GDT: Los Angeles Chargers @ Philadelphia Eagles, 11-7-21 4:05PM EST

EagleJoe8

6 hours ago, proveagle said:

There was no pressure on Herbert most of the game and he completed 84.2% of his passes for 356 yards and 2 TDs.  Lots of zone and people playing 10+ yards off when its 3rd and 5.  And they gave up big plays anyway.

This team needs to invest heavily in D next season

Yes, and thankfully there are great defensive players to be had in the next draft.

But all you folks dissing the D for this game need to remember we shut them down twice on 4+1 and came within a hair's breadth
of winning this game. It was clearly a situation where whoever had the ball last with a reasonable amount of time would take it.

The team did much better than I expected against a very good team. And that includes the coaches. I'm happy they're showing improvement.
We weren't going to make the play-offs anyway.

31 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Nice try. It's clear that you instantly get hard and start fapping away in a frenzy when he comes up.  I'd just hate for your Mom to walk in at the wrong time and see you "enjoying yourself" so vigorously.   He's gone.  Let your unhealthy obsession go, before someone slips and falls.

To be fair someone tried to blame Reagor being trash on 'not having a good QB' and I pointed out he had Wentz last year and he was still trash 

11 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

Yes, and thankfully there are great defensive players to be had in the next draft.

But all you folks dissing the D for this game need to remember we shut them down twice on 4+1 and came within a hair's breadth
of winning this game. It was clearly a situation where whoever had the ball last with a reasonable amount of time would take it.

The team did much better than I expected against a very good team. And that includes the coaches. I'm happy they're showing improvement.

100% this, we were never going anywhere this year but the offense is better and more balanced and we actually hung in there, sustained drives and didn't turn it over against a team that are way better than the Lions.

That is progress from where we were last season.

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

These last two drives by Hurts he looked much better as a runner and passer to me. Maybe just maybe he’s starting to turn the corner. We will see, but his last two drives were very impressive.

We shall see. I suspect this is how he's going to be as a player. Some games it'll come together for him, some games he's going to look lost. But it would be great if he could be the man, or at least be good enough that they don't need to address the QB position in this draft. 

6 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

With Gannon, I don't think that's the case at all. The one thing this defense can be counted on is death by a thousand cuts. The scheme is passive is every single regard

What I don't get is why he plays so soft? He has a better secondary than Schwartz did. Slay is a very good CB and Nelson is a good CB #2. Why so passive?

Well I have to rewatch the very end of the eagles game because I was falling asleep by the end.  I know the score and how it ended it’s just I need to rewatch the end. Well yesterday was the definition of "any given Sunday” in the NFL. Some bizarre results. The cowboys got blown out which is always a plus. The giants won. And I’ve not seen anything other than the highlights but Jordan love doesn’t look up to much on the evidence of last night. 

1 hour ago, EaglesIreland said:

Well I have to rewatch the very end of the eagles game because I was falling asleep by the end.  I know the score and how it ended it’s just I need to rewatch the end. Well yesterday was the definition of "any given Sunday” in the NFL. Some bizarre results. The cowboys got blown out which is always a plus. The giants won. And I’ve not seen anything other than the highlights but Jordan love doesn’t look up to much on the evidence of last night. 

Want some advice bud? Don't watch it back. The end was so infuriating and to be honest demoralising. 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What I don't get is why he plays so soft? He has a better secondary than Schwartz did. Slay is a very good CB and Nelson is a good CB #2. Why so passive?

It's the damnedest thing how these defensive coaches work.  Pure system....just jam that square peg into a round hole.  Schwartz was the same way.

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

It's the damnedest thing how these defensive coaches work.  Pure system....just jam that square peg into a round hole.  Schwartz was the same way.

But what square peg are they jamming in a round hole with Gannon?

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But what square peg are they jamming in a round hole with Gannon?

That's not exactly how it works in the traditional NFL world.  Howie and Lurie signed on for a specific system that Gannon runs.  They now also signed on to supply him with the players to run it.  Clearly, his program requires LBs, which we don't have.  

That is something that I dislike about the NFL.  Billy Davis did the same thing when he switched us to a 3-4 with 4-3 players.  Then Schwartz with the Wide 9.  The real problem is a lack of flexibility with the coaches to try to scheme to the talent.

Also, we all knew this would be a crap year of seeing what we have.  Same goes for the defense, so this should have been expected.

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Want some advice bud? Don't watch it back. The end was so infuriating and to be honest demoralising. 

Well to be clear I saw the ending it’s just I didn’t see how they got there fully. I mean it’s probably only a few minutes in all honesty.

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We shall see. I suspect this is how he's going to be as a player. Some games it'll come together for him, some games he's going to look lost. But it would be great if he could be the man, or at least be good enough that they don't need to address the QB position in this draft. 

Don’t really know why people think quarterbacks are consistently good all the time. Just last week the same Herbert the dopes around here have been fawning over was struggling. There is no quarterback who is good all the time. Pat Mahomes is having his worst season ever. Wentz was never consistent when he was here. Hurts will likely never be some elite passing quarterback. He might not even the quarterback after this season so there is no point in trying to over analyze what he can’t or won’t be able to do. I think the Eagles are starting to figure out what he can do well and are learning how to use those abilities properly. It’s a slow process, because the Eagles have coaches who are also learning how to be coaches themselves. All these people are crying how they wanted to rebuild are crying about the team being rebuilt. It all takes time.

Can't put this L on the players. I'd blame defensive play calling... hard to win with 1 hand tied behind your back on defense. 

11 hours ago, eaglegenius said:

It‘s true. I think we do have a decent team.

Makes it worse to see them losing by stupidity though.. Mister "JG" does need to call it smarter. And frankly, he needs to grow a pair.

11 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Surprisingly I don’t think Gannon played this game soft. He even sent CB blitzes at the Chargers. What I saw was the Chargers receivers just made our secondary look like dwarfs. I mean they have 6’8” guys out there catching passes. The Catch radius for these guys must be insane. I do wonder about Fletcher Cox though. He might be cooked now. He doesn’t seem to get much pressure anymore and he asked to be pulled a lot sooner in games than he used to be. I thought the line played the run well, but struggles to get pressure on Herbert. The linebackers played active, but are still young. I thought Epps at safety played well,and Slay going out really hurt the defense. 

Archived