GDT: Los Angeles Chargers @ Philadelphia Eagles, 11-7-21 4:05PM EST

EagleJoe8

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm saying there's a chance if Gannon gets fired this week. 

As much as I hate to say it, Gannon isn't going to get fired. 

He was a highly coveted hire by the FO, Siri will go before him. 

1 minute ago, Gannan said:

Lack of defensive talent cost them this one. These linebackers are brutal.

They've been brutal for years a decent DC can cover for bad linebackers to an extent, Gannon has his DT's playing 4 technique leaving a gap that exposes the LB's a little bit more to a team that's running, and if you have LB's cheating up to stop a run up the gut with an opponent who has a good QB they'll gash you over the middle with dinky dunk passes all day, and ironically even cheating up our LB's couldn't stop Jim Brown.... and that dudes 85 years old.

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

A game of numbers and Howie seems to have more problems than others with counting.

I mean, counting is the only thing we can be fairly sure he's good at. 

I don't endorse any of the theories about his relationships, but I wouldn't be too surprised to hear Lurie talking about wanting a GM with emotional intelligence.  

1 minute ago, Birdman said:

I mean I'm not sold on Siri but dam that says it all about this FO. Gannon is a fraud and a chump.

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Nor would I.  

Realistically, he could BPA and fill a need every time.  This team lacks so much talent.

Order of priority should be LB, CB, S 

No more cute picks or project players, this crap has to end...

My biggest fear is that the players just give up because of the coaching staff. I saw a lot of frustration on the sideline tonight. It’s got to suck to practice all week, play your ass off and lose because of a horrendous scheme. I fear it will get worse for this team until something is done about our coaches. 

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

They've been brutal for years a decent DC can cover for bad linebackers to an extent, Gannon has his DT's playing 4 technique leaving a gap that exposes the LB's a little bit more to a team that's running, and if you have LB's cheating up to stop a run up the gut with an opponent who has a good QB they'll gash you over the middle with dinky dunk passes all day, and ironically even cheating up our LB's couldn't stop Jim Brown.... and that dudes 85 years old.

Ignoring the LBs for years is definitely shining through with this scheme.  I'm guessing they go hard in free agency this year at that position.

6 minutes ago, Lman said:

Gannon looks like a pusssy

No Looks to it he is a ****

2 minutes ago, 97is said:

We didn't force a single punt... 

Denver shouldn’t dress their punter next week. It would show the ultimate disrespect to Gannon and his joke of his abilities. 

3 minutes ago, Birdman said:

Order of priority should be LB, CB, S 

No more cute picks or project players, this crap has to end...

I can't imagine that they go LB early, but it is definitely a position of need.  I can see it being a big FA push.

I'd say it is QB, SB, S, or RT in no particular order.

5 minutes ago, Birdman said:

I doubt he gets fired but he’s only here because Siri brought him here from Indy 

Jordan Love,  first round draft pick given time to sit and learn,  starting for the 7-1 Packers.  Just throws an INT, and the Packers have 0 points so far, in the 4th quarter. 

Just now, PhiEaglesWin07 said:

Devonta Smith is gonna be very good when he gets a real QB.

He's already really good but yeah he's going to be a legit top WR.

The only thing I can think is that on that last drive the game plan from Gannon was to hope for a blocked FG.

If that was his game plan on the last drive, he should be assessed for a disability. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The only thing I can think is that on that last drive the game plan from Gannon was to hope for a blocked FG.

The "Needle in a Haystack" plan, you say?

Just now, Columbus Eagle said:

If that was his game plan on the last drive, he should be assessed for a disability. 

I don't see what else it could be? He did nothing other than let them chew clock and force us to burn TOs. Get aggressive, if they score quick you get the ball back with an offense that was producing. Mix in the blitz. Sure it exposes us but who knows maybe it forces something. 

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

The "Needle in a Haystack" plan, you say?

That's the one... I don't see what else it could have been? I mean seriously what was that utter ish. It was gutless.

He's already really good but yeah he's going to be a legit top WR.

Just imagine if we have a more complete QB that can move the safeties with his eyes and create more opportunities for him.  He is legit, but a better QB maximizes everyone's talent.

21 minutes ago, Gannan said:

Lack of defensive talent cost them this one. These linebackers are brutal.

Don't forget the safeties too.

Bu-bu-bu-but...  We almost won!  If there was a trophy for moral victories or at least a Participation Trophy, we'd totally get that.  <_<

Archived