Who has the best cheesesteak in Philly?

Mlodj

Tony Luke's but not the one at the Deptford mall, Oh and never get chinese food from there ever!! or Burger king

Used to be Kirbys Deli on Amber and Susquehanna...but they probably burned down by now.

13 hours ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

Tony Luke's but not the one at the Deptford mall, Oh and never get chinese food from there ever!! or Burger king

Tony Luke's is hands down the worse cheesteak I ever had. The one on Oregon Ave made me want to throw up. 

I like John's, but the use a loaf of bread and tear out half the bread method just bothers me. Excellent steak. Good bread, but not a steak roll.

Delassandro's was my go to, but the family sold it. I went back and they were dumping bags of pre-sliced stuff out - so I stopped going there.

I don't like the tear it into squares places like Steve's Prince of Steaks. It is a good sammy, but I like it shredded. Pat's and Geno's are both trash, but worth the show if you go, half drunk, at 2am. Jim's is good, ****'s is good, Tony Luke's is good.

Oregon? steaks down by the stadium with the blue painted tables out front is really good. Lately been getting them from Fiesta III in Chestnut Hill. Not the best, but the best around here.

Goombahs up past Montgomeryville is good too.

• Like 2

Gooey Louies isn't bad; the steak sammiches are absolutely packed with meat.  The place is a PITA to find though.

Joe's (formerly ****'s)

Press — Joe's Steaks + Soda Shop

Steve's

Philly Market Cafe: The True Prince of Steaks

John's Roast Pork

Best Cheesesteak in Philadelphia According to the Locals - City Walker

Angelos (Never had, myself, but people whose opnions I trust say they might be the best in the city)

Angelo's Pizzeria South Philly on Twitter: "Cheesesteak Cooper ...

Woodrow's

Get these trending Philadelphia restaurants on your radar today ...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Tony Luke's is hands down the worse cheesteak I ever had. The one on Oregon Ave made me want to throw up. 

It has been a bit since I went there, maybe it has changed

14 hours ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

I had it a few years ago and it still haunts me. 

They are all the same with a few variations that make the other one slightly better

To be honest, even a Pat's cheesesteak at 2am is pretty good. It helps to be drunk. In fact, if you weren't drunk, you wouldn't be at Pat's at 2am.

Living here, every time family and friends come back to Philly, getting a cheesesteak is part of the equation. Always different places. One HAS to go to McNally's for a Schmitter.

Another Delassandro's. Or Steve's. Or Jim's.

• Like 2

If I had the best cheesesteak, I would eat it.  Then I would no longer have it.

'Cause you can't have your cheesesteak and eat it too.

• Like 2

My favorite was Dalessandro's, but havent had it in a few years so might have changed. Lately Ive been ordering the Tiger Steak (steak, chicken, bacon) from Masterpiece Grill here in Conshohocken, pretty solid. 

My current favorite though is the Triple Prime Cheesesteak at the Pepper Mill out in West Chester, PA. Love it there.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 8:33 AM, BirdsFanBill said:

My favorite was Dalessandro's, but havent had it in a few years so might have changed. Lately Ive been ordering the Tiger Steak (steak, chicken, bacon) from Masterpiece Grill here in Conshohocken, pretty solid. 

My current favorite though is the Triple Prime Cheesesteak at the Pepper Mill out in West Chester, PA. Love it there.

Interesting

I had the triple cheese cheesesteak there that was real good

Never tried the premium meat cheesesteaks

They got like 10 different cheesesteak variations there

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 7:40 AM, 20dawk4life said:

I get Italian pork sammiches there only.

I like steve's and delasandros. both ends of the spectrum there when it comes to chopped meat vs sliced.

On 4/22/2020 at 7:40 AM, 20dawk4life said:

I used to work at 17th and Market and there was a Tony Luke's near it. Worst cheesesteak I've ever had in Pennsylvania. 

The worst I've ever had is Claymont Steak Shop in Delaware. Holy hell it's gross. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You guys are a bunch of pssys.  Tony Luke's is fine.  

i put them even with pats. garbage.

that said, you hand me one of them, its not like i will turn it down. especially if i have the munchies. which is often.

19 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Good for you.  You’re an idiot.  

your funhole get a lil sand in it, princess ? you seem really sensitive about tony lukes.

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2020 at 3:34 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Oregon's was my dad's joint.

Oregon Steaks was my last Philly cheesesteak this past fall with my dad and a buddy of mine after a concert at WF. My dad picked the place, just trying to think of an easy spot that'd be open on the way out of the city. I liked the setting right there on the streetside, and they were doing good business after 12 AM. It had an authentic feel to it. I hadn't ever had them before, at least not that I could remember. Maybe it was the stomach full of beer after a long day, but damn, that steak was on point.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2020 at 3:48 PM, Joe Hunter 73 said:

I hear people on here trash it a surprising amount, but I've never had a bad steak from them. I've only ever gone to the original location, though. If I'm in the area, they're an easy choice.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 12:45 AM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It’s one of the popular places.  So naturally you get some hipster wannabes trash it.  They are good.  

I'm far from a hipster. Tony Luke's is garbage. Would be hot garbage but the Fing steak wasn't hot. 

8 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

2F31BF98-35ED-4195-AE30-E0CE984CA67E.jpeg

Well let’s see. No glasses. No dog, getting a golden retriever hopefully this year or next. Don’t know where to buy vinyl and never would. Always wear socks. One tattoo dedicated to my uncle and I’m a man so yea I have a facial hair. Also tony lukes sucks arse ghey boy.