Help Fund the EMB

VaBeach_Eagle

As we move into 2022, we have the boards hosting bill that will be coming due in April. That's running at almost $1,500 per year. We currently have almost $900 left in the boards checking account, so we're almost where we need to be, but not quite.

There's a few ways that everyone can easily help raise the money to keep the board funded. Below are a few of those ways.

Amazon.com purchases: EMB Amazon Affiliate Link 

This one is probably the easiest. If you buy things from Amazon, use our affiliate link and the board will get a small commission on that purchase. I buy from there a lot, but I'm actually forbidden from using the link myself. 

So whenever you're going to buy from Amazon, click our Amazon link to get to Amazon.com. Doing that will earn the EMB the commission. So far, since we started, we've earned almost $90 in commissions from Amazon.

eBay.com purchases: EMB eBay Affiliate Link

epn-qrcode.jpg

If you use eBay for purchases and you use our affiliate link or QR code, the board will receive a commission of between one and four percent.

Fanatics.com purchases: Fanatics Sports Gear

If you're going to buy some sports gear, like hats or shirts or just whatever they sell at Fanatics, use our link and we'll get a commission on those sales also. It doesn't have to be Eagles gear, it can be anything they sell.

LIDS.com purchases: Lids.com Sports Gear

Our newest affiliate (as of May 4th, 2023), they contacted me with a proposal for the EMB to partner with them, similarly to how we've partnered with Fanatics, Amazon and the other affiliates. 

Rakuten.com: https://www.rakuten.com

A lot of people may not know what this is but if you sign up for it (which is free), and use it to purchase $30 or more worth of "qualifying" stuff from sites like Fanatics, Amazon or many other major sites and stores, the board will get a $30 referral fee, you will also get $30 (at least until March 31, 2022 when this offer expires). So it'd be akin to getting free merchandise (since you get your $30 back). 

This one has the potential to raise A LOT of money for the board, if we can get enough people to sign up for it using our link and then make the 'qualifying' purchases within the specified timeframe. 

If enough people signup and qualify within the specified timeframe, this could fund the board by itself for a few years or more. But it's a little more involved than just clicking a link. 

If you want to read their terms, they're in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

Rakuten Image.PNG

Referral Bonus Terms
*Offer may be modified or cancelled anytime. Qualify for a $30 Referral Bonus when anyone whom you refer (a "Referee”) signs up to become a new member using your referral link or other method supplied by Rakuten during the period beginning 12:01AM ET December 7, 2021 and ending 11:59PM ET March 31, 2022 (“Offer Period”) and makes Qualifying Purchase(s) totaling at least $30 within 90 days of signing up. You may qualify for a Referral Bonus more than one time. You and your Referee(s) must reside and be located in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, or Canada and comply with the Refer-A-Friend Program Terms. Referral Bonus(es) will be added to your next Cash Back payment, provided that your Referee(s) are Qualified Referral(s) according to the Refer-A-Friend Program Terms. A Referee will not be a Qualified Referral if they cancel, return, or exchange their Qualifying Purchase, if their Qualifying Purchase hasn’t earned Cash Back, or if their purchase is found to be fraudulent, abusive, unethical, suspicious, or otherwise inconsistent with our Refer-A-Friend Program Terms.

Referral Sign Up Bonus Terms 
*Offer may be modified or cancelled anytime. Only new members are eligible for the Referral Sign Up Bonus. Not combinable with other offers including the Welcome Bonus. Qualify for a $30 Referral Sign Up Bonus when you sign up to become a new member using your referrer’s referral link or other method supplied by Rakuten during the period beginning 12:01AM ET December 7, 2021 and ending 11:59PM ET March 31, 2022 (“Offer Period”) and make Qualifying Purchase(s) totaling at least $30 within 90 days of signing up. One Referral Sign up Bonus per eligible new member. You and your referrer must reside and be located in the 50 United States, District of Columbia, or Canada and comply with the Refer-A-Friend Program Terms. Referral Sign Up Bonus will be added to your next Cash Back payment, provided that you are a Qualified Referral according to the Refer-A-Friend Program Terms. You will not be a Qualified Referral if you cancel, return, or exchange your Qualifying Purchase, if your Qualifying Purchase hasn’t earned Cash Back, or if your purchase is found to be fraudulent, abusive, unethical, suspicious, or otherwise inconsistent with our Refer-A-Friend Program Terms.

GoFundMehttps://gofund.me/f3bdac0f

As another option, if you just want to donate a few dollars directly, here's our GoFundMe fund raiser link. 

The Eagles Message Board (EMB) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good to know, esp the Amazon link. Wish I saw this before Xmas as I spent thousands through Amazon during the last month. Will look to use this option going forward.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Good to know, esp the Amazon link. Wish I saw this before Xmas as I spent thousands through Amazon during the last month. Will look to use this option going forward.

Yeah, I really should have done this a couple of months ago to take advantage of the holiday shopping but it just didn't occur to me at the time. 

• Like 1

Definitely using the Amazon link, plus  whatever Paypal or GoFundMe link you put up. Happy new Year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I use Amazon all the time. Wish I knew about this sooner.

It's been up since the beginning of the board! Read more then just the beanbagger threads! Lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's been up since the beginning of the board! Read more then just the beanbagger threads! Lol

I don’t like going too far. Next thing you know you’re in a political page and you realize how nuts the people on this site really are. 😂 On top of that there’s a "Ask Dave” section. Who answers that? 😂

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t like going too far. Next thing you know you’re in a political page and you realize how nuts the people on this site really are. 😂 On top of that there’s a "Ask Dave” section. Who answers that? 😂

Not me I never liked that clown lol. 

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Not me I never liked that clown lol. 

Dave has his face splattered all over the Eagles site- LARGE photo's. Him and HIS Super Bowl ring, him in a locker- as if it were HIS, etc. They should rename the Eagles web site DaveSpadaro.com. Really- what a self absorbed ass_hole he is.

5 minutes ago, Talonblood said:

Dave has his face splattered all over the Eagles site- LARGE photo's. Him and HIS Super Bowl ring, him in a locker- as if it were HIS, etc. They should rename the Eagles web site DaveSpadaro.com. Really- what a self absorbed ass_hole he is.

Exactly, I never understood why the eagles pay a guy like that. They have cheerleaders some of them are even good looking.they don't need his bald nerd ass!!

• Haha 2

I’ll definitely make sure to use that Amazon link from now on, I order from there a lot.

Definitely post the Gofundme, I’ll throw some $$ on it

18 hours ago, Swoop said:

Amazon link is good, but maybe add the GoFundMe as well?

7 hours ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I’ll definitely make sure to use that Amazon link from now on, I order from there a lot.

I can post a GoFundMe link, but my hope is that we can do it without having to dig into our pockets if possible. Using the various methods mentioned, we could do it without donations. But we need as many people to 'participate' as possible. 

Like I mentioned, the Rakuten link could provide thousands of dollars by itself, if we could get people to signup and then qualify for the commission. 100 qualifying members would earn the board $3,000.00 ($30 each), and by qualifying, they'd also get $30 each. So I see that as a real 'win-win'. The board gets funded for a couple of years and nobody has to put any cash out in donations. 

On 12/31/2021 at 10:03 PM, Talonblood said:

Definitely using the Amazon link, plus  whatever Paypal or GoFundMe link you put up. Happy new Year!

On 1/1/2022 at 6:00 PM, Swoop said:

Amazon link is good, but maybe add the GoFundMe as well?

On 1/2/2022 at 5:14 AM, Dwide Schrude said:

5 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

If you add a direct link to fund I would donate 

I'm hoping that our other funding methods will raise all that we need, but I've also added a GoFundMe to the original post. 

Anything raised there, above and beyond what's needed for 2022, will go into the bank for future years.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'm hoping that our other funding methods will raise all that we need, but I've also added a GoFundMe to the original post. 

Anything raised there, above and beyond what's needed for 2022, will go into the bank for future years.

I just hit the GFM link and donated a little something to get started. I'm broke after the holidays and not working, but hey, it'll help along the way.

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2022 at 2:45 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Do you know if it works on mobile when clicking the link opens my Amazon app & not in browser?

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Do you know if it works on mobile when clicking the link opens my Amazon app & not in browser?

It's just a link to Amazon, which uses our affiliate ID so that we get 'credit' for any purchases (I believe it sets a cookie, but I don't specifically remember). So, I do believe it's working correctly by opening your Amazon App (provided the app is a place where you make purchases, of course). 

• Thanks 1

So far, the first five days of January have been good with the Amazon commissions. Keep using our link throughout the year and if this average holds steady, we can not only fund this upcoming year but next year too. 

first 5 days.PNG

• Like 2

13 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's just a link to Amazon, which uses our affiliate ID so that we get 'credit' for any purchases (I believe it sets a cookie, but I don't specifically remember). So, I do believe it's working correctly by opening your Amazon App (provided the app is a place where you make purchases, of course). 

Is there a way just to enter the affiliate ID into your account ??  My wife buys tons of stuff, but will not start from the EMB.

54 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Is there a way just to enter the affiliate ID into your account ??  My wife buys tons of stuff, but will not start from the EMB.

The link doesn't have to be clicked from here. It just has to be our link. For instance, you could email or text her the link and that would count for us too. 

This is our direct link: https://www.amazon.com/?&_encoding=UTF8&tag=emb093-20&linkCode=ur2&linkId=a199b37cf70920e88772a80a7d831710&camp=1789&creative=9325

I don't know if there's a way to just enter our ID (emb093 ... I think), but I'll see if I can find an answer to that. 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

The link doesn't have to be clicked from here. It just has to be our link. For instance, you could email or text her the link and that would count for us too. 

This is our direct link: https://www.amazon.com/?&_encoding=UTF8&tag=emb093-20&linkCode=ur2&linkId=a199b37cf70920e88772a80a7d831710&camp=1789&creative=9325

I don't know if there's a way to just enter our ID (emb093 ... I think), but I'll see if I can find an answer to that. 

I spent 14k on amazon last year. I will use the link this year... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1