Siriani and Gannon are both total frauds

T-1000

On 10/15/2021 at 4:21 PM, eaglegenius said:

When Brady threw that incomplete pass on 4th down it looked to me like he did it deliberately, like he was trying to
keep the game interesting by making it look like the Eagles still had a chance, 
while he was confident he could finish
it off with a winning play anytime.

There were also a few spots in the game where it looked like the Bucs D were playing soft and that made me wonder
if they felt sorry for Hurts and wanted to help the little brother keep his job.

Ridiculous....please tell me you're joking?

On 10/16/2021 at 2:46 PM, Shalodeep said:

I think QB is the problem. This is the 4th offense he has created in 4 years with 4 different QBs. The man knows football. When you look at his success in creating custom fitted offenses, you need to ask yourself why he is struggling with this specific quarterback...and I think a great deal of that falls on the quarterback 

Agree.  We want to call Sirianni a fraud and bad hire then let's see the offense run with a real QB first.  If it still sucks then OK he's not a good HC.

Imagine being Sirianni and your success is tied to a RB trying to play QB.

On 10/16/2021 at 2:46 PM, Shalodeep said:

I think QB is the problem. This is the 4th offense he has created in 4 years with 4 different QBs. The man knows football. When you look at his success in creating custom fitted offenses, you need to ask yourself why he is struggling with this specific quarterback...and I think a great deal of that falls on the quarterback 

Why do we believe that Siri created those offenses, though?  What about the common denominator in the success of both the Eagles and the Colts, Frank Reich?

• Like 2

Keep Siriani today, fire Gannon tomorrow  and go get a coach the defense will at least respect in Marvin Lewis for the rest of the season.  Someone who’ll at least hold the players accountable, and with an idea on how to coach a defense.  Rob Ryan looks like his dad compared to Gannon right now, and he’s definitely on the spectrum like his brother. 

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

So the guy who accepted the penalty on 4th and 4 to give LV another 3rd down opportunity is criticizing Gannon.  What a clown.  He fits in perfectly with the 2 clowns above him.  

• Like 4

On 10/16/2021 at 4:12 PM, pallidrone said:

Siri has never called plays before. While he helped with the offense, it is not like he actually engineered a game. I do not believe the QB matters in all of this.

IMHO it is plain as day that he just does not have a clue right now on how to properly call a game. It is about disguising what you are doing and fooling the defense, and that is not happening.

Hopefully he will get better as the year goes on as the Eagles face bad teams.

Right, a lot of coaches have titles but not the responsibilities of the title.

Siri may have duped Lurie with the idea that he created 4 offenses but I can tell you now, he hasn't created a damn thing.  

This is not to say Hurts isn't a problem because he definitely is.

I do think it's time for Minshew. Let's evaluate the coach with a different QB and see what it looks like. Let's do it now so we have the rest of the season to decide if there is something worth keeping.

46 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Right, a lot of coaches have titles but not the responsibilities of the title.

Siri may have duped Lurie with the idea that he created 4 offenses but I can tell you now, he hasn't created a damn thing.  

This is not to say Hurts isn't a problem because he definitely is.

The issue now is that it is a chicken or egg situation. Does the scheme stink and that is why Hurts is playing poorly or is Hurts play making the scheme look bad?

Most likely it is a little bit of both right now.

• Like 2

Taking penalties when the other team would’ve punted the ball. An onside kick relying on the kicker to take a hit and recover the ball. Still putting too much on a quarterback who clearly isn’t ready for it. And Gannon just seems like he’s completely lost. The leaders on the team have basically given up. This team is a total mess right now, and the blame starts with the meddling FO that prevents any real coach to want to come here. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

The issue now is that it is a chicken or egg situation. Does the scheme stink and that is why Hurts is playing poorly or is Hurts play making the scheme look bad?

It’s a bit of both, but when it comes to the defense the scheme is absolutely the problem there. Not to say that the defense doesn’t lack some talent but this scheme is just atrocious. Both the offense and defensive schemes are severely lacking in creativity. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s a bit of both, but when it comes to the defense the scheme is absolutely the problem there. Not to say that the defense doesn’t lack some talent but this scheme is just atrocious. Both the offense and defensive schemes are severely lacking in creativity. 

Both the offense and defensive scheme's seem to be vanilla all the time. There is no blitzing, they play in the same base set the entire game. The offense barely puts players in motion, rarely runs the ball and never calls audibles.

I want to blame these players but it is hard when it seems like they are just set up for failure.

• Like 2

Biggest reason they're frauds? They both come in saying they were going to design a new scheme tailored to their personnel, but they're clearly married to the schemes they brought in in the first place.

Gannon is like an additional offensive coordinator for the opposition at this point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This thread is the truth. BOTH of these guys are not ready for NFL prime time players. They are NOT NFL coaches. I am not even bashing them here. I am simply stating the truth- these guys ARE frauds and do not belong in the positions they are in, and maybe the NFL itself. Maybe not even college.

2 hours ago, pallidrone said:

I agree, they're both equally bad.

18 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Nick may survive because players are getting open at least. Don't know how Gannon can survive

It's what I've been saying. Nick's scheme may not be great, but people getting open says it's working at some level. Just not getting the ball there is the huge problem

Chip Kelly was a fraud. These guys are severely not ready for the position they have been placed in. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 11:29 AM, EazyEaglez said:

Doesnt even need to be creative just let them play aggressive for Christ sakes. You are getting ripped the eff apart anyways let them go down swinging

• Like 3

Team is looking to him to be a leader and the flower thing is him playing an air banjo and banging on the glass in Dallas before the game.

19 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Chip Kelly was a fraud. These guys are severely not ready for the position they have been placed in. 

Sirianni might just be a dope and a silly hire. There was ton of hype with Gannon being an up and coming defensive coach in the league though. There was even talk about him potentially being a head coaching candidate in a year or two. So yeah, he's a fraud.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 2:57 PM, Mike030270 said:

Nick may survive because players are getting open at least. Don't know how Gannon can survive

Honestly, I don't see anyone getting open worth a damn except Watkins and Hurts rarely looks his way, I'm thinking Siri should plant more flowers.