Eagles vs Bucs in First Round of Playoffs - SUN, JAN 16 1pm (FOX)

time2rock

9 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

No....if anything I see it as providing motivation.

I’d rather have him prepare for Brady not Paton.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

We are a different team than we were when we played them in week 6.  They are a different team as well - no Godwin, no Brown, Fournette was placed on IR in week 15 (but he is being activated from IR for this game Sunday).  None of that means we'll win but it certainly helps.  

Dude, I'm.... starting... to.... believe!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, opa-opa said:

Siriani should pull out all the tricks he has been saving. Treat it like the last game of the season, like it's our superbowl, just go for it. 

agreed.  

The Eagles have a number of great, athletic, versatile oliners.  They have very good backups.  They can have more than 5 of them on the field at once.  Some say "the tricks" others say "run".  The playoffs are not the time to train Hurts to get better and better at passing.  It's not the time for lots of WR3.   The Eagles have great run blocking, and if they go with run blocking max,  with very good backups out there in addition to the great starters,  and run, just run the ball,  they should be able to move the ball down the field. 

The Ravens stopped running in the playoffs from 2018-2020.  They lost.  They never had the great oline + backups that the Eagles have.  They still should have run.  Mistakes in the pass game led to their losses. 

• Like 1

Ok, I officially believe they can win this game. It is doable. All we need to do to rattle Brady is print out huge photo's of Nick Foles and put them all over our sideline. He will be completely rattled and rendered useless. 

But seriously folks, we CAN win this one!

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2022 at 8:36 PM, b_west3 said:

Time to send Thomas to the retirement home...am I right?

I don't want to kill him; I just want to crush him and end his career. E-A-G-L-E-S Iggles!!!!

On 1/10/2022 at 12:59 PM, Swoop said:

I got it. I'll just dive at Brady's legs and take one for the team. 

Brady (Bounty--) Bowl!!!

Mike Evans, Gronkowski, OJ Howard, Brady & Fournette..

Nah, no chance..

Next season though, we going to make a deep play off run..

• Like 1

Blitz, Blitz, Blitz. Constant Pressure.  I don't care.  Bring the house on Brady.   More Man than Zone.  Let Slay and our Secondary jam up his targets.   On Offense.  A lot of Run, Run, Run and don't stop.  Get Devonta and Dallas heavily involved in the passing game.   I also watched the first matchup again and though our numbers didn't look great and we did play them much closer than people admit.   The Score was 28-14 in the 3rd QTR.   Than we blanked them in the 4th and we scored 8 points with over 5 minutes to go.    That B.S. Taunting call prevented one more drive and they just ran out the clock.   

2 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Blitz, Blitz, Blitz. Constant Pressure.  I don't care.  Bring the house on Brady. 

On Offense.  A lot of Run, Run, Run and don't stop.

That’s a recipe for certain failure.

We only win if we get creative and unpredictable. Blitzing like crazy Brady will kill us.

4 minutes ago, Infam said:

We only win if we get creative and unpredictable. Blitzing like crazy Brady will kill us.

Staying back and being passive Brady will kill us more than bringing more pressure on him.  We tried that approach last time and it didn't really work.    This is why the Giants killed him twice, they were all over him both games.   

8 minutes ago, KINGnabb said:

Staying back and being passive Brady will kill us more than bringing more pressure on him.  We tried that approach last time and it didn't really work. 

Which is why we need balance. Neither ‘blitz, blitz, blitz’ nor total passivity will get us there.

Same on offense - ‘run, run, run’ is just as stupid as always passing was last time.

4 minutes ago, Infam said:

Which is why we need balance. Neither ‘blitz, blitz, blitz’ nor total passivity will get us there.

Same on offense - ‘run, run, run’ is just as stupid as always passing was last time.

Well running the ball keeps Brady on the sidelines.   Obviously I wasn't saying 100%, I meant more times than not.   We also can't leave points on the field.  If the FG is there, take it.  Jake has been money for us.   Here's the break down from game one:

Bucs 14, 7, 7, 0

Eagles, 7, 0, 7, 8

So you have to go point for point against Brady.   We may have to put up 30 or more possibly to stop him.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Infam said:

There is nothing we can do that Brady hasn't seen before.  Blitzing will certainly HAVE to be part of what we do.  He will kill our zone if we try to play coverage.  We need to play more man coverage in this game and send an extra rusher often.  Need to get Brady off his spot.

32 minutes ago, EaglesAddict said:

There is nothing we can do that Brady hasn't seen before.  Blitzing will certainly HAVE to be part of what we do.  He will kill our zone if we try to play coverage.  We need to play more man coverage in this game and send an extra rusher often.  Need to get Brady off his spot.

If only someone like Derek Barnett could show up to the game for once in his NFL career.. Sweat, Hargrave and Cox will show something, Barnett needs to contribute with a QB hit or sack.....

Best way to beat Brady is by making him always feel the Dlineman close to him, like what the Giants did twice....

Blitzing Brady will kill us imo, plus Gannon's blitz's looked terrible against quality QBs.

Just hope for the best, prepare for the worst, so you wont be disappointed.

Start thinking of Next Year :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Jeep_man said:

If only someone like Derek Barnett could show up to the game for once in his NFL career.. Sweat, Hargrave and Cox will show something, Barnett needs to contribute with a QB hit or sack.....

Best way to beat Brady is by making him always feel the Dlineman close to him, like what the Giants did twice....

Blitzing Brady will kill us imo, plus Gannon's blitz's looked terrible against quality QBs.

Just hope for the best, prepare for the worst, so you wont be disappointed.

Start thinking of Next Year :ph34r:

I'm with ya.  My rational mind is telling me not to expect anything and that we will most likely lose.  But, there's this little voice in my head that also keeps saying "there's a chance!"  due to the Bucs being without Godwin and Brown and the Eagles' offense being better than they were since their first meeting.  Could be a close game.  What'll probably happen is it'll be close enough for me to get sucked in, start truly hoping for a win, only to lose because the defense can't stop Brady when it matters most <_<

A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 70. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 13 to 17 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 mph.
As of today this is the forecast for Sunday in Tampa.  We need a good rain during the game to give us an advantage.  If this game can turn into a battle of the trenches then we have a better chance.
Gannon cannot be passive with Brady.  No sitting back rushing 4 and letting him throw underneath routes and sustain long drives.  We'll see Gannon's potential this game or lack thereof.  I'm hoping he's smart enough to put Slay on Evans all game wherever he lines up.  He's by far their #1 WR so you need to neutralize him as best you can.  The big problem in the passing game is going to be Gronk.  Do you bracket him and allow our other DBs to all go 1v1 with their man?  We need to blitz Brady, but need to disguise them as well as we can and employ lots of stunts as well.  Can't just rush 4 straight ahead.  Can't make it easy for him and allow him to just sit back and pick us apart.  Last game Brady threw 42 passes (no sacks) and Tampa had a nearly 2 to 1 TOP advantage because their pass game was like a very effective run game. 
Their scoring drives last game:
10 plays, 75 yards, 5:34
9 plays, 75 yards, 5:28
11 plays, 72 yards, 5:36
12 plays, 79 yards, 7:41
That's over 24 minutes of TOP just on 4 scoring drives.
Gannon is going to have to be really creative vs Brady and we'll see if he's up to it.
On O we didn't have Lane last game vs them.  We only ran the ball 19 times with Hurts having 10 rushes and Sanders with 9.  Hurts threw 26 passes and was mostly ineffective only completing 12 and only having 4.4 YPA and also threw an INT.  We need to run the ball this game because it keeps Brady off the field and wears down their D.  Sure, Tampa is 3rd best in rush yards/game allowed at 92.5, but at the time the Saints were the #1 run D and we gashed them.  Tampa is only 15th in YPC (Saints are #1) so if we could run on the Saints then we can run on them.  So establish the run game early and as often as we can. 
The other thing is RZ efficiency.  We need to take our chances when we have the opportunity.  No dumb penalties, no cute trick plays, just smash them in the mouth and come up with some nice simple plays to scheme receivers open in the EZ.  And this is an area where Hurts' legs can come in handy.
We have to play a near perfect game on both sides of the ball to have a chance to win.  Not impossible, but also not likely.  I'm just hoping to see a competitive team with lots of fight.

There are two things you need to stuff Brady:  pressure up the middle and great slot corner play.  The Eagles have gotten both down the stretch and they have to show up Sunday.  Hargrave/Cox/Milt Williams/Maddox are the keys to the game on defense.  On offense its obviously strength on strength, but yes I am confident that Lane & Kelce can beat Vea & Suh.

Hand it off to Mailata about 5 times.... That should soften them up a bit..