Help Fund the EMB

VaBeach_Eagle

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

On pace for $ 1,100.00.  

Funny... the exact cost for new breaks on my car... :devil:

lol Actually, it's not the exact cost. I need $3100 worth of work done, but they can't get the parts because of the supply line issues. They've had the car for almost a month now, waiting to get the parts. 

@VaBeach_Eagle Do you know if the link will work for Amazon Business accounts? I have to have someone order around $20k in equipment and instead of going through our vendor, I could have some of the equipment bought through Amazon instead. For us the price is about the same regardless.

19 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

We're at $36.11 for the year on Amazon now. 

Any way to see a specific purchase?  I bought something and had it arrive (to a family member's house as a gift) on Tuesday the 11th.  It was around $36 I think.  

56 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

@VaBeach_Eagle Do you know if the link will work for Amazon Business accounts? I have to have someone order around $20k in equipment and instead of going through our vendor, I could have some of the equipment bought through Amazon instead. For us the price is about the same regardless.

I'll look into that and see if it includes Business accounts or if it's just general public accounts. I'll let you know what I find. 

31 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Any way to see a specific purchase?  I bought something and had it arrive (to a family member's house as a gift) on Tuesday the 11th.  It was around $36 I think.  

I'll look and see. I don't know if it'll tell me specifics on items, but daily dollar amounts may show. 

• Like 1

Thanks - I did purchase a computer through my personal account just now that I needed to replace one in our office.

35 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I see two purchases from the 11th. One a tad over $60 and one a tad under $15. Those have both shipped, so if your purchase isn't one of those two, and hasn't shipped yet, that would be why it hasn't shown up yet. If it has shipped, it could be from a category that doesn't pay a commission. 

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I see two purchases from the 11th. One a tad over $60 and one a tad under $15. Those have both shipped, so if your purchase isn't one of those two, and hasn't shipped yet, that would be why it hasn't shown up yet. If it has shipped, it could be from a category that doesn't pay a commission. 

It was a book at $12.04 and food item at $22.89.  Only .72 cent tax total.  So probably not.

27 minutes ago, pallidrone said:

Thanks - I did purchase a computer through my personal account just now that I needed to replace one in our office.

So far I can't find anything one way or the other about business accounts and whether or not a commission would be paid on those purchases. So I can't say for sure. If you use our link and the board makes a commission, that's great. If not, that's too bad, but it's worth a try. Below is their FAQ on commissions and categories and what each pays, if anything. 

19 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It was a book at $12.04 and food item at $22.89.  Only .72 cent tax total.  So probably not.

A physical or digital book? Physical books pay a commission but digital books don't. Below is a link detailing the categories and what each pays in commissions. 

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/help/node/topic/GRXPHT8U84RAYDXZ

19 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So far I can't find anything one way or the other about business accounts and whether or not a commission would be paid on those purchases. So I can't say for sure. If you use our link and the board makes a commission, that's great. If not, that's too bad, but it's worth a try. Below is their FAQ on commissions and categories and what each pays, if anything. 

A physical or digital book? Physical books pay a commission but digital books don't. Below is a link detailing the categories and what each pays in commissions. 

https://affiliate-program.amazon.com/help/node/topic/GRXPHT8U84RAYDXZ

Physical book.  No worries, I'll keep trying.  I'm still not certain that clicking the link via mobile and it launching the mobile app works.   Not sure if you have to then browse the items and add to cart, or if you already have them in your wish list or cart and purchase via the link it works.  

Oh yeah. Am moving to US so will create new Rakuten account and new Amazon purchases would go through affiliate link. Don't ask me where am moving - NJ north giants country lol

My wife is the GM.of a plant in US nlw and people there were trying to impress her stating "oh well we will take ur hubby to a Giants game - he will love it (they think am Canadian and don't know NFL, 😉). "

Wife: " he is a die hard eagles fan, he would rather not move to the US then support the giants hahahahsh".

Made my day!! Great job guys on keeping this board going. Am going to support whatever way I can 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/13/2022 at 2:09 PM, NOTW said:

Physical book.  No worries, I'll keep trying.  I'm still not certain that clicking the link via mobile and it launching the mobile app works.   Not sure if you have to then browse the items and add to cart, or if you already have them in your wish list or cart and purchase via the link it works.  

something like that seems to be an issue for me too.. though not through the mobile app.. but most of the time i have an amazon link up in my browser so i just find what i want and add it to my cart... then realize i should use the link so i come here use the link and go into my cart and buy it but a lot of the times it seems like it never shows up as commission.. it could  be some of the stuff doesn’t count but i question how i need to go about using the link in hopes it counts.

On 12/31/2021 at 6:30 PM, DeathByEagle said:

Good to know, esp the Amazon link. Wish I saw this before Xmas as I spent thousands through Amazon during the last month. Will look to use this option going forward.

Same. I will know for next year

2 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

something like that seems to be an issue for me too.. though not through the mobile app.. but most of the time i have an amazon link up in my browser so i just find what i want and add it to my cart... then realize i should use the link so i come here use the link and go into my cart and buy it but a lot of the times it seems like it never shows up as commission.. it could  be some of the stuff doesn’t count but i question how i need to go about using the link in hopes it counts.

The way I understand it, when you click on the link, it sets a 24 hour cookie. Anything purchased within those 24 hours, if a commission is available, will be credited to the board. 

Does it count for items that are already in your shopping cart? That I don't know, but I'll see if I can find an answer. Also, the reports are 24 hours behind. If you buy something today, I won't see any activity (in terms of clicks or purchases) until tomorrow. Any payout of a commission (or even having a commission register on the report), won't happen until the item(s) actually ship. So that too, could cause a bit of delay in reporting of commissions. 

Posted the gofundme link to our little board. Thanks for saving our boards!!

• Like 1

After a few donations, we're now at $963.37. There's at least one donation that hasn't been transferred to the bank yet though. Once that's done, we'll be around $982 and some change.

Then there's $37.69 (as of today), sitting in Amazon for this month. So that'll be added to the pot, and as of this moment, about $50 in Google ad revenue that we have coming to us (but the Google ad money isn't paid out until it reaches at least $100). 

So we're inching closer to what we need for 2022/23, which is in the $1500 to $1600 range. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Then there's $37.69 (as of today), sitting in Amazon for this month.

We got a $7 commission yesterday, so it's growing nicely. 

On 1/9/2022 at 10:33 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I see that 4 people have signed up for Rakuten, now it's just a matter of making the qualifying purchases within the first 90 days. 

Just got a notification of qualification, so that's $30 more in the bank.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

i’ll try and qualify soon 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cheesteakitis said:

i’ll try and qualify soon 

If we could get 100 members to join and qualify, that's 2 years worth of EMB funding right there. 

On 1/19/2022 at 2:49 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I hit my $30 needed for Rakuten yesterday. Apparently one of my previous purchases didn't qualify. Confirmed I got my $30. Looks like they only release the funds quarterly though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thing3 said:

I hit my $30 needed for Rakuten yesterday. Apparently one of my previous purchases didn't qualify. Confirmed I got my $30. Looks like they only release the funds quarterly though.

Yeah, I see that it's telling me that I'll receive a check in May. But that's a win-win. You'll get that $30 sent to you and the board gets $30 as well. 

On 1/1/2022 at 12:32 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

It's been up since the beginning of the board! Read more then just the beanbagger threads! Lol

I dont know how so many people say they didnt know about these links. Its disappointing. We probably could have had the funding done plus plenty more in surplus. But hopefully, after this reminder people will remember in the future. 

For this year, I will absolutely donate to the gofundme again when needed. 

@VaBeach_Eagle when is the due date for payment? I clicked on the gofund me, and read April. Is it April 1st?

At some point I think it would be a good idea to start a campaign to raise funds on the gofundme page. I dont remember what Tommy has done on his site in the past when members would fund his trip to cover the senior bowl. I feel like I remember seeing a gofundme icon/ad on his page.

I know people don't want ads here, but I think most everyone would make an exception for this purpose, maybe 1-2 months out of the year. Wouldnt kill us to see a link to the gofundme made very visible at the top or on the borders of the page to make sure everyone sees it and has an opportunity to donate funds in time.

Is there some way you can send a mass email to the members of the board as a reminder to raise funds for the operational cost?