Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

No matter how many times I see it, I watch Rogue One when I pass it on TV.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

No matter how many times I see it, I watch Rogue One when I pass it on TV.

Same.  It really has become one of my favorite Star Wars movies.  I'm not much for ranking movies but it's up there near New Hope and Empire for me.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Shepard Wong said:

Same.  It really has become one of my favorite Star Wars movies.  I'm not much for ranking movies but it's up there near New Hope and Empire for me.

Empire

Rogue One

A New Hope

I think ROTJ gets a bad wrap.

I get the Ewok backlash, and wish they would have used Wookies instead, but I think it's pretty solid, story-wise.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, iladelphxx said:

I get the Ewok backlash, and wish they would have used Wookies instead, but I think it's pretty solid, story-wise.

ROTJ came out when I was 11 and I immediately disliked it when I saw it back then.  Each time I've watched it over the years, I feel like my opinion of has gone up.  Agreed at this point, it is probably underrated. 

Bad Batch is awesome, great first episode. 70 minutes but it really flew by for me.

20 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

i def have a distain for the ewoks, but i cant argue that the storyline beyond them was pretty damn good. 

on the bad batch, i really liked the first episode. seems like filoni is continuing to expand certain backstories. i wasn't sure i'd be into more clone stories, but so far, so good. 

Think of how awesome ROTJ would have been if they used wookies instead of Ewoks and Chewbacca returns home to find his people enslaved by the Empire and leads a Spartacus-style uprising as the whole Luke/Emperor/Vader thing is going on.... 

THAT would have been awesome. 

(You could have still had baby wookies for the toy sales) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Think of how awesome ROTJ would have been if they used wookies instead of Ewoks and Chewbacca returns home to find his people enslaved by the Empire and leads a Spartacus-style uprising as the whole Luke/Emperor/Vader thing is going on.... 

agreed. i have always been more upset over what ROTJ could've been, than what it was. 

14 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

True.  That would have been quite awesome.

However, then you wouldn't have the Chewbacca Defense.  Why would a Wookie from Kashyyyk want to hang out with Ewoks on Endor?  That does not make sense.

On 5/7/2021 at 4:39 AM, iladelphxx said:

Yes!

On 5/7/2021 at 7:02 AM, Alpha_TATEr said:

agreed. i have always been more upset over what ROTJ could've been, than what it was. 

Most of the movies after Empire are like that. Some pieces there, but would've been better if..

It also would have made them getting captured more realistic..... 

A Jedi Knight and a team of Commandos get captured by a bunch of teddy bears with pointy sticks? 

On 5/7/2021 at 5:39 AM, iladelphxx said:

No way baby wookies could have gone wrong right?

tenor.gif

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Mara Jade was prominent in the books.  She was also pretty bad ass.  The first article mentions Elizabeth Olsen and IMO she'd be a better choice.  I was OK with Larson as Captain Marvel and didn't hate it like some people, but I don't see her as Mara Jade. 

Interesting that article mentions a rumoured show of Luke and Baby Yoda with Sebastian Stan taking on the role of Luke.  If they are doing a show with Luke as a character it would be a pain in the ass to have the character be CGI for an entire season (a cameo in The Mandalorian is one thing), so it would have to be another actor, which would be weird seeing someone else play Luke.  Stan wouldn't be a bad choice for that. 

On 5/9/2021 at 10:31 PM, DEagle7 said:

No way baby wookies could have gone wrong right?

tenor.gif

lol, especially when they're singing Christmas songs!

On 5/17/2021 at 6:03 PM, NOTW said:

I don't see how her character makes sense in the Disney canon. 

53 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I don't see how her character makes sense in the Disney canon. 

It doesn't.  Neither does Grogu/Baby Yoda, Ashoka, Maul, Ezra, Kanan and Inquisitors being alive during the same time frame that the original movies told us the only 2 living Jedi were Obi-Wan and Yoda and Luke was the last hope (no there is another...).  

• Like 1

They've been able to create some good content for TV in The Clone Wars, Mandalorian and Rebels.  But in creating new characters and stories that are good by themselves, they don't fit so well into the larger picture and create plot holes and too many questions.  They are creating new content all over the timeline in all sorts of order.  Sequels then prequels, then sequels to prequels and everything in-between.

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

It doesn't.  Neither does Grogu/Baby Yoda, Ashoka, Maul, Ezra, Kanan and Inquisitors being alive during the same time frame that the original movies told us the only 2 living Jedi were Obi-Wan and Yoda and Luke was the last hope (no there is another...).  

tenor.gif

On 5/19/2021 at 10:03 AM, NOTW said:

They've been able to create some good content for TV in The Clone Wars, Mandalorian and Rebels.  But in creating new characters and stories that are good by themselves, they don't fit so well into the larger picture and create plot holes and too many questions.  They are creating new content all over the timeline in all sorts of order.  Sequels then prequels, then sequels to prequels and everything in-between.

Yup. Almost nothing makes sense in relation to the OT at this point, I think they're banking on the newer, younger fans not making that connection or not caring.

Well, it’s not like they haven’t edited the original trilogy before... lol.

The OT is told through a very narrow lens. Aside from stealing Death Star plans there weren’t that many threads to pull. There are plot holes all over the place. But I’m willing to suspend my disbelief enough that it’s all plausible, and I love the new content. Even the very mediocre Solo.