Golf

hey suess

6 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Pints he said. 

most people dont know how good he is. I was surprised nobody could make some putts and mount some kind of charge

Sounded like bites to me. Anyway the southern drawl was funny. 

I agree on the lack of made putts. Rare that nobody makes a few in a row. 

• 2 weeks later...

Kid made the high school golf team as a frosh. Shot 84 in the opening invitational and just missed out in top 10. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

82 from the tips today and played like crap. Salvaged several pars

Sounds like a round you can find something good about despite not breaking 80

Oldest flew Lucas Glover and Sam Burns from Greensboro to Memphis this morning.  No pics because, with the possibility of bad weather on the route things were too hectic so just take my word for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Sounds like a round you can find something good about despite not breaking 80

Yeah chipping and putting were solid. My irons have been sub par this season

I set (not sure if I retained) longest drive on a Par-4 (hole 2) in my work league the other night, and finished the hole with a sweet 7. This is after opening Par-5 hole 1 with a 7. I finished the night with a 46 though (hole 8 is like a 215 yard Par-3) which I will happily take!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I set (not sure if I retained) longest drive on a Par-4 (hole 2) in my work league the other night, and finished the hole with a sweet 7. This is after opening Par-5 hole 1 with a 7. I finished the night with a 46 though (hole 8 is like a 215 yard Par-3) which I will happily take!

So you've graduated from playing on kiddie courses? 

On 8/11/2023 at 10:09 AM, mikemack8 said:

So you've graduated from playing on kiddie courses? 

I’m smart enough as a non-retiree to know better than to pay $1500 for a season pass to a course that only is playable 6 months of the year living in MN! 

I’m off to go golf with one of my employer’s lawyers. I finally beat him head-up in golf league so maybe he’s wanting revenge. 

The kid dunked her first ace ever today at a big 17 school invitational. 6 iron landed 2 inches short of the cup, hit the pin and dropped straight in. Was her last hole of the day.

and she won our 100 dollar bet as to who would get one first

• Like 2

Apparently I was not drinking enough water. Took a shower and nap after my 18, and repositioned maybe 90 mins into my nap and my right calf went into full blown spasm. I’m attempting to straighten in stretch the leg, the LEFT calf had the same thing happen. Awkwardly rolled myself onto the floor where I could straighten both and eventually get it under control. Probably stayed there 20-30 mins before trying to get up or move. Good times. 

10 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Apparently I was not drinking enough water. Took a shower and nap after my 18, and repositioned maybe 90 mins into my nap and my right calf went into full blown spasm. I’m attempting to straighten in stretch the leg, the LEFT calf had the same thing happen. Awkwardly rolled myself onto the floor where I could straighten both and eventually get it under control. Probably stayed there 20-30 mins before trying to get up or move. Good times. 

Welcome to getting older

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

Welcome to getting older

38 on Wednesday! 

• Like 1

Survived day 2. Came about 2in away from an Ace. Couple we got paired with we’re getting hype watching it roll as it was dead straight and just skimmed the right lip of the cup according to them. Sad. 

3 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Survived day 2. Came about 2in away from an Ace. Couple we got paired with we’re getting hype watching it roll as it was dead straight and just skimmed the right lip of the cup according to them. Sad. 

Congrats on almost getting a hole in one in mini golf - you’re the man!

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Congrats on almost getting a hole in one in mini golf - you’re the man!

Agent has arrived

• 2 weeks later...

Spieth, Morikawa, Koepka, Fowler, Thomas and Burns are the captain's picks for the Ryder Cup. Zach Johnson is either going to be an idiot or a genius. Risky picks. 

Back nine in work league tonight. Shot a 46, with a frustrating 3-putt on 17 (after kissing the lip a 40+ft putt) and duffing my 2nd shot about 12 yards on the par-5 18th. 

So close to bogey golf :sad: 

• Like 1

I'm going to the Ryder Cup. Should be fun being in enemy territory rooting on the boys.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

I'm going to the Ryder Cup. Should be fun being in enemy territory rooting on the boys.

Yell "Ba Ba Booey!” for us so we know it’s you.

• Haha 1