Eagles vs Bucs in First Round of Playoffs - SUN, JAN 16 1pm (FOX)

time2rock

Imagine the Eagles D playing the 1st half like they have been playing in the 2nd half of games, then playing the second half like that as well. That's a win if they found a way to do it.

On 1/12/2022 at 6:10 PM, Random Reglar said:

Also,  Mailata can blitz up the middle.   Both = creative.

You definitely think outside the box bud. 😂

The eagles certainly have a chance in this game but that’s contingent on a few things. 1) commit to the run 2) get pressure on Brady and get him moving off the spot because if Tom Brady even at 44 is allowed time he’ll destroy us. So gannon needs to draw up the anti Washington game  defence and do that. 3) I’ve seen posters joke about Mailata running with the ball but a former rugby league player running with the ball after a head of steam is no joke. I’d have it drawn up and use it if it came up.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

The eagles certainly have a chance in this game but that’s contingent on a few things. 1) commit to the run 2) get pressure on Brady and get him moving off the spot because if Tom Brady even at 44 is allowed time he’ll destroy us. So gannon needs to draw up the anti Washington game  defence and do that. 3) I’ve seen posters joke about Mailata running with the ball but a former rugby league player running with the ball after a grad of steam is no joke. I’d have it drawn up and use it if it came up.

I mean look they got Lane catching a pass against the WFT right? Or maybe it was another game but they drew up that play. I have to believe they have something up their sleeve at some point for Mailata.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, downundermike said:

Brady is 20-4 in playoff games in Foxborough.  I do not think the weather is going to impact him the way people are hoping.

Playing in Foxborough in the playoffs when you are dealing with frigid weather conditions is quite a bit different that playing in Tampa with thunderstorms and a  muddy field.

I'm not saying he won't be successful, but comparing weather conditions in January and February in Foxborough to weather conditions in Tampa is comparing apples to oranges.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bamabird said:

Playing in Foxborough in the playoffs when you are dealing with frigid weather conditions is quite a bit different that playing in Tampa with thunderstorms and a  muddy field.

I'm not saying he won't be successful, but comparing weather conditions in January and February in Foxborough to weather conditions in Tampa is comparing apples to oranges.

You're right and I agree with that. But look the weather isn't going to really affect Brady. It may affect his receivers. It may affect the game but it isn't going to affect Brady. He's been there, he's seen it, he's played it in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You're right and I agree with that. But look the weather isn't going to really affect Brady. It may affect his receivers. It may affect the game but it isn't going to affect Brady. He's been there, he's seen it, he's played it in.

He’s going to take what the defense gives him. He would have no problem dinking and dunking his way downfield. The Eagles should enlist a similar plan with their run and short to medium passes. They needs to avoid the negative plays and penalties though. It won’t be an easy game. The refs will not be kind to the Eagles in this one. One turnover could mean the difference in the game for the Eagles. 

• Like 2

I actually love the underdog role this week. No analyst is giving us a chance the win. Let's prove them wrong. 

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

He’s going to take what the defense gives him. He would have no problem dinking and dunking his way downfield. The Eagles should enlist a similar plan with their run and short to medium passes. They needs to avoid the negative plays and penalties though. It won’t be an easy game. The refs will not be kind to the Eagles in this one. One turnover could mean the difference in the game for the Eagles. 

We need to somehow win the turnover differential. I don't like our chances of doing that but we do. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We need to somehow win the turnover differential. I don't like our chances of doing that but we do. 

Huge task getting a turnover from that team. On top of that we have a running back with a broken hand that already has turnover issues. Not good at all. Hurts also is a little too lose with that football when it comes to those sack fumbles for my liking. 

• Like 1

Would not be an easy game to win.  The best chance is to play the team's best weapon: run the ball.  The OL is the key to get the running game going.  We have 4 RBs all can carry the ball and gain yardage.  Have them available to the game.  Run the ball, use the clock and that will keep Brady on the sideline.  Good luck guys!

7 minutes ago, Penn7980 said:

Would not be an easy game to win.  The best chance is to play the team's best weapon: run the ball.  The OL is the key to get the running game going.  We have 4 RBs all can carry the ball and gain yardage.  Have them available to the game.  Run the ball, use the clock and that will keep Brady on the sideline.  Good luck guys!

Sounds good in theory.

Tampa Bay scored 30+ points in all 4 playoff games last year.

Brady has scored 30+ points in 11 of his last 14 playoff games.

I hope Gannon is creative enough to mix it up and throw different things at Brady and not just sit back and let him pick us apart. 

• Like 1

So I just simmed out the season to match the playoff schedule in Madden & somehow managed to beat the Bucks 19-14 (on All Madden🤪), last time I did this was 2017 NFC Champ game & was one point off the final score, you can all thank me later 🤑, did get my ass kicked by GB the next week tho...

The weather is definitely going to favour us, that's about it though.

I think our O can have some success, but our D is going to get lit up.

Just make it respectable, that's all I ask.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

The weather is definitely going to favour us, that's about it though.

I think our O can have some success, but our D is going to get lit up.

Just make it respectable, that's all I ask.

I just know straight away our D is going to come out, it isn't going to get to Brady and it is going to give up the easy completions and they are going to march down the field and score. It is going to happen because it has happened in like... 14 games this year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Don't count on the weather for too much help. The latest on Accuweather is calling for 25% chance of precipitation with no accumulation Sunday afternoon but winds west 23 gusting 37 mph. I wonder what direction the field is laid out in Tampa. That much crosswind would make longer passes pretty tricky. But then I don't think Tom is known for his long ball, very good at dink and dunk though so the wind may have less effect than we'd like to think.

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

Don't count on the weather for too much help. The latest on Accuweather is calling for 25% chance of precipitation with no accumulation Sunday afternoon but winds west 23 gusting 37 mph. I wonder what direction the field is laid out in Tampa. That much crosswind would make longer passes pretty tricky. But then I don't think Tom is known for his long ball, very good at dink and dunk though so the wind may have less effect than we'd like to think.

Weather was never gonna be an issue for Brady.  Hurts will be the one struggling to throw if the wind is bad.

Not sure why everyone is so concerned about the weather. By game time it's gonna be fine. Gannon is the biggest concern. Brady loses when he is not comfortable in the pocket. I don't care if he doesn't have 2 of his top 3 WRs. He can pull people from the stands and make them look good. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

I hope Gannon is creative enough to mix it up and throw different things at Brady and not just sit back and let him pick us apart. 

Gannon game planning

1CMWvi.gif

• Haha 3