the past Lurie had his coaches hire veteran coaches too. They even forced Pederson to hire a bunch of guys last season too. I could see them forcing a veteran coordinator onto Sirianni or two. 

Unfortunately I don't think that'll help. I mean I guess that experienced presence may help but I suspect the reality is that Sirianni isn't the answer. 

• Thanks 1

Siri never should have been hired because Doug never should have been fired.

Lowie canned Doug without any sort of plan and here we are.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2021 at 2:29 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree the time for him to go is fast approaching .

On 10/15/2021 at 4:09 AM, D-Shiznit said:

Siri never should have been hired because Doug never should have been fired.

Lowie canned Doug without any sort of plan and here we are.

Firing Doug as they did also broadcast to the league what kid of leadership this team has. If you were an accomplished coach (coordinator) with a strong network among NFL coaches to build a staff from, would you want to work for the meddling Philadelphia Eagles? I don't think any of them would. It's why they have to hire a Sirianni level coach and tout their not good enough QB as a real option to be the franchise QB they need. This team is destined for mediocrity at best, and that's only if they get a good FA haul at some point in the future, because they cannot draft very well and desperately need FA's to fill in on all of those misses.

On 10/12/2021 at 2:29 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What if I told you it takes about 5 years of experience to determine if a guy is a good game planner and play caller? Sirianni had zero experience when he was skipped past being a real Coordinator and up to HC. We honestly can't know right now what he will become in terms of a game planner and play caller, but what's clear is that he is a full fledged beginner at it.

Good times.

• Like 3

On 10/17/2021 at 3:32 PM, PoconoDon said:

What if I told you it takes about 5 years of experience to determine if a guy is a good game planner and play caller? Sirianni had zero experience when he was skipped past being a real Coordinator and up to HC. We honestly can't know right now what he will become in terms of a game planner and play caller, but what's clear is that he is a full fledged beginner at it.

Good times.

I think this is why the Eagles have been linked so often with Watson and some of these other veteran quarterbacks. Clearly the Eagles (with this coaching staff) need a veteran quarterback capable of overcoming the major issues of the HC and Coordinator. Look at how much they’re putting on Hurts despite he’s you and trying to overcome his own deficiencies. It’s almost like they’re putting the position up for display. See what a great quarterback can have if he comes to Philly!!! The offense will literally be just you! I wouldn’t put it past the FO brain trust and their smarter than everyone else mentally if this truly were the case. 

• Like 1

He doesn't belong in the NFL. Anyone who has eyes to see can see he is not an NFL coach. He also blames Gannon every week now. I have never seen an NFL coach do that, week after week. Siri is trying to save his own ass, when there is no ass to save!BOTH will be fired, or at least I hope so.

That hot seat should be in the seventh circle of hell by now. But it's Lurie and Howie so who knows? They wanted a yes man.