GDT: Philadelphia Eagles @ New York Jets, 12-5-21, 1PM EST

EagleJoe8

2 minutes ago, ThinkGreen said:

Which is why Foles is our franchise qb with a 10 year contract...oh wait they didn't go with the guy who was playing well...twice.

Yeah and since they did that with Foles they should continue to do it that way, right?

2 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

This is true. At least those guys were open though, and he saw them and threw the ball instead of holding it and throwing everything late. Neither QB has a very strong arm.

Minshew looked more like a ball whisperer. Throwing hard can mean overthrowing. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah but if you ignore that then you can better make the point that Hurts was let down by his WRs. If you accept that he put us in that position then that weakens the argument.

Yeah if it was only Reagor not catching it that game, sure. How about that TD pass to Ward though? How about Goedert and Sanders dropping passes?

And what about the effing Refs that game?

1 minute ago, Boogyman said:

Yeah and since they did that with Foles they should continue to do it that way, right?

should we assume that they've learned from that? They're convinced that they made the correct decision.

4 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

This is true. At least those guys were open though, and he saw them and threw the ball instead of holding it and throwing everything late. Neither QB has a very strong arm.

It's easier to get away with a weak arm if you make quick decisions and are a bit more accurate. 

Just now, Infam said:

Yeah if it was only Reagor not catching it that game, sure. How about that TD pass to Ward though? How about Goedert and Sanders dropping passes?

How about all those INTs again the crappy Giants? How about when our opponents stop our running game with Hurts in, the ball doesn't move an inch?

Just now, Infam said:

How about down 3 throwing an INT in the red zone? How about throwing 3 INTs. How about throwing under 50% completion. How about even when he's been at his best he's still limited in his throwing and Sirianni doesn't ask him to throw a lot. 

1 minute ago, ThinkGreen said:

should we assume that they've learned from that? They're convinced that they made the correct decision.

Ok. I'm not predicting what they are gonna do though, I'm saying what I think they should do.

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How about down 3 throwing an INT in the red zone? How about throwing 3 INTs. How about throwing under 50% completion. How about even when he's been at his best he's still limited in his throwing and Sirianni doesn't ask him to throw a lot. 

One game where he threw Ints. Usually he is Mr. Safe personified. And like I said, one of these guys catches ONE of those we still win it.

18 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

Keep hurts, if he is no good then draft  A QB, there is no perfect solution but that is the best

Then why start him the rest of the year if his backup plays better?

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

One game where he threw Ints. Usually he is Mr. Safe personified. And like I said, one of these guys catches ONE of those we still win it.

Is easy to be "Mr Safe" when in over half your games you don't even throw for 200 yards. 

37 minutes ago, Infam said:

No he didn‘t consistently throw an accurate pass. And he didn‘t have a single throw that was amazing.

I am glad our guys finally catch catchable balls though, and I really like Minshew always did.

But no, he is not a better passer despite his great stats today.

Come on man, he is a better passer than Hurts. 

It was good to finally see my man Watkins get some targets because Minshew didn't have Hurts' tunnel vision with Smith.

5 minutes ago, Infam said:

We are only in the position to win because the defence repetitively kept us in the game despite Hurts best efforts.

Look I think the Hurts run-heavy offence is fun but I’m not sure it’s sustainable or something that keeps us competitive against good offenses. His limitations as a passer are a serious handbreak on the team. I hope like hell he develops in that area because that would be best for the Eagles but I just haven’t seen enough so far.

42 minutes ago, Infam said:

No he didn‘t consistently throw an accurate pass. And he didn‘t have a single throw that was amazing.

I am glad our guys finally catch catchable balls though, and I really like Minshew always did.

But no, he is not a better passer despite his great stats today.

What two fing QBs are you watching? :blink:

2 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Come on man, he is a better passer than Hurts. 

It was good to finally see my man Watkins get some targets because Minshew didn't have Hurts' tunnel vision with Smith.

Yep, I dont think Minshew is the answer either but it’s not really a debate who is the better passer.

We can debate who should be the starter the rest of the way or who might have more room to develop etc because they both have different strengths and weaknesses. I mean if Hurts was even an average starter level as a passer, he’d be a really good QB. Issue is he just isn’t that (yet).

Just now, kiwieagle said:

I mean if Hurts was even an average starter level as a passer, he’d be a really good QB. Issue is he just isn’t that (yet).

There's a good chance that he'll never be that.....he misses too many easy completions that an average HS QB will make 75% of the time.

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

So if Sanders and Hurts are out next game do we go with @EazyEaglez idea of Reagor at RB?

Honestly at this point I’m scared to give him the ball at anytime. 

Minshew looked really good today and the birds handled business against a bad football team. Need to rest up during the bye week and hopefully get some people back. Hope Kelce is okay. Good to see even Gainwell understands to get down and not go out of bounds. 

16 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

There's a good chance that he'll never be that.....he misses too many easy completions that an average HS QB will make 75% of the time.

Totally agree….I haven’t seen enough from him to give me confidence that he can become a nfl level passer

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Those are really neat made up stats. Put those HS QBs in an NFL game and let's see how many passes they complete. 

Hurts has had a couple stretches in a couple games where his passes were right on the money. Of course, after the game  there were still silly claims by some people saying he underthrew certain deep passes that were complete. So criticisms both fair and unfair add up to make it seem he's slightly worse than he is. There's no doubt he has struggled at times, but in most cases, those come down to mechanics which can be coached and fixed. Then there's his decision making and vision. I believe both of those things can and should improve with experience.

Today we saw a passer that is much better in the areas Hurts needs to improve on. But there was a tradeoff. Minshew likes to make a decision and get rid of the ball quickly and didn't really look to stretch the field. We also pretty much lose the read option which does benefit our run game especially when we have a lead late. I also feel a lot better with Hurts on a QB sneak because of his leg strength.  Minshew doesn't have any rapport with Smith either and didn't really get him involved. 

Honestly at this point, I'm glad we've seen both guys play and I would be fine with either of them leading this team. I'd still prefer to see more receivers utilized.

8 hours ago, 700Level4Life said:

Nice throw. In stride. 

I just got back and missed most of the game because of some band business that hd to happen today. I am watching highlights, and it's great to see a football being thrown properly, without the noodle arm wiggle/weakness. You know- a regular, normal NFL pass. I am being hard on Hurts, but after watching him last week, this kind of passing is nirvana right now.

Archived