Star Wars ongoing thread: The Acolyte trailer, premieres June 4

NOTW

• 2 weeks later...

So how long before Disney forces Star Wars to steal the Spiderman multiverse idea to redo Episodes 7-9?

On 12/24/2021 at 5:36 PM, iladelphxx said:

I hope I don't fall for watching this crap, but I know I will, and it will be just ok enough to make me watch the whole stupid thing.  F Star Wars.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

I hope I don't fall for watching this crap, but I know I will, and it will be just ok enough to make me watch the whole stupid thing.  F Star Wars.

The Mandalorian was good.  If it’s close to that it’ll be worth watching.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

I'm only watching stuff put out by Filoni and Favreau 

A Boba Fett show seems like the movie about Solo, unnecessary and no one asked for it. But, with low expectations and opportunity to do whatever with that story maybe it will be ok. If Favreau & Filoni made it that gives confidence. 

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

A Boba Fett show seems like the movie about Solo, unnecessary and no one asked for it. But, with low expectations and opportunity to do whatever with that story maybe it will be ok. If Favreau & Filoni made it that gives confidence. 

From what I've heard, they want to make it like the Star Wars version of The Sopranos..... It's going to focus on the underground/organized crime aspect. 

I think that's a cool way of moving away from the core story. 

The said consider Boba Fett a mob show and Mandalorian as a Western. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Fwiw, first episode of BOBF was pretty solid. 

agreed. nice to have a couple things explained.

Spoiler

particularly, how he escaped the pit. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 12:43 AM, NOTW said:

like myself, i don't think you get the level of allure and cult following that boba fett has had since he first appeared. 

watch the new documentary that disney+ put up, under the helmet. it kind of puts it in perspective. 

On 12/28/2021 at 12:53 AM, iladelphxx said:

From what I've heard, they want to make it like the Star Wars version of The Sopranos..... It's going to focus on the underground/organized crime aspect. 

I think that's a cool way of moving away from the core story. 

The said consider Boba Fett a mob show and Mandalorian as a Western. 

Just picturing Boba going to therapy, wonder who Melfi will be.

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

like myself, i don't think you get the level of allure and cult following that boba fett has had since he first appeared. 

watch the new documentary that disney+ put up, under the helmet. it kind of puts it in perspective. 

Oh I know, people have loved the character for years because he had a cool costume.  He had a very small role in Empire where Vader did the work and he just carted Solo off.  He got handled by Luke then was made into a joke with a blind Solo accidentally bumping him into the Sarlac pit.  Maybe there was more in the comics, but people basically went nuts over his costume and action figure.  He's been an overrated character.

29 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Oh I know, people have loved the character for years because he had a cool costume.  He had a very small role in Empire where Vader did the work and he just carted Solo off.  He got handled by Luke then was made into a joke with a blind Solo accidentally bumping him into the Sarlac pit.  Maybe there was more in the comics, but people basically went nuts over his costume and action figure.  He's been an overrated character.

agreed, but if his appearance in the mandalorian and this first episode of his own series are any indicators, thats changing. 

1 hour ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

agreed, but if his appearance in the mandalorian and this first episode of his own series are any indicators, thats changing. 

I agree, I like the take of an older guy who's been through it and has a different perspective.  It's also an opportunity to open up new locations and characters.  

• Like 1

Enjoyed the 1st episode.  Loved that they addressed the elephant in the room,

Spoiler

how did he survive the giant worm that swallowed him

in The Return of the Jedi right off the bat.  Looking forward to seeing where they take it from here.

Zack Snyder had a concept for a SW movie that got turned down. He used the concept and turned it into his own movie coming to Netflix called Rebel Moon. He shared concept art:

Screenshot_20211229-184424_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Enjoyed the 1st episode.  Loved that they addressed the elephant in the room,

Reveal hidden contents

how did he survive the giant worm that swallowed him

in The Return of the Jedi right off the bat.  Looking forward to seeing where they take it from here.

The Mandalorian season 2 ep 1 gave explanation how it could have been possible, then had Boba show up at the end showing he was alive. 

I enjoyed it. I hope we move past the flashbacks at some point. Crimson Dawn has to show up at some point I’d think (hope).

I’m intrigued. First episode was almost entirely backstory, none of which really explains why Boba is all of a sudden the head of Jabba’s old empire. I’m not sure how I will feel if every episode is half backstory and half present.  Could be excellent if done right.

2 hours ago, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I’m intrigued. First episode was almost entirely backstory, none of which really explains why Boba is all of a sudden the head of Jobba’s old empire. I’m not sure how I will feel if every episode is half backstory and half present.  Could be excellent if done right.

:nonono:  

• Haha 1