Eagles vs Bucs in First Round of Playoffs - SUN, JAN 16 1pm (FOX)

time2rock

Just now, downundermike said:

@Swoop looks like you are gonna be active for the game on Sunday.  How's your conditioning ??

I got it. I'll just dive at Brady's legs and take one for the team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Saints beat them 9-0.  It's all about pressuring Brady up the middle, and making sure Evans and Gronk are bracketed IMO.

39 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

all we have do is run jet sweep with Reagor,  unstoppable 

Bucs message board is full of posts saying that they can win if they can bracket/take away Reagor and JJAW. Going to be up to Siri to scheme those guys open with all the double teams they will be seeing.

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I got it. I'll just dive at Brady's legs and take one for the team. 

That's a true team player right there. While taking out the knees, punch him in the babymaker as well. Give Giselle a night off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Godfather said:

Eagles are going to get spanked

"Usually you have to pay extra for that kind of action, Cotton."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know he’s supposedly coming back again next year but… can you imagine if the Eagles win and Brady decides to retire after the season? How sweet would it be for his last NFL game to be a playoff loss to the Eagles?

• Like 2

I just want the Eagles gameplan to be physical and aggressive from the first snap:

• Offense - run the ball with some playaction
  • Defense - Heavy middle pressure with some stunts/blitzing and bracket Gronk/Evans.  Per previous posts this is what Saints exposed.  Eagles should also anticipate Bucs counters to this and run fake pressure and then play to those expected counters.

If Gannon sits back passive Eagles are Fed.

I could see all three road teams win their NFC playoff games this weekend and if that happened, the Cardinals would actually host a playoff game in the Divisional Round against the 49ers while the Eagles go to Green Bay in round 2. 

It's going to be a tough game to win. I think the only way we win this game is by playing disciplined smashmouth football and wearing them down on both sides of the ball. I just don't think our coaches are disciplined enough to stick with it nor do I think we are talented enough to keep the score close enough for us to to pull that off. But if we can have some early success and/or the Bucs make some early mistakes, maybe we can stay hanging around long enough to stay the course and pull one out of our arse.

2 hours ago, nipples said:

I know he’s supposedly coming back again next year but… can you imagine if the Eagles win and Brady decides to retire after the season? How sweet would it be for his last NFL game to be a playoff loss to the Eagles?

That would just motivate him to come back next year, go 20-0 and then win 3 more Super Bowls.

• Haha 1

I live 2hrs from Tampa.  Ticket prices are insane. I want to go, but if i shell out $600 a ticket and we get blown out, I'll likely end up in a Tampa jail.  Decisions decisions

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, ThinkGreen said:

well we always knew it would one and out

Just like your sex life. 

Hey-o!  :lol:

Sorry, had to.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, What The F said:

I live 2hrs from Tampa.  Ticket prices are insane. I want to go, but if i shell out $600 a ticket and we get blown out, I'll likely end up in a Tampa jail.  Decisions decisions

I don’t understand what the question is?  Of course you go and make sure someone is available to bail you out. 

• Haha 1

To win, they have to control the clock and score.  They have to run.  Vea is a nightmare for them.  Kelce Kryptonite.  Which means Gannon will have to deal with Brady & Gronk more than any of us would want him to.  Fun season while it lasted.

Very glad we have this game. And we aren’t extremely banged up either..

We got a chance, an underdog ones but still.. 
Week just started and I am already feeling it!! Go Birds!

• Like 2

Siriani should pull out all the tricks he has been saving. Treat it like the last game of the season, like it's our superbowl, just go for it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Siriani should pull out all the tricks he has been saving. Treat it like the last game of the season, like it's our superbowl, just go for it. 

I’m confident we’ll be ready offensively for this game. Sirianni has made a lot of positive adjustments the last half of the season; we now know our identity. 

It’s the defense that will determine it. If we win, it’ll be like 26-19. If we lose, it’ll be like 26-41

• Like 1

6 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Wished he saved the shovel pass for the playoffs instead of unveiling it in a useless game e verses the Cowboys. 

21 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Bucs message board is full of posts saying that they can win if they can bracket/take away Reagor and JJAW. Going to be up to Siri to scheme those guys open with all the double teams they will be seeing.

Clearly not many bucs fans have watched many or any eagles games. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, proveagle said:

I just want the Eagles gameplan to be physical and aggressive from the first snap:

• Offense - run the ball with some playaction
  • Defense - Heavy middle pressure with some stunts/blitzing and bracket Gronk/Evans.  Per previous posts this is what Saints exposed.  Eagles should also anticipate Bucs counters to this and run fake pressure and then play to those expected counters.

If When Gannon sits back passive Eagles are Fed.

FYP

I was saying one and done at 1st, but the Eagles could beat the Bucs IF Gannon's D plays well FOR 4 QUARTERS  and doesn't take the 1st half off. Hell, they can't even take a play off. Gannon is the key to either the Eagles getting embarrassed or glorified. I changed my mind that they can't win the game- they can. If the D collapses, I want Gannon out before next season starts. If he does well and shows flashes of being able to beat a + .500 team, maybe he stays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

I was saying one and done at 1st, but the Eagles could beat the Bucs IF Gannon's D plays well FOR 4 QUARTERS  and doesn't take the 1st half off. Hell, they can't even take a play off. Gannon is the key to either the Eagles getting embarrassed or glorified. I changed my mind that they can't win the game- they can. If the D collapses, I want Gannon out before next season starts. If he does well and shows flashes of being able to beat a + .500 team, maybe he stays.

We are a different team than we were when we played them in week 6.  They are a different team as well - no Godwin, no Brown, Fournette was placed on IR in week 15 (but he is being activated from IR for this game Sunday).  None of that means we'll win but it certainly helps.  

Don’t want to mess with the good vibes here, but am I the only one thinking Gannon having an HC interview is terrible timing and will mess with his preparation?

Don’t like it at all..

5 minutes ago, Infam said:

Don’t want to mess with the good vibes here, but am I the only one thinking Gannon having an HC interview is terrible timing and will mess with his preparation?

Don’t like it at all..

No....if anything I see it as providing motivation.