GDT: Los Angeles Chargers @ Philadelphia Eagles, 11-7-21 4:05PM EST

EagleJoe8

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't see what else it could be? He did nothing other than let them chew clock and force us to burn TOs. Get aggressive, if they score quick you get the ball back with an offense that was producing. Mix in the blitz. Sure it exposes us but who knows maybe it forces something. 

I can’t believe it either. It was the most frustrating 6 minutes of football I’ve witnessed in a very long time. I’ll be curious to find out what was going through his head during the press conference. Whatever the reason is, it’s asinine. 

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Just imagine if we have a more complete QB that can move the safeties with his eyes and create more opportunities for him.  He is legit, but a better QB maximizes everyone's talent.

Bud your hammering the point home to the wrong person. I'm already in agreement with you. He had a good game today but we still saw the same issues. 

1 minute ago, Columbus Eagle said:

I can’t believe it either. It was the most frustrating 6 minutes of football I’ve witnessed in a very long time. I’ll be curious to find out what was going through his head during the press conference. Whatever the reason is, it’s asinine. 

I'll tell you what was going through his head... Nothing. He's not got it. He's not got the balls to be a DC, certainly not in this city. 

Have a good evening, fellow EMBers.  It may be better tomorrow....but more likely, it won't be.  We'll still suck.

Wow Siri almost threw Gannon under the Bus, then thought better of it.

Did Gannon play to your Satisfaction?

When you play a good QB you have to be on your A-game…

7 minutes ago, PhiEaglesWin07 said:

Devonta Smith is gonna be very good when he gets a real QB.

yes we need a qb that can score 60 points a game because our defense cant make stops got it.

1 minute ago, Infam said:

Wow Siri almost threw Gannon under the Bus, then thought better of it.

Did Gannon play to your Satisfaction?

When you play a good QB you have to be on your A-game…

What game do other teams have to bring when they play our QB?

That's it.  I'm out of here.

One positive: Sirianni is learning.  I know it's only two games but I like the fact that he has committed to the run.

That was brutal. We just saw the best we could possibly play, and it still wasn’t good enough. It’s hard to be excited about anything with this team. 

Honestly this for the first time felt like this is something to build off. It was a loss, but I felt like I saw some improvement today. 

Smith is about 18 yards shy of Reagor's career yardage to date in his 9th game.

Smith has 5 games over 60 yards and two 100 yard games, Reagor has yet to break 55 yards (Justin Jefferson has broken 60 yards in almost every game he's ever played), Reagor wasn't even worth a second day pick.

1 hour ago, GeorgeM37 said:

ohhhh I gotcha....totally agree with that. And THAT has been my problem with the receivers we have picked since forever. As much as I hate the cowgirls, they always get it right with big, physical receivers and we always seem to get the lightweights......I HATE these smallish receivers that we always choose....

The Chargers has a 6’8” dude out there. I think their smallest guy is 6’1”. Our receivers just aren’t that big, and say what you want, but the passing windows and receiver radius for Hebert with those guys aren’t the same as the ones for Hurts and this team. 

Oh yeah, another QB we allowed to complete over 80% of their passes. I wonder what the record for most QBs in a season to pass for over 80% against a defense is? We’ve got to be on pace to break that. 

Just now, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Smith has 5 games over 60 yards and two 100 yard games, Reagor has yet to break 55 yards (Justin Jefferson has broken 60 yards in almost every game he's ever played), Reagor wasn't even worth a second day pick.

His only opportunities are blown plays thrown to him 5 yards behind the line. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well he went pass heavy and I'm sure to all of our surprise it actually worked. Nice drive there. 

These last two drives by Hurts he looked much better as a runner and passer to me. Maybe just maybe he’s starting to turn the corner. We will see, but his last two drives were very impressive.

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

With a more capable qb, reagor might be better

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Honestly this for the first time felt like this is something to build off. It was a loss, but I felt like I saw some improvement today. 

You’re the only one

5 minutes ago, QuinnWR4 said:

That was brutal. We just saw the best we could possibly play, and it still wasn’t good enough. It’s hard to be excited about anything with this team. 

The Cowboys game was brutal. The Raiders game was brutal. This was actually promising. Remember this was a 4 win team. 

Just now, olsilverhair said:

You’re the only one

They didn’t quit. They fought back. They lowered their penalties. The quarterback made plays in more than just garbage time. The defense could have been better, but still made some big 4th down stops. They played a better team and hung in there. Did you think this Eagles team was elite or something?

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Cowboys game was brutal. The Raiders game was brutal. This was actually promising. Remember this was a 4 win team. 

It was brutal for me in the fact that I feel like the Eagles maxed out today. I don’t think they’re possible of playing better than what they did today, and they still lost. So when you look at them, where do you realistically improve this season? It’s brutal knowing this is it and it’s not going to get any better this year. 

3 minutes ago, olsilverhair said:

With a more capable qb, reagor might be better

He had Carson Wentz last year and he was so bad everyone said Wentz had nothing but bums at WR.

I've been saying it Siriani isn't the problem. He is working with a high school qb and getting it done. Gannon is a clown who has learned nothing 

7 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

His only opportunities are blown plays thrown to him 5 yards behind the line. 

Yeah it's weird they don't use him more his lack of speed, separation and blocking ability should be a real asset. Even in college people blamed Reagor's lack of production on the QB.

Just now, 97is said:

I've been saying it Siriani isn't the problem. Gannon is a clown who has learned nothing 

I feel better about Siri after this game. Gannon needs to be locked in a closet and never let out again. 

Just now, QuinnWR4 said:

It was brutal for me in the fact that I feel like the Eagles maxed out today. I don’t think they’re possible of playing better than what they did today, and they still lost. So when you look at them, where do you realistically improve this season? It’s brutal knowing this is it and it’s not going to get any better this year. 

What at most did you actually expect from this team this year? You thought they were going from a 4 win team to an 11 win team with a new coach and quarterback? When the Eagles went from Rhodes to Reid they went from a 3 win team to a 5 win team. That’s kind of the norm for most situations. You can’t always expect the jump to 10 wins we got from Kelly. This felt finally like a football team. 

Archived