Golf

hey suess

My club's courses open on Saturday and I have my first round set for Sunday morning.  I haven't touched a club since October.  Should be fun :-)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Spectacular start to the year for my course.  We probably have the best greens in Northern Europe now after installing new ones over a year ago.  They are just fabulous and right from the get go after the long winter.  The layout was always a sweet one with lots of elevation changes, risk/reward shots, dog legs, etc.  An excellent track to play week in / week out with the variation.

I've started 91, 89, 88 which is pretty good for me after not touching a club for six months.  I don't think I can ever get back to single but perhaps I can get close once I retire and get out three times a week.

• Like 2

My favorite/worst quote that is making me angrier by the minute in the PGA. I don’t know who said it (it wasn’t Nantz), but they literally said on air, "Imagine how heavy those golf bags are in this dreadful weather. Brutal job.”  😂😂 I would army crawl a golf course of Shawshank poop tunnels every week to have that job. 

44-37 today. Was like i forgot how to play for the first 9 holes…

🤬🤬

On 5/21/2023 at 2:00 AM, ToastJenkins said:

44-37 today. Was like i forgot how to play for the first 9 holes…

🤬🤬

nice rebound in any case

90 today, not too good but feels like mid-80s are just around the corner now.  Greens speeding up near 11 now.  Right about where they should be for our basic members.

• 2 weeks later...

PGA, DP World Tour and LIV are merging??? Wow, that was quick.

ESPN

Lots of people on Twitter saying that LIV is the Michael Scott Paper Company. :roll:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

All the back and forth between them and at the end of the day they merge :lol: All about the benjamins, baby

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

:lol: All about the benjamins, baby

Truly. PGA wants to grab some of that Saudi money before it fizzles out.

• Like 1

Just so many layers to this which makes it one of the dirtiest, sleaziest deals of all time. Between Monahan using the 9/11 families last year to drum up sympathy and to disparage LIV and anyone going there by calling it blood money and by using players like McIlroy as a mouth-piece to talk about the integrity, loyalty, and history of the tour who ended turning down hundreds of millions of dollars to stay there. Monahan hid this entire time, took limited questions from the media, all while putting together a back-room deal to get this done. Just an absolute crook. 

And Jimmy Dunne is another piece to this story who is somewhat going under the radar. This guy was one of the power-brokers who put the deal together with Monahan and the PIF. He was supposed to be in the towers on 9/11, took the day off to go golfing, and his colleagues were killed when the planes hit the towers. And then this F'ing guy makes a deal like this. It's just gross. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

No photo description available.

4th hole, my course.  You can't tell by the picture but the tee is about 60ft above the fairway and then the green is 20ft above and tiered.  We have five sets of tees.  The tips and back tees are a nice little carry and if there is any wind you have to go along the right side and avoid hitting it to far.

Was 4 over today and we got our clock cleaner by a sandbagging 16 who was even par though 8 and three over through 15

15 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Was 4 over today and we got our clock cleaner by a sandbagging 16 who was even par though 8 and three over through 15

Gotta hate that

Good to see Fowler win

playing the tips tomorrow. Time to prepare for club championship

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Good to see Fowler win

playing the tips tomorrow. Time to prepare for club championship

What is the yardage from your tips?

Also, I was supposed to fly to Michigan today but I'll be going tomorrow instead as the flight was cancelled due to t-storms on East Coast yesterday.  We have two rounds booked up there.  Unfortunately, we couldn't get out on Arcadia Bluffs due to our schedule and their tee times.  Should be cool anyway.  I have played a course up over Lake Michigan in Benton Harbour a couple of times which was cool.  Site of a Senior major and a Jack course.  I'm hoping for more of the same.  It will be super chilled couples golf with rental clubs, cart, etc. so just pure fun.

9 hours ago, DrPhilly said:

What is the yardage from your tips?

Also, I was supposed to fly to Michigan today but I'll be going tomorrow instead as the flight was cancelled due to t-storms on East Coast yesterday.  We have two rounds booked up there.  Unfortunately, we couldn't get out on Arcadia Bluffs due to our schedule and their tee times.  Should be cool anyway.  I have played a course up over Lake Michigan in Benton Harbour a couple of times which was cool.  Site of a Senior major and a Jack course.  I'm hoping for more of the same.  It will be super chilled couples golf with rental clubs, cart, etc. so just pure fun.

Have fun and safe travels

our tips are about 7100-200. Normal green tees are 6600+

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ToastJenkins said:

Harman gonna coast to the Open title. Kinda boring honestly

Yes it was boring.  Up until his little victory speech when he said "I'm goin to get me a couple o bites outta this here trophy..." with heavy drawl.

:roll:

Pints he said. 

most people dont know how good he is. I was surprised nobody could make some putts and mount some kind of charge

• Like 1