Help Fund the EMB

VaBeach_Eagle

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

@VaBeach_Eagle when is the due date for payment? I clicked on the gofund me, and read April. Is it April 1st?

At some point I think it would be a good idea to start a campaign to raise funds on the gofundme page. I dont remember what Tommy has done on his site in the past when members would fund his trip to cover the senior bowl. I feel like I remember seeing a gofundme icon/ad on his page.

I know people don't want ads here, but I think most everyone would make an exception for this purpose, maybe 1-2 months out of the year. Wouldnt kill us to see a link to the gofundme made very visible at the top or on the borders of the page to make sure everyone sees it and has an opportunity to donate funds in time.

Is there some way you can send a mass email to the members of the board as a reminder to raise funds for the operational cost?

April 15th is the billing date. 

We're over $1,000 in the boards account right now, so we have a little ways to go but more will be added from ads, Amazon, Rakuten and Fanatics between now and then.

I've thought about an 'Ad month' or something like that, but I'm a little worried that someone will be a bit too eager to help the board out and click some of the ads and wind up get us banned from AdSense, like happened last year. Not being able to have guest ads for multiple months probably cost us $150 to $200 in lost ad revenue at the time. 

Really, the big push for funds will come for 2023, when we have nothing left in the checking account and a looming $1500 to $1600 bill due (in April 2023). 

Sending emails is possible, but I think most people probably opted out of receiving emails when they registered... at least I think that was an option when registering. There's other things that can be done to remind people though. 

I keep mentioning Rakuten, if we could get a couple hundred members to sign up for it and buy $30 worth of Eagles gear (using their Rakuten account), funding wouldn't be an issue. They'd get their $30 back and the board would get $30 (from each membership). If we could get a couple hundred people to do that, we'd be fully funded for a few years.

How about just a pinned thread like this one promoting a gofund me link? Also ask people to add the link to their signature. Not sure if there is a way to recognize people on the board that have contributed but if possible that may be a good way to create awareness and encourage people to donate.

On 1/25/2022 at 8:39 AM, Thing3 said:

How about just a pinned thread like this one promoting a gofund me link? Also ask people to add the link to their signature. Not sure if there is a way to recognize people on the board that have contributed but if possible that may be a good way to create awareness and encourage people to donate.

The gofundme link is in the original post.

My thought was that if it had it's own pinned thread rather than being lumped in with the free options it may get more attention. My guess is a lot of people may be skeptical of free options and may ignore this thread altogether or miss the gofund me link. Most people are familiar with gofund me and will know what the deal is the moment they see what the topic is.

Three straight days without any sales. Don't forget to click our Amazon link before any Amazon purchases.

Amazon.PNG

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Three straight days without any sales. Don't forget to click our Amazon link before any Amazon purchases.

Amazon.PNG

clicked it yesterday 3 items think like $18 should ship out tomorrow i think

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

clicked it yesterday 3 items think like $18 should ship out tomorrow i think

If I understand their system correctly, one click will last for 24 hours. So if you clicked it right now and then bought something 23 hours from now, we'd still get credit for the sale. 

8 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Amazon.PNG

I made a purchase last Wed about $60 some, this time on my laptop that opened in my browser instead of the app. I keep trying but maybe the purchases aren't qualifying.

57 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I made a purchase last Wed about $60 some, this time on my laptop that opened in my browser instead of the app. I keep trying but maybe the purchases aren't qualifying.

I can see dollar amounts of orders, and there's been two orders in the $60 range, both under $65. So yours may be one of those two. I can't see what day they were ordered on though. But I can see that on Wednesday of last week, we earned a $0.36 commission. So that one could be your purchase. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I can see dollar amounts of orders, and there's been two orders in the $60 range, both under $65. So yours may be one of those two. I can't see what day they were ordered on though. But I can see that on Wednesday of last week, we earned a $0.36 commission. So that one could be your purchase. 

got an email last evening that my

stuff shipped so maybe we get something soon.

18 hours ago, NOTW said:

Spend more ya loser

4 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Spend more ya loser

I made us 36 cents! 

Wish this were highlighted before Christmas, i might have made us like $2.

26 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I made us 36 cents! 

Shame on you people for not knowing about this since the start of this board! Do you think message boards grow on trees!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

I made us 36 cents! 

$0.36 does sound minor, but if we could make $0.36 per day for a full year x 20 members, that's closing in on $3,000.00. Even just $0.36 per day for a full year ($131.40) would be helpful. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

$0.36 does sound minor, but if we could make $0.36 per day for a full year x 20 members, that's closing in on $3,000.00. Even just $0.36 per day for a full year ($131.40) would be helpful. 

"For the price of a cup of coffee, you can support knuckleheads posting on an unofficial football team message board." :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

@VaBeach_Eagle

Do I need to click the amazon link and then find my stuff? Or can i fill up my cart and then come back here and click the link and then check out?

That's a good question and I'll see if I can find a definite answer on it, but I believe that as long as you click the link before you check out, we'll get credit. But I'll see if I can find a more definitive answer on that to be sure. 

• Like 1

Here's an update of where we are. 

The EMB's bank account stands at: $1,078.23

For the month of January we earned:

Amazon: $52.73
Google: $34.08 
Rakuten: $30.00
Fanatics: $7.02
GoFundMe: $105

A generous soul donated $250 on February 1st, so the GoFundMe total is up to $355.00 now!

For Google, they only pay out once you reach $100 in your account. There was a previous balance of $21.85 already there, so add that to the $34.08 making that $55.93. The $105 from GoFundMe is already in the bank, so adding the rest to the bank total, the account will be at about $1,473.91.

So, we're almost where we need to be for 2022's bills. For 2023, we'll need to raise that same amount but we have 16 and a half months to work toward that one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So, we're almost where we need to be for 2022's bills. For 2023, we'll need to raise that same amount but we have 16 and a half months to work toward that one

Can we sell Hurts before the 2023 season? Lol

On 2/2/2022 at 1:43 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Can we sell Hurts before the 2023 season? Lol

Would that take care of one day or one year?

On 1/31/2022 at 11:32 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

5 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Would that take care of one day or one year?

36 cents now and 36 cents after he plays 10% of the snaps

Oh man wish I would seen this before Christmas I spent 8 million dollars on Amazon 🙄

• Like 1