Eagles vs Bucs in First Round of Playoffs - SUN, JAN 16 1pm (FOX)

time2rock

11 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Imagine.... Beat the GOAT, beat AR in Lambeau, beat Dal in Jerry World. 🤣🤣🤣 

Unlikely . . . but then who do we beat in the SuperBowl?

You want Andy Reid and KC?

New England again?

1 minute ago, CouchKing said:

New England again?

After that run we'd be on such a high...bring on anyone honestly.  Honestly though, beating Brady and Belichick on different teams during the same post-season would have to vault us above NY for the title of dynasty killers lol. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JohnB said:

I hated them since that game when they beat us 14-13 after we were winning 13-0 ridiculously late in the game but that voodoo priest put a curse on them, predicting the Bucs would "surprise" the Eagles. And boy did they ever. I forget what year it was but Kotite was the coach. 

That was 1991. The game that kept us out of the playoffs lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JohnB said:

I hated them since that game when they beat us 14-13 after we were winning 13-0 ridiculously late in the game but that voodoo priest put a curse on them, predicting the Bucs would "surprise" the Eagles. And boy did they ever. I forget what year it was but Kotite was the coach. 

October 6, 1991: Bucs 14 Eagles 13

• Like 1

Birds are playing with house money on Sunday. Nobody expected them to make the playoffs, and nobody will be expecting them to upset the GOAT. They have already far exceeded my (and most others) expectations. 4th downs, trick plays, F it…do it all! Leave it all on the field. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CouchKing said:

New England again?

I'd take KC, sure. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

You want Gannon to attack Brady tonight!? Seems a bit extreme but, whatever helps.i guess. 

Tonya Harding style. 😂🤣😂

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Tonya Harding style. 😂🤣😂

When you mentioned that, I remembered a story where a women’s soccer player at PSG allegedly hired people to injure one of her teammates, so she could get more playing time. I looked up that story, and it has gotten weirder since it was originally reported.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/a-brutal-assault-and-a-teammate-s-arrest-rock-psg-s-women-s-team-1.4749078

We’re gonna lose by 40!

😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂

There's a few ways the Eagles can win this game:

1. TB12 and/or Vita get COVID while the Eagles roster stays healthy.
2. Be at least +2 in the turnover department.
3. The Eagles defense, collectively, have the game of their careers.

Not too worried about the Eagles offense simply because there aren't many options... they're going to have to get some production running the ball. If not, there's no point in even showing up. You're not going to win in a TB12 vs. Hurts pass-a-thon.

• Like 2

I just hope at least we don't get embarrassed. A somewhat close game or a moral victory is good enough for me.

• Like 1

Gannon can't wait until the 3rd quarter to get his D playing. They need to play 4 quarters, which they never can do. Brady vs Gannon's D? This could get very ugly very quickly. Gannon can redeem himself here, but I doubt it. The offense doesn't worry me, but the D decides whether they are one and done. I have zero faith Gannon can stop Brady. I have zero faith in Gannon against a + .500 team, period. 

I'll be back to eat the crow should the D perform a miracle and the Eagles win. Hell, I'll eat the crow if the D plays great and the offense loses the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mayanh8 said:

There's a few ways the Eagles can win this game:

1. TB12 and/or Vita get COVID while the Eagles roster stays healthy.
2. Be at least +2 in the turnover department.
3. The Eagles defense, collectively, have the game of their careers.

Not too worried about the Eagles offense simply because there aren't many options... they're going to have to get some production running the ball. If not, there's no point in even showing up. You're not going to win in a TB12 vs. Hurts pass-a-thon.

The first is the most likely. You are also right about losing a pass-a-thon.

LAC have a pretty good RB who wasn't really relevant the last drive in the 4th QT and OT. If it comes down to passing the ball like we saw tonight Hurts and the Eagles are screwed. That has always been my biggest issue with him.

So it is the Bucs. Bring it on. It could be ugly but I think this may be our best chance other than the Cards. It's a shorter trip so that helps but it is Brady.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, b_west3 said:

1pm Sunday.  

Excellent news for us Eagles fans over in the UK  😀.

(I may of course change my tune on that if they get blown out 😳🤣)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gregbwfc1 said:

Excellent news for us Eagles fans over in the UK  😀.

(I may of course change my tune on that if they get blown out 😳🤣)

Yeah agreed. I'm a big fan of the 6pm (UK) kick off on a Sunday. I'd also have been happy with a 9.15pm Saturday kick off time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Birds are playing with house money on Sunday. Nobody expected them to make the playoffs, and nobody will be expecting them to upset the GOAT. They have already far exceeded my (and most others) expectations. 4th downs, trick plays, F it…do it all! Leave it all on the field. 

This is exactly right and it's the mentality the Eagles should have in this game.  Underdogs, playing with house money, nothing to lose.  The coaches need to get this team LOOSE for this game.  Be aggressive on BOTH sides of the ball, especially defense.  

If Gannon comes out with his typical soft game plan in the first half and Brady just shreds us with no-name receivers, that will be disgraceful (and also on par with what we've seen this season).