GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Jets, 12-5-21, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

If they start Minshew and he is not good against Wash then that creates a mess, just play hurts rest of year, use draft to fill some of the many needs they have

1 minute ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

If they start Minshew and he is not good against Wash then that creates a mess, just play hurts rest of year, use draft to fill some of the many needs they have

And do what at QB next year?

1 minute ago, Boogyman said:

Minshew threw more good balls down the field today than Hurts usually does in a month. This is not looking at stats but watching them play.

The eye test doesn’t lie. I’m right there with you 

1 minute ago, ThinkGreen said:

As I've said before, losing to draft makes no sense, considering that the Patriots never had a good draft position during their dynasty, and most top draft picks are busts for those losing teams who draft them. 

Exactly, moving forward and developing a winning culture with a young team means a hell of a lot more to a franchise then a 1 top 10 pick that might bust or not live up to the hype. 

Especially this year, to make the playoffs with such a young team and then have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds to build off of that success is amazing. Who the F cares where the picks are when you have 4 of them to play with. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not looking at stats. I'm telling you what I saw with my own eyes. Minshew throws a better more accurate pass. You can kill Reagor for those drops last week all you want but they were tricky catches. Sure he has to make them but they were not easy catches. 

Yet if one of them makes ONE of the catches he should make we win.

Dude, I like you. But you are completely unable to use your eyes and draw your own conclusions. You always swim with the flow every single time.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And do what at QB next year?

Keep hurts, if he is no good then draft  A QB, there is no perfect solution but that is the best

9 minutes ago, Infam said:

No he didn‘t consistently throw an accurate pass. And he didn‘t have a single throw that was amazing.

I am glad our guys finally catch catchable balls though, and I really like Minshew always did.

But no, he is not a better passer despite his great stats today.

I agree. I like Minshew’s enthusiasm but he is what he is: a backup QB/game manager. 

If you really watched the game he didn’t throw one good ball all game. Both TD’s to Goedert were short. The rest of his passes were basically TE/RB screens. He didn’t make one difficult pass. 

And people who say Hurts has a noodle arm should really hate Minshew. Minshew makes Hurts’ arm look like Mahomes. 

Just now, Infam said:

Dude, I like you. But you are completely unable to use your eyes and draw your own conclusions. You always swim with the flow every single time.

I'm not going with any flow. I was posting in here during ad breaks whilst watching the game on my phone. I've barely read a single comment at this point. I'm telling you what I saw with my eyes. Minshew allows this team to be more balanced. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

That would be true if Hurts was an established starter. He isn't. He is a project that doesn't look very promising so far. 

It was nice today to see the Eagles offense pick up easy chunk yards. At times some plays looked well executed and effortless. That's not something we have seen often from an Eagles offense in a couple of years really. 

Just gotta remember who we played that’s all. 

but it’s nice to know we have options for now. 

Just now, Joe Shades 73 said:

Keep hurts, if he is no good then draft  A QB, there is no perfect solution but that is the best

Despite promising signs from Minshew today? People have said to me many times this year that Minshew is a pretty good QB who was in a bad situation. Well maybe he's not in such a bad situation in Philly. 

1 minute ago, Infam said:

You are completely wrong here. 

20 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

And this I already know. Believe me, I dont WANT them to get into the playoffs but watch what happens....

Yeah, let’s miss the playoffs so Howie gets a better draft pick for everyone to complain about.

Just now, SNOORDA said:

Just gotta remember who we played that’s all. 

but it’s nice to know we have options for now. 

And look who we play next. And the week after that. And the week after that. This team doesn't play another really good team until week 18.

1 minute ago, Boogyman said:

That would be true is Hurts was an established starter. He isn't. He is a project that doesn't look very promising so far. 

They really don't have any other good options , they are not getting wilson or Rodgers

I'm not going with any flow. I was posting in here during ad breaks whilst watching the game on my phone. I've barely read a single comment at this point. I'm telling you what I saw with my eyes. Minshew allows this team to be more balanced. 

Ok.

1 minute ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

They really don't have any other good options , they are not getting wilson or Rodgers

Irrelevant to who starts after the bye. We have 2 guys here, neither has ever been an established NFL starter. You go with the guy who is playing well.

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not looking at stats. I'm telling you what I saw with my own eyes. Minshew throws a better more accurate pass. You can kill Reagor for those drops last week all you want but they were tricky catches. Sure he has to make them but they were not easy catches. 

I usually agree with you but come on, man thats just not correct. BOTH those dropped TD's were extremely easy for him to make....he just cant catch worth a damn....you say you are going based on your own eyes but what game were you watching last week??? Normally you are pretty objective but.....not sure whats going on with you today....

5 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Minshew threw more good balls down the field today than Hurts usually does in a month. This is not looking at stats but watching them play.

What game were you watching? He completed a couple passes downfield to Goedert but they were not good passes. Both were short. A good passer would lead the receiver. He threw another duck to Watkins, he got the 1st down but it was not a good pass. I don’t think Hurts is the long-term answer but he’s got a much better arm than Minshew. Minshew is the definition of noodle-armed. 

1 minute ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I usually agree with you but come on, man thats just not correct. BOTH those dropped TD's were extremely easy for him to make....he just cant catch worth a damn....you say you are going based on your own eyes but what game were you watching last week??? Normally you are pretty objective but.....not sure whats going on with you today....

They were not easy. Look I do not rate Reagor he's trash but they were not easy

3 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Irrelevant to who starts after the bye. We have 2 guys here, neither has ever been an established NFL starter. You go with the guy who is playing well.

Which is why Foles is our franchise qb with a 10 year contract...oh wait they didn't go with the guy who was playing well...twice.

Just now, Road to Victory said:

What game were you watching? He completed a couple passes downfield to Goedert but they were not good passes. Both were short. A good passer would lead the receiver. He threw another duck to Watkins, he got the 1st down but it was not a good pass. I don’t think Hurts is the long-term answer but he’s got a much better arm than Minshew. Minshew is the definition of noodle-armed. 

This is true. At least those guys were open though, and he saw them and threw the ball instead of holding it and throwing everything late. Neither QB has a very strong arm.

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They were not easy. Look I do not rate Reagor he's trash but they were not easy

Shouldn't of had to even come down to Reagor. I mean I guess congrats to Hurts for getting his head out of his ass for the final couple drives but, he is the reason he was put in those positions. 

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Shouldn't of had to even come down to Reagor. I mean I guess congrats to Hurts for getting his head out of his ass for the final couple drives but, he is the reason he was put in those positions. 

Yeah but if you ignore that then you can better make the point that Hurts was let down by his WRs. If you accept that he put us in that position then that weakens the argument.

Archived