Golf

hey suess

On 2/24/2024 at 12:05 PM, DrPhilly said:

Rock solid, too bad about the rake

Yea. Never done that before :lol:

Scottie Scheffler today.  Holy moly!  He’s honestly incredible. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Put this in the background and start to get ready

2 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Masters week

Finally here and for the first time ever I'm going to root for a Swede to win.  Not exactly true as I'll go for Tiger first as always but I don't think he has any chance so I'll be on the Ludvig train this week.

1 hour ago, DrPhilly said:

Finally here and for the first time ever I'm going to root for a Swede to win.  Not exactly true as I'll go for Tiger first as always but I don't think he has any chance so I'll be on the Ludvig train this week.

I think Ludvig is special. Not sure how he'll fair as a first time Augusta starter, but he's super talented. I played Matsuyama, Koepka, and Jason Day. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I think Ludvig is special. Not sure how he'll fair as a first time Augusta starter, but he's super talented. I played Matsuyama, Koepka, and Jason Day. 

Yeah, I don't see him winning now but a nice guy to root for and I do think he's got a good shot to win a jacket down the road.  I think Koepka is a man on a mission.

2 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

That kid will win a major, but probably not yet and not at augusta. Takes years to learn that course and its not a bomb and gouge course

8 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

That kid will win a major, but probably not yet and not at augusta. Takes years to learn that course and its not a bomb and gouge course

Yeah, as I replied to BDawk, I fully realize Ludvig won't it this year but I see no reason why he can't in the future.  I'm just psyched that I finally like one of the Swedes.  Parnevik was ok but I never liked his funky hat thing.  Stenson never did much for me.  Hansen was boring.  I met Alex Noren and stood next to him on the range for an hour but never got into him either.  There was another guy that wore some funky backward beret type thing that never did it for me.  There just hasn't been one that I've felt compelled to really like.  Pierre Fulke was probably the one I liked the most but that was just a wee bit. This guys seems to be that guy that can things.

best putter of all time

• Like 2

So how does it work when they start late and the late groups have to finish a round early the next day?  Do they then have to play their second round later in the day?  That would be a huge disadvantage to them wouldn't it?  

3 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

So how does it work when they start late and the late groups have to finish a round early the next day?  Do they then have to play their second round later in the day?  That would be a huge disadvantage to them wouldn't it?  

Yeah, they have to go out again.  It could be an advantage depending on the weather conditions and so forth but also often a disadvantage.

8 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Id rather just keep going than have to warm up again

• Like 2

Ludvig is doing pretty well.  Solid shot at finishing in the top 5 anyway.

Just found out he has a 7-wood in his bag.  I've been thinking about putting an old one that I have back in my bag.  It is 25 years old now but I used to love it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Just found out he has a 7-wood in his bag.  I've been thinking about putting an old one that I have back in my bag.  It is 25 years old now but I used to love it.

Pulling for Homa

dont want ****ambeau winning

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

Pulling for Homa

dont want ****ambeau winning

Yeah I don’t care much for Bryson either

Should be a fun and exciting Saturday/Sunday of Golf. Hopefully the scores stay close. I'll tune in about an hour from now. 

4 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

The new tech will bury that club. Gonna test

out some Q10 stuff on friday

9 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

The new tech will bury that club. Gonna test

out some Q10 stuff on friday

No doubt but I'm still going to get it out and then maybe buy some new fairway woods after I've played a bit.  The only fairway wood I use right now is from that same old set, a 4-wood.  They are Quad Pros.

3 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

No doubt but I'm still going to get it out and then maybe buy some new fairway woods after I've played a bit.  The only fairway wood I use right now is from that same old set, a 4-wood.  They are Quad Pros.

I can tell you the ping g430 3 wood i have is stupid easy to hit off the deck

• Like 1

Play this one just as the leaders start the back nine

7 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

The Rogues are still the best woods I've ever hit. It's going to take a lot to get them out of my bag, especially my 7W.

PS the TaylorMade Inks compress like crazy. They are a fun little cheap ball.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

The Rogues are still the best woods I've ever hit. It's going to take a lot to get them out of my bag, especially my 7W.

PS the TaylorMade Inks compress like crazy. They are a fun little cheap ball.

Yup my daughter is playing the TM ink

• Like 1