GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Jets, 12-5-21, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He really did though. He throws an accurate pass pretty consistently. Hurts does not. 

No he didn‘t consistently throw an accurate pass. And he didn‘t have a single throw that was amazing.

I am glad our guys finally catch catchable balls though, and I really like Minshew always did.

But no, he is not a better passer despite his great stats today.

1 minute ago, hoosierdaddy said:

LOL!!! F it! I'm all in now!! #7 seed here we come!!!!

Actually as of now they are the 7th seed

1 minute ago, Boogyman said:

They are the same. They both suck. 

Minshew is a better QB than Hurts and it's really not close.

Minshew is absolutely a better pure passer. He sees the field better. Makes more throws than Jalen. Jalen adds the running element, but in the NFL passing > running QB all day long, so yes I'd say all things considered Minshew is better than Jalen.

Still, they're both high-end #2 QBs at the best.

Just now, Joe Shades 73 said:

I will take either one instead of trading all draft picks for someone else

I wouldn't go that far. Depends on if either show anything over the next few games. We got a pretty good sample of what Hurts can do. Let's see what the other guy can can over the next few games.

11 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I haven't been able to follow anything at all, is Hurts really hurt or was tha just an excuse to bench him?

Little of both I suspect. Hurts' ankle is injured, not a good thing for a quarterback whose primary talent is running.

1 minute ago, hoosierdaddy said:

Minshew is absolutely a better pure passer. He sees the field better. Makes more throws than Jalen. Jalen adds the running element, but in the NFL passing > running QB all day long, so yes I'd say all things considered Minshew is better than Jalen.

Still, they're both high-end #2 QBs at the best.

Oh I agree. I'd still prefer to stay with the guy who just played a very good game. And yes I understand the Jets are bad. That's all the more reason to let Minshew play, see if he can be effective in our offense against better defenses.

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

No he didn‘t consistently throw an accurate pass. And he didn‘t have a single throw that was amazing.

I am glad our guys finally catch catchable balls though, and I really like Minshew always did.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's a great point! Giants are trash, in fact their defense (given the injuries in the secondary) may be worse. Let's also not forget Minshew did that today without a full week's practice as the starter. 

The Giants are giving up an average QB rating of 86.6. The Jets? 107.0.

Giants are allowing 6.7 y/a. Jets? 8.2.

8 minutes ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

As the last seed. But does it matter? All it does it hurt their draft spot when they get annihilated by the 2 seed.

Yes it matters. I get at least one more game to watch.  

5 minutes ago, Infam said:

Yes he is.

2 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Yes it matters. I get at least one more game to watch.  

I don't understand people that don't want to make the playoffs. 

10 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

That's my guess. Off season may be interesting though.

They'll likely draft someone which I think is a mistake if you've not given Minshew the next few weeks. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

I don't understand people that don't want to make the playoffs. 

Me neither. I'm gonna watch the playoffs no matter who is playing, but why wouldn't a person want to watch their own team, even if they don't have much of a chance? 

Also, no matter how big of an underdog a team is, there is always a chance to make a miracle run.

9 minutes ago, Infam said:

He is a better passer though. He just is. That doesn't necessarily mean he's a better overall QB, it doesn't mean he'd lead this team to the play offs but I think he's a better passer. And at this point I want to know what Sirianni offense looks like. 

Just now, Boogyman said:

Me neither. I'm gonna watch the playoffs no matter who is playing, but why wouldn't a person want to watch their own team, even if they don't have much of a chance? 

Also, no matter how big of an underdog a team is, there is always a chance to make a miracle run.

It's all about draft position for them. They are quitters.

1 minute ago, Boogyman said:

If they like better picks they can go be lions fans they always have great picks

It was nice today to see the Eagles offense pick up easy chunk yards. At times some plays looked well executed and effortless. That's not something we have seen often from an Eagles offense in a couple of years really. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If they like better picks they can go be lions fans they always have great picks

Better picks don't guarantee anything anyway. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He is a better passer though. He just is. That doesn't necessarily mean he's a better overall QB, it doesn't mean he'd lead this team to the play offs but I think he's a better passer. And at this point I want to know what Sirianni offense looks like. 

Stop looking at stats only please. Today you see everybody catch everything. Watkins, Sanders x2, Reagor.. everyone catches them. And those were not perfectly thrown balls.

Not saying Minshew sucks, but if they catch it like this Hurts has a way better completion-% too.

As I've said before, losing to draft makes no sense, considering that the Patriots never had a good draft position during their dynasty, and most top draft picks are busts for those losing teams who draft them. 

1 minute ago, Infam said:

Stop looking at stats only please. Today you see everybody catch everything. Watkins, Sanders x2, Reagor.. everyone catches them. And those were not perfectly thrown balls.

Not saying Minshew sucks, but if they catch it like this Hurts has a way better completion-% too.

I'm not looking at stats. I'm telling you what I saw with my own eyes. Minshew throws a better more accurate pass. You can kill Reagor for those drops last week all you want but they were tricky catches. Sure he has to make them but they were not easy catches. 

Just now, Infam said:

Minshew threw more good balls down the field today than Hurts usually does in a month. This is not looking at stats but watching them play.

Archived