Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Golf

Featured Replies

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I don't have that skill yet. Then at League this week I shot a 55 roll

I shot 40…with two double

But the new driver is effin sweet

Haven't golfed in probably two decades, haven't even hit a ball in several years, decided to take a few random clubs out to the range (Strata set I found in a closet).

When I wasn't hitting them fat, I was getting a good, straight 150 out of the 7 iron. My best shots with the driver were fades, but I need to work on the slice.

Was a lot more fun than I remember. Might have to get a decent set of used clubs and get some lessons.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Haven't golfed in probably two decades, haven't even hit a ball in several years, decided to take a few random clubs out to the range (Strata set I found in a closet).

When I wasn't hitting them fat, I was getting a good, straight 150 out of the 7 iron. My best shots with the driver were fades, but I need to work on the slice.

Was a lot more fun than I remember. Might have to get a decent set of used clubs and get some lessons.

Second swing has some good cheap options

8 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Second swing has some good cheap options

There were a couple in Minneapolis area (one in Minnetonka that was 5min from work, 10 from home). I hit a bunch of used irons there and ended up getting my current set from them in March 2025. Been very happy with my clubs!

39 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Second swing has some good cheap options

29 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

There were a couple in Minneapolis area (one in Minnetonka that was 5min from work, 10 from home). I hit a bunch of used irons there and ended up getting my current set from them in March 2025. Been very happy with my clubs!

Yeah I was looking at picking up a set of used Ping irons and whatever driver, woods, and wedges I can piece together to get something that doesn't break the bank. That site looks really squared away. I'll have to check them out. Thanks.

  • 3 weeks later...

Scottie dominated

The US Amateur was way more entertaining at Merion

9 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Scottie dominated

The US Amateur was way more entertaining at Merion

How did Merion hold up? Won't be long before they host another US Open.

7 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

How did Merion hold up? Won't be long before they host another US Open.

It rained sunday so the long rough became borderline unplayable

@ToastJenkins I saw a list of college golf courses and both Indiana U and Notre Dame were in the list. Have you played those? Also, have you played up in Benton Harbor at Harbor Shores? I got to play that one twice and really liked it but thought it was very challenging for someone like me who isn't particularly strong at hitting the ball straight.

10 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

@ToastJenkins I saw a list of college golf courses and both Indiana U and Notre Dame were in the list. Have you played those? Also, have you played up in Benton Harbor at Harbor Shores? I got to play that one twice and really liked it but thought it was very challenging for someone like me who isn't particularly strong at hitting the ball straight.

Have not, but might get to play further out once kid goes to college next year

41 tonight with a trainwreck on 18

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2026 at 10:08 AM, DrPhilly said:

@ToastJenkins I saw a list of college golf courses and both Indiana U and Notre Dame were in the list. Have you played those? Also, have you played up in Benton Harbor at Harbor Shores? I got to play that one twice and really liked it but thought it was very challenging for someone like me who isn't particularly strong at hitting the ball straight.

Scotty feeling inevitable here

Tiger woods cant drive a vehicle for 5 years

1 minute ago, Seventy_Yard_FG said:

Tiger woods cant drive a vehicle for 5 years

Seems good for everyone including Tiger

  • 4 weeks later...

Got out annual Ryder cup to close out the season tmrw

Just started playing golf about two months ago. I’m 37. Never had a lesson or even knew how to even hold a club really, been a fun adventure so far.

On 10/2/2026 at 8:36 PM, BirdsFanBill said:

Just started playing golf about two months ago. I’m 37. Never had a lesson or even knew how to even hold a club really, been a fun adventure so far.

Welcome to the addiction lol. Be sure to drink and gamble

On 10/2/2026 at 7:56 PM, ToastJenkins said:

Got out annual Ryder cup to close out the season tmrw

Went Koivun and won 2.5 out of three. We murdered them. Drained a 20ft birdie to close

Out best ball 4&2. Won singles 4&3

@DrPhilly

7 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Went Koivun and won 2.5 out of three. We murdered them. Drained a 20ft birdie to close

Out best ball 4&2. Won singles 4&3

@DrPhilly

Nice!

1 hour ago, DrPhilly said:

Nice!

And as a bonus got Into dispute with one ignorant arsehole over the Cornell case…

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

And as a bonus got Into dispute with one ignorant arsehole over the Cornell case…

Figures

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.