Golf

hey suess

The best two balls I ever hit, was when I stepped on the sand rake....HEEY YOOI!

anybody play? How’s it been lately with the Corona Rules? Anyone watch? Want to brag about your equipment? Tee it up here!

FORE!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The Match has been fun 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

The Match has been fun 

It was surprisingly entertaining. It was great to watch Brady look like us, then (obviously) hole in an iron.

I want all the mic’d up events! 

Love it.  Played for 30 years now.

league starts up next thursday finally - gotta defend my title from last year. two day ringer tourney coming up the 13th/14th

• Like 2

77 today. Started slow but for 8 through 17i was one under

who in their Right mind put their daughter on the bev cart for all the old pervs???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Trust me.  If you knew me and you knew her.  LOL.  Not a problem.  

And I’ve never broken 80.  So FML

the key to getting under 80 is keeping doubles off the card and one putts

10 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

the key to getting under 80 is keeping doubles off the card and one putts

Well crap.  If I knew that I wouldn't two putt all the time.  Good tip :towel:

what it means is practice your putting. even get a putting lesson.

the rest comes down to course management

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

what it means is practice your putting. even get a putting lesson.

the rest comes down to course management

I know, I was being a smart a**.  I have had days that I could have shot low 80's if I could have 1 putted 8 or 9 times.

8 or 9 times isnt realistic, but make 3 of those and you are in business

the best putters in the world only make about 50% from ten feet

• Like 1

I haven't played as much as I'd like since moving to the North East. The season is so short. I used to play 4-5 times a week in California. That's when I was at my best. Guys trying to break 90, half your strokes on the course are putts so if you want to go low you focus on the putter. Going to the range and hitting 100 drivers isn't going to help your score much. I was low to mid 80s handicap, when I used to have one anyway. I've been meaning to get my clubs out of the garage and into my truck. At least that way I don't have an excuse to say no when I'm invited. 😀

• Like 1

two putting is normal for making par. I would gladly two put every hole. It's all the other stuff that breaks my rounds. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 6:16 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

And I’ve never broken 80.

Hope you get there dude.  Took me 20 years of playing.  Finally took my 1st lesson at that point and made a couple small but important tweaks and voila.  Moved by normal high 80s down to the low to mid 80s and suddenly getting under 80 was often a threat and ever since I've gone under here and there every year.

edit: So for me it wasn't the putting.  I just wasn't a consistent enough ball striker.  Too much of a baseball type swing and chicken leg style breakdown of my left arm in the back swing.  Anyway, strengthened my grip a bit and really focused on the turtle follow thru.  That full follow thru to the pose position really cures a ton of other problems.  It forces you to get back and balanced and over on your left foot.  That little tip took a couple wild shots into the woods per round out of my game and meant 3-4 strokes better.

• Like 1

85, bout where I expect to be. I’ll be happy with mid 80s and going up into the 90s just a few times. Maybe a couple runs at 80 though those are less frequent now.  Still playing the back tees but that is slowly changing as my group can’t cut one of risk reward shots over water anymore unless we get a rare wind direction and it is the most fun tee shot on our main course. 

• 3 weeks later...

76 over the weekend, one under on the front so should have been even better

4-man best ball tourney saturday

• Like 2

When I lived in Raleigh I was referred to Tom Ream at Prestonwood Country Club for lessons.  He is apparently the best of the best in NC.  Unfortunately, I bought a 6-pack of 30 minute private lessons, and after 1, my job took me to Charlotte.  He has all this crazy video technology and a giant studio where he breaks down your swing.  I was spraying everything right, and he immediately had me strengthen my grip in both hands, and move a little further from the ball.  It's the only lesson I've ever taken, but it was so worth it.  It took me years to break 90, and the last 2 summers, I was consistently doing it.  

• Like 3

I've got a 36 hole tourney tomorrow in blazing sun and about 87 or 88 degrees.  A sort of Ryder cup thingy with four Danes against fours Swedes (me counting as a Swede ; I'll have to use my USA flag ball marker all day just to make sure no one gets confused).  I bought a dozen Srixon pink lady balls and will present a 3-pack to each of the Danes on the opening hole tomorrow morning.

Below is the par 3 11th on one of the courses.  No place to bail out on this one.  It is about 145 yards or so from the middle tees.

golfbana-bild-106.jpg.jpg

• Like 2

04b-kallfors-gk-golf-6171.jpg.4ea99d373a57575eaa2cfa0758ff02b5.jpg

#4 on the 2nd course.  You can't tell from this picture but the tee is about 60ft elevated above the hole.  Carry over the water from #3 tees is about 210 and from #4 about 235 so totally doable even for moderate length old guys from #3 but a bit tougher from #4.  Push it off to the right and the trees further up block the view of the right side of the tree.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

I've got a 36 hole tourney tomorrow in blazing sun and about 87 or 88 degrees.  A sort of Ryder cup thingy with four Danes against fours Swedes (me counting as a Swede ; I'll have to use my USA flag ball marker all day just to make sure know one gets confused).  I bought a dozen Srixon pink lady balls and will present a 3-pack to each of the Danes on the opening hole tomorrow morning.

Below is the par 3 11th on one of the courses.  No place to bail out on this one.  It is about 145 yards or so from the middle tees.

golfbana-bild-106.jpg.jpg

I'd club up and aim slightly to the left on this hole all day....every day.  That has backstop written all over it.  And I'd still probably end up in the water.  😂